Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Thanks for the heads up. I was keeping an eye on this. I had read on some blogs the last day to apply was November 16 or 17. But since they took it off their website, I applied today.
A buzzer beater!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:37 pm

So I've applied in branch for 50K Bold yesterday, so the offer is still there, but couldn't see a thing, they had 3M protective anti-spying screen on their monitor. They've said that I’ll receive the decision in mail as opposed to instant approval I've received in same branch for the 70K Plus 2 Months ago. Since they didn't give me a number to call should I suppose I've been denied, should I call recon or wait for a letter. Any suggestion for the best scenario? I had lot of ~$400 Staples transactions on my plus. Even though I’ve got my 70K point’s, I don’t want to risk anything.

The plus was a hassle to open 2 months ago, before online offer, because they couldn't figure on how to create a business profile, etc. With the bold yesterday was much easier, they had to pull my existing profile and apply from there.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:56 am

Is there a way to view online the points awarded for each transaction, like you can with chase consumer cards?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by trouble747
Is there a way to view online the points awarded for each transaction, like you can with chase consumer cards?
not as of yet
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:15 am

If you purchase a cell phone from say ATT or Verizon store do you get 5x on the Ink for that or is it only for cell service bills.

How does Chase tell the difference between equipment purchase and a service bill?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by IWOL
If you purchase a cell phone from say ATT or Verizon store do you get 5x on the Ink for that or is it only for cell service bills.

How does Chase tell the difference between equipment purchase and a service bill?

You won't get 5X on phones bought at wireless phone stores for the most part, but you will most likely get it if you ask the wireless company to Bill if directly to your wireless bill. The reason being, different merchant codes
Chase will give you 5X for any merchant coded by visa as Wireless phone /service- services, but NOT -equipment sales, which unfortunately most terminals in retail stores are programmed to process transactions as
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:56 am

I'm going to be buying Southwest tickets soon, and I'm trying to figure out the best option. The Southwest flight I need to get will be around $400.

Option 1) I have a minimum spend to meet on my Southwest card. Also, I get 2x SW tickets ~ 800 miles.

Option 2) I also have a minimum spend to meet on my Ink Plus card. I could go to Staples and buy a few SW gift cards. I think the biggest denomination of physical SW cards I get can get are $100. So, I'll need at least 4 cards. So, if I go this route, I'll get 5x * $400 gift cards = 2000 miles.

Question 1: Can I input 4 GCs when I'm checking out for a SW flight?
Question 2: Let's say the tickets are actually $388 the day I purchase. How can I easily liquidate the remaining $12 on the gift cards?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by nsc168
I'm going to be buying Southwest tickets soon, and I'm trying to figure out the best option. The Southwest flight I need to get will be around $400.

Option 1) I have a minimum spend to meet on my Southwest card. Also, I get 2x SW tickets ~ 800 miles.

Option 2) I also have a minimum spend to meet on my Ink Plus card. I could go to Staples and buy a few SW gift cards. I think the biggest denomination of physical SW cards I get can get are $100. So, I'll need at least 4 cards. So, if I go this route, I'll get 5x * $400 gift cards = 2000 miles.

Question 1: Can I input 4 GCs when I'm checking out for a SW flight?
Question 2: Let's say the tickets are actually $388 the day I purchase. How can I easily liquidate the remaining $12 on the gift cards?
I think option 2 is the best, because points are more flexible.

Question 1) Yes you can

Question 2) Unfortunately, I don't think there is a good way to liquidate it, I'd just hold onto it until you buy another ticket or know someone who is. Think about that 12 dollars as 1200 UR points
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:56 pm

Thanks!

Question:
Originally Posted by zodiacs
Think about that 12 dollars as 1200 UR points
How do you get this valuation? I get that if you redeem UR points for a gift card, it's 10x points. Is that where this valuation comes from? If only I can make 1200 UR points on $12!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:48 pm

That's the value of the UR points if redeemed for statement credit or cash back. You wouldn't make 1200 points from spending $12. You'd get $12 for 1,200 UR points.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a targeted 70K offer, with a "respond by 10/13/2014" note at the bottom.
Called in today and was told by agent, that offer is still good. So, I applied right there over the phone and was told approval/decision will take 10 days.

Hope, it holds - approval and 70K points!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:57 am

Haven't seen anyone talking about the "Ink Cash" card yet. Is it new?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by trouble747
Haven't seen anyone talking about the "Ink Cash" card yet. Is it new?

The Ink Cash has been around for years. It just doesn't give UR points, so it is not spoken about often on this board.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
You won't get 5X on phones bought at wireless phone stores for the most part, but you will most likely get it if you ask the wireless company to Bill if directly to your wireless bill. The reason being, different merchant codes
Chase will give you 5X for any merchant coded by visa as Wireless phone /service- services, but NOT -equipment sales, which unfortunately most terminals in retail stores are programmed to process transactions as
Unless..... Your cell company offers 0% financing on phones. We just purchased 3 new iPhone 6s from T-Mobile. They offered 0% 24 month financing. The monthly phone payments are part of your monthly bill. In this case, I think there is a good chance of getting 5X.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
The Ink Cash has been around for years. It just doesn't give UR points, so it is not spoken about often on this board.
I thought it earned URs with the same restrictions as the Freedom and regular Sapphire, can't be transferred to partners but can be transferred to a premium UR card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.