Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
No need for that now -- I just got off the phone. They said I'm approved but they wanted to keep my credit limit the same, so we moved some limit over from my United card.

I'm in! Yes, with the 100k bonus offer at $20k spend, and even though I closed my Chase BA card from a previous bonus offer a mere six months ago (or so).

Yay!
Congrats! Appears you are the first previous BA cardholder reporting confirmation you will get the bonus points from this latest offer. It would be good to know if you are awarded the first 50K after hitting the $1K spend.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by zink88
Congrats! Appears you are the first previous BA cardholder reporting confirmation you will get the bonus points from this latest offer. It would be good to know if you are awarded the first 50K after hitting the $1K spend.
The rep said I was on a recorded line, so if there's any trouble on that, I'll be sure to remind Chase of how I was assured that if I spend the $20K, I will get the 100k in Avios points. If I forget to update this thread months from now on whether I actually receive them, anyone here should please feel free to send me a PR.

Viva FlyerTalk! And, as is not said enough in this forum, thank you to those who selflessly help others rack up the crazy quantities of miles/points.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:30 am

I just got/activated my chase sapphire card on dec 4th. how long should i wait until I can do a real app-o-rama and get the Chase BA card? Also how many chase cards can I apply for on one day?

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
link seems to be dead, affilate links on blogs seem to still be active
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
link seems to be dead, affilate links on blogs seem to still be active
Working fine for me.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:52 am

Does anyone know if I need to spend $30K within 1 year of getting the card or within a full calender year (so either in 2012 or in 2013) to get the companion certificate?
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Big Mac
Does anyone know if I need to spend $30K within 1 year of getting the card or within a full calender year (so either in 2012 or in 2013) to get the companion certificate?
Thanks!
Calendar year so unless you've got some big purchases planned for the next ten days, hold off until January 1.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Calendar year so unless you've got some big purchases planned for the next ten days, hold off until January 1.
Even if you did, it would be pretty difficult to max the account and pay it off enough times this year to hit $30k! Plus I think the companion cert would be valid longer if earned next year as well.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Correct. Here is T&C:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Even if you did, it would be pretty difficult to max the account and pay it off enough times this year to hit $30k! Plus I think the companion cert would be valid longer if earned next year as well.
Absolutely. I wouldn't figure most people would want to do the $30K in ten days, but after all, it's FT. . .
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

The companion cert is valid 2 years from the issue date, no matter what day it is issued. It does take 4-6 weeks to receive it after it is issued, though, so you have a bit under 2 years to book and travel.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
The companion cert is valid 2 years from the issue date, no matter what day it is issued. It does take 4-6 weeks to receive it after it is issued, though, so you have a bit under 2 years to book and travel.
Well, it would be valid further into the future if earned later at least .
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Well, it would be valid further into the future if earned later at least .
If you don't have any immediate use for the companion pass, it's best to cross $30K sometime in December. I won't say the last day, but maybe right around now. If you cross $30K today, you can use the companion pass sometime up to Dec. 2014.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So in regards to the companion certificate, can one use it on a RTW trip and if so, can you do mutli stops with it?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So in regards to the companion certificate, can one use it on a RTW trip and if so, can you do mutli stops with it?
It must be on BA metal, so I don't know how you would do an RTW since everything goes through London. The outbound has to originate in the US and the return has to go back to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.