Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:03 pm

Data point

Discover 723
Barclay 730

9 inquiries last 2 years on experian last inquiry feb 9th (amex business 50k targeted). Just cancelled chase sw personal (yesterday) and disney personal (3 wks ago).

Current chase cards
Chase SW Business Card opened June 13
Chase United Personal opened May 12

Applied and got they requested more information. Called up with reference code and she said she would put me on hold for 3-5 minutes. Came back and she approved. 10k limit. No business questions asked.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:55 am

No record of my card application

Can anyone tell me what's going on with my Ink Plus application?

I applied for a personal (CSP) and business card (Ink Plus) simultaneously yesterday using chrome incognito. I had two browser tabs open (one open to personal and the other business app). Got instant approval for CSP online and confirmed via phone. No record for Ink Plus app.

For the Ink Plus, I got a "Thank you for your application" page and also called Chase business to confirm BUT unfortunately they don't see or show that I even apply for the Ink Plus card. Called back a day later and they still don't see my application anywhere in their system. Am I missing something here?

Was it the fact that I didn't close my browser window/tab (I had two browser tabs open incognito)? Chase rep told me that 1) If I applied online that they should see it immediately in their system, 2) No credit check was made other than for the personal card, 3) Nothing shows that my app even processed, and 4) That I could just reapply.

I'm hesitant to do this due to risking that a possible processing delay (7-10 maybe???). If their is no record in their system for my business app should I wait another day and hope that it went through or should I just reapply
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by noonflyer
Can anyone tell me what's going on with my Ink Plus application?

I applied for a personal (CSP) and business card (Ink Plus) simultaneously yesterday using chrome incognito. I had two browser tabs open (one open to personal and the other business app). Got instant approval for CSP online and confirmed via phone. No record for Ink Plus app.

For the Ink Plus, I got a "Thank you for your application" page and also called Chase business to confirm BUT unfortunately they don't see or show that I even apply for the Ink Plus card. Called back a day later and they still don't see my application anywhere in their system. Am I missing something here?

Was it the fact that I didn't close my browser window/tab (I had two browser tabs open incognito)? Chase rep told me that 1) If I applied online that they should see it immediately in their system, 2) No credit check was made other than for the personal card, 3) Nothing shows that my app even processed, and 4) That I could just reapply.

I'm hesitant to do this due to risking that a possible processing delay (7-10 maybe???). If their is no record in their system for my business app should I wait another day and hope that it went through or should I just reapply
Always open a new private/incognito window between apps, or you can use a different browser for each app to make sure things don't get messed up. Two tabs from the same browser window is asking for trouble. They would have seen the app immediately after you submitted it, so if they can't find it through your SS# it never went through.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:49 pm

Received a snail mail offer for the Ink Plus (currently have Bold) along with an invitation code today, typical sign up bonus however I was wondering if this pretty much "guarantees" me an approval given the invitation code and pin included.

My AF for the Bold is going to be charged this month, so debating whether to apply before or after calling for a retention offer.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Always open a new private/incognito window between apps, or you can use a different browser for each app to make sure things don't get messed up. Two tabs from the same browser window is asking for trouble. They would have seen the app immediately after you submitted it, so if they can't find it through your SS# it never went through.
Right, Chase rep couldn't find my app even through SS#. They said it ONLY shows up for the personal app. Sound like I need to reapp this Ink Plus. Would this do another credit pull (was hoping to only get one pulled since I applied for both personal (successful) and business (unsuccessful) on same day)?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:34 pm

I have not seen the answer to my question, though I figure it is out there, so SIA for not finding it..

I have the Ink Bold Plus, can I also get the Ink Bold, with the same sole proprietorship (ie my SSN as my tax ID)?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by hereinaustintexas
I have not seen the answer to my question, though I figure it is out there, so SIA for not finding it..

I have the Ink Bold Plus, can I also get the Ink Bold, with the same sole proprietorship (ie my SSN as my tax ID)?

Thanks!
Yes.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by noonflyer
Right, Chase rep couldn't find my app even through SS#. They said it ONLY shows up for the personal app. Sound like I need to reapp this Ink Plus. Would this do another credit pull (was hoping to only get one pulled since I applied for both personal (successful) and business (unsuccessful) on same day)?
Yes, you'll likely end up with another pull. But most times a personal and Biz card will generate two pulls anyways.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:26 pm

Normally how long it takes to post 50K signup points? I did 5K purchase before my 1st bill generated around 10th March and its all paid.. Still waiting for 50K points.. Can see the points that I earned thru purchases...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by xazwa
Normally how long it takes to post 50K signup points? I did 5K purchase before my 1st bill generated around 10th March and its all paid.. Still waiting for 50K points.. Can see the points that I earned thru purchases...
Points will post after your statement closes.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:24 am
jyx

Does Chase treat Visa and MC Ink different products in terms of signup bonus?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by jyx
Does Chase treat Visa and MC Ink different products in terms of signup bonus?
Yes. Also, you can get a MC for one company and another MC for another company and vice versa for the Visa.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Points will post after your statement closes.
my statement closed 20 days back and I was done with 5K spend before my statement. I can see the points earned from purchases but not 50K acct opening bonus.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by xazwa
my statement closed 20 days back and I was done with 5K spend before my statement. I can see the points earned from purchases but not 50K acct opening bonus.
If the purchase that put you over $5k was in close proximity to your statement closing date, the bonus points may post on the following statement. Finish your minimum spending a week ahead of the statement date to be safe.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
If the purchase that put you over $5k was in close proximity to your statement closing date, the bonus points may post on the following statement. Finish your minimum spending a week ahead of the statement date to be safe.
This. It is a known thing with Chase, but best to play it safe and finish your spend 5-7 days before your statement date. Citi is notorious for taking ages to post as well as Chase Biz cards for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.