Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:35 pm

Small Business Week is in 2 weeks. Any rumors on if they will do 60k offers again?

Regarding the order of Bold and Plus: yes, apply for Bold first. Don't worry about the pending app. Just let it ride and you might get approved automatically.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Looks like this:

is your account OK? what was the unavailable for? system issue?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
is your account OK? what was the unavailable for? system issue?
Ended up being Chase moving my MC to a Visa card. I'm still waiting for the cards to show up in the mail.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:30 am

I already have two Ink Bold cards, there's no way they'd let me have an Ink Plus card as well. Though, I do spend over 80k/year in legitimate Biz spend for inventory.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by waingro
Small Business Week is in 2 weeks. Any rumors on if they will do 60k offers again?
Answering myself: Yes, it's happening again.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Anyone with a current Mastercard been able to cancel it and reapply for the Visa to get the signup bonus? Seems like a good time to try.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: SW
I am still concerned that they have really cracked down on start-up businesses lately. I have seen posts of Chase asking for proof in pretty specific terms which would make it very hard to claim a start up as your biz. Also, people trying 3 different CSR's with the same stonewall responses and denial.

I would love for anyone to report back with their very recent experience claiming a start up biz.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by xdeeman
I am still concerned that they have really cracked down on start-up businesses lately. I have seen posts of Chase asking for proof in pretty specific terms which would make it very hard to claim a start up as your biz. Also, people trying 3 different CSR's with the same stonewall responses and denial.

I would love for anyone to report back with their very recent experience claiming a start up biz.
+1
Old May 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Froze EX yesterday and applied for Chase Ink Plus. Saw a new pull on Credit Karma today which I believe pulls TU. Chase has pulled both EX & TU in the past for me, does anyone have experience to say whether or not one report will satisy Chase in processing the application?
Old May 2, 2014, 12:23 pm

Okay I'll start cuz my biz is less than a year old. App yielded "we'll let ya know in 30 days" email. Called recon and didn't even get asked for more info, they just quickly reviewed while I was on hold and came back and said no.

Reason was too many new cards which kinda surprised me. CSP and SW in August, SW Biz in November. They also mentioned another company's card new last summer and another company's card new this winter. For biz info on app I used true numbers but they're small. Less than 5000 revenue, although my revenue is better than when I did my SW Biz app. Very high credit score.

I think I need to HUCA and at least volunteer to close one of the SW cards. Advice, please. Bueller?
Old May 2, 2014, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
CSP and SW in August, SW Biz in November. They also mentioned another company's card new last summer and another company's card new this winter.
Can I ask how many of those 4 are business cards? Just 1? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:38 pm

Only biz was the SW Biz. None with other companies. P.S. HUCA success, they moved CLs for me to make it work.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:54 pm

Applied for Chase Ink Bold yesterday evening and received a pending decision. I do have a SWRR Biz card with Chase that I opened 10 months ago with very limited spend. This application was under the same business name.

I put 1 year and $1 for annual revenue on the application but was approved without any additional information on the recon call.

There are quite a few recently opened accounts on my report due to the churnability of the Citi Exec card but this was not an issue. I did freeze my EX report before application as Chase normally pulls both TU & EX for me. Turns out TU was enough which is great for me as I have very few TU inquiries.

End of story I was approved and stressed out over the recon call for no reason. Happy Friday!
Old May 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by xdeeman

Mine was basically a start up, although I put 4 years because that's the truth, but relatively little revenue. I have a long standing relationship with Chase though.

I got 30 day notice and just got off of recon and was told that it was approved with no questions asked. I was more worried about inquiries and recent credit lines having gotten the following the last 6 months:

Citi Exec x 3
CSP
Southwest Plus & Premiere
Alaska Personal + Business
Old May 3, 2014, 9:54 pm

Applied to Ink Bold for my wife late Thurs night (Friday AM) and got the pending message. She's got Chase Checking, Freedom, & CSP (all within 6 months). We use these almost exclusively for daily spend... I coached her a bit for a call to recon, but after discussing it for a while, was eventually given a denial, asked many upon many questions and gave legitimate information for an upstart business of hers that is relatively new...

Anyway, I had a question regarding HUCA -- Does anyone know if all the information provided to the first rep will be available to the second rep on another recon attempt? Thanks.

EDIT: Also I do remember her saying the rep noted "I've gone ahead and sent out a letter to you regarding the denial, that you'll receive in 5-7 days..." (or something similar along this line). -- Will this affect the HUCA technique? TIA.

Last edited by y00y; May 3, 2014 at 11:05 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.