Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by ThatGirlEdie
My husband applied for an Ink Plus & Ink Bold last month. One he wanted to use to separate work expenses (airfare, flights) for easier reimbursement, & one he wanted for his fledgling freelance work. Both applications were pending for a couple of weeks, so he called in about the Ink Plus & received a rejection letter shortly after, citing "too many applications or accounts." These are the only two applications he has made since January & he has no accounts with Chase. He called the recon line & was told that his business is too new & they're looking for people who will be charging more than $3k on the card every month.
Two applications at once? Since January?

You don't need a history with Chase, but he looks greedy and not profitable.

If the primary goal is to get one of these Ink cards, I'd suggest waiting six months or more before applying for anything. If he can build a positive history with Chase, that may help; however, their business deposit accounts aren't very exciting these days. If his business has existing credit lines, use and take care of them. Getting a business card for a business for which he is not an officer may be an uphill battle, although it's happened.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:07 am

pre application questions

Before I apply for the Ink Plus card or any other rewards card, I am trying to see what qualifies into the bonus categories for purchases that I make on a monthly basis. In doing so, I will see if I can get the 5X bonus rewards thru ink or if I need to go to one of the airline cards or a Capital One Card.

I use stamps.com for my business, does it qualify as an office supply expense?
Also, I am starting to replace computers at work, does purchases at an apple store or apple.com or best buy qualify for office supply if it is for a computer?

I realize by reading on the forum and elsewhere that even purchases at stores like staples might not show up in the office supply category if the store or purchase is not keyed in as such category. Is there a way to find out/a list somewhere that shows how a merchant shows up when making a purchase at their stores? To so if purchases show up in a bonus category or in the everything else category.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
No. No. Not really, YMMV.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visa SavingsEdge program

Does anyone use this?

The program said the extra 1% earning would be automatically posted to the account. However it does not say how long it normally takes.

I have a purchase made at Staple that is posted to the card on the day of statement closes, so it is including in the billing, but I still do not see the Visa SavingsEdge rebate on my InkPlus, some 14 days after the charge posted.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Does anyone use this?

The program said the extra 1% earning would be automatically posted to the account. However it does not say how long it normally takes.

I have a purchase made at Staple that is posted to the card on the day of statement closes, so it is including in the billing, but I still do not see the Visa SavingsEdge rebate on my InkPlus, some 14 days after the charge posted.
My rebate generally posts within ten days. You can call Visa Savings Edge program to file a claim.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:47 pm

What happens to UR points when ONE of two Ink cards is closed?

A multiple-choice question about the relationship between UR points and Ink cards:

Say I have X UR points earned from Ink Bold and Y points from Ink Plus. If I cancel Ink Bold to avoid the AF, will I lose:
A) X points because they're linked to the card being closed
B) X+Y points because they're linked to the same Chase UR account
C) 0 points because the Chase UR account remains open
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Transfer points from X to Y. Close X.
You'll be fine.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:34 pm

Usually takes 3-5 days for me. File a claim.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
In my experience, the adjustment transacts the same day as the matching charge posts. Then it's the usual wait of one to five business days for it to post.

It's always come through for me, so I wouldn't worry about it. It'll show up on the next statement.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AXR64
A multiple-choice question about the relationship between UR points and Ink cards:

Say I have X UR points earned from Ink Bold and Y points from Ink Plus. If I cancel Ink Bold to avoid the AF, will I lose:
A) X points because they're linked to the card being closed
B) X+Y points because they're linked to the same Chase UR account
C) 0 points because the Chase UR account remains open
You do NOT have a single UR account. Each card has its OWN UR account.

Dont you see the UR points are listed separately under each card's instead of a "Pool" when you go to UR site? And when you try to "use" the UR pts, the available amount is tied to each individual card's balance?
The number showing on the Account Summary page is the AGGREGATED number from ALL your different UR accounts.

Before you close X, you need to transfer all UR pts in X to Y. Else you would lose all UR pts in X's UR account. Someone just made the wrong assumption that Chase works like AMEX (having one UR account) and lost 60K UR pts when he closed his Ink card.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:12 pm

You do NOT have a single UR account. Each card has its OWN UR account.

Dont you see the UR points are listed separately under each card's instead of a "Pool" when you go to UR site? And when you try to "use" the UR pts, the available amount is tied to each individual card's balance?
The number showing on the Account Summary page is the AGGREGATED number from ALL your different UR accounts.

Before you close X, you need to transfer all UR pts in X to Y. Else you would lose all UR pts in X's UR account. Someone just made the wrong assumption that Chase works like AMEX (having one UR account) and lost 60K UR pts when he closed his Ink card.
Thanks f0xx and Happy. Will do just what you suggested.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Has anyone with an Ink Plus MC called and see if they would product change to an Ink Plus Visa to use the Visa Savings Edge? Note, I already have an Ink Plus Visa that seems to register as a different business with Chase.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
How long does it take for points to post once you meet the minimum spending requirement?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Fuerza
How long does it take for points to post once you meet the minimum spending requirement?
When your next statement hits. However, if you reached the minimum spend in close proximity to your statement date (<5 days) the points may not post until the following statement.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:27 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I already have the Ink Bold, how difficult is it to apply for Ink Plus without having any business revenue? I have a few other Chase personal cards, and have charged about 8k in my Ink Bold in a little less than a year. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.