Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:37 pm

I wonder if other credit cards will try to match? I could see the BoA Virgin Atlantic, at the very least, coming back with it's faux-65k (actually 45-50k) offer again. I could really use that for my current flights strategy.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:20 pm

I think I'll try for this one again. I did the 100K back in 2010 and cancelled in 2011. It's been over a year so this could work.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iexaltu
I think I'll try for this one again. I did the 100K back in 2010 and cancelled in 2011. It's been over a year so this could work.
please let us know both the wife and i are in the same boat
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Their promos are becoming tougher. Thankfully I got in during the first time.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Going to try again too. Got my card in Dec. 2009 and cancelled in 2010.

Love those short-haul Avios redemptions on AA out of Chicago!!!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by timmy83
Wow... wish I hadn't just grabbed the UA 65K and WN 50K offers.... hope this one lasts for a while
The landing page states this offer is good until Feb 27th, 2013... This card is part of my next app-o-rama.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
Avios are a good deal, and not just for short AA flights out of Chicago (although I mean to do just that next summer on our annual MLB tour). Just spent my Avios gained from last summer's 100k offer. Two Bus Class tix Amsterdam to London(5-day stopover) then nonstop to San Francisco all for 118k Avios + $1100 (yes, an astonishing one thousand one hundred US dollars). Minimum cash price was around $14k, though, so I didn't really mind it. Even not knowing the cash price, a business class flight for $550 and some miles I got free is a good deal to me. The only other minimally attractive mileage deal was that KLM offered Bus Class with two stops (no stopovers) for 100k Delta miles each, so the Avios was really the best deal out there. This will complete an around the world trip First and Bus class, all free, with miles garnered over just a year or so without any explicit churning. SFO-Bangkok-Barcelona/Amsterdam-SFO.

Anyway, glad to hear the 100k deal is back. I'm going to see if the wife can qualify on her own. The spend requirement isn't bad for us, since I can put a lot of business expenses on it. Another consideration that I've never seen mentioned is that it takes comparatively little of my time to pull this off. Get one card online, use it for a few months, get the bonus, put it on ice until 11 months have passed, go on to the next. Probably higher cost in dollars for the points, but a relatively low cost in hours of my time.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:22 am

Approved for the Marriott Chase 35~ days ago. Just applied, got the "further info" message.

First time ever applying for this card, fingers crossed...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I wonder what are my chances of getting third BA card and miles
Old Nov 30, 2012, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
please let us know both the wife and i are in the same boat
will do. still not sure if we should pull the trigger immediately. We just got the spg and ink bold this year so I may wait until the tail end of the promo
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
I wonder if other credit cards will try to match? I could see the BoA Virgin Atlantic, at the very least, coming back with it's faux-65k (actually 45-50k) offer again. I could really use that for my current flights strategy.
What is a good strategy to use Virgin Atlantic miles? Most VS redemptions I know carry hefty fuel surcharges and fees. TIA

Last edited by TorontoSingh; Nov 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

I cancelled this same card only about six months ago, so I'm not expecting success. Still, for five minutes of my time, I gave it a shot.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by skimple
It looks like Chase has reopened the Avios promo for 100,000 bonus points for a Business Visa.

Link

[1] 50K after first $1K spend
[2] 25K after $10K spend in 12 months
[3] 25K after $20K spend in 12 months
(my edits in brackets)

BTW, as some here have probably observed [1] is a fantastic deal, but [2] and [3] are good but not great. It might make a lot of sense, depending on your goals, to get this card, spend the grand, pocket the 50k miles and leave it at that.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dhuey
(my edits in brackets)

BTW, as some here have probably observed [1] is a fantastic deal, but [2] and [3] are good but not great. It might make a lot of sense, depending on your goals, to get this card, spend the grand, pocket the 50k miles and leave it at that.
And, on the other end of the spectrum, if you think you might use BA for a business or first-class flight to Europe or beyond, it may be worthwhile to consider going from 20K to 30K for the 2-4-1. That gets you 137.5K Avios, which will cover most business class redemptions to Europe, even from the West Coast. Keep in mind that the spending for the 2-4-1 must be done in a calendar year so making your application as close to January 1, 2013 is the optimal strategy if you go down that path.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:52 pm

Here is my newbie question, which is actually a question that I failed to find answer to after searching extensively over the web, but I am sure it is a very easy question for you guys here. Since a huge value of the avois points is their redeemability with the partner airlines, then usually how much does it cost to redeem the avois points on a partner airlines flight, is that a flat fee or vary depending on the specific circumstance?

And also where can I find the avois points redemption chart with a partner airlines?

Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.