FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

bkuhn2009 Oct 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Offer Unavailable?

I just applied for the Ink Plus and after completing the application and hitting submit, I received a page which said "Offer Unavailable". It then directed me back to the chase site. I actually tried this 3 separate times (twice from referral links and then finally directly from the Chase website). Same result.

I called the reconsideration line and they were stumped, so they transferred me over to the business card department and they told me that the Ink product was no longer available. Can this be???

I questioned that but she assured me that the Ink product was not currently available. She was also surprised that I was allowed to fill out an app before received the "unavailable" page.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I have to think if Chase just dropped the Ink card there would be quite the buzz about it, but I'm a bit stumped.

bk

PETERPNYC Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ibictts (Post 19570547)
Just applied for the Ink Plus and got the pending page. I called the business reconsideration line an hour later and the rep asked me some questions about my business and said that I have a satisfactory history with Chase. Then she asked if I am willing to move $2500 credit line from my Freedom card. I said yes and she went ahead to process. Then she told me I will receive the decision in a couple of days. I was surprised since I thought I would have been approved so I asked whether I was approved. She said I am 'recommended for approval' but not approved yet. It is another departments's decision and I should wait.

I am really confused with this, it is normal for Chase to do this? What is my chance of being approved?

Very high IMHO . I was told the sae thing once by chase that I was recommended by someone and sent down the line for final approval and I
got it

SanDiego1K Oct 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ibictts (Post 19570547)
I am really confused with this, it is normal for Chase to do this? What is my chance of being approved?

Similar happened to me in the last two weeks, although I understood the analyst to say I was approved, not recommended for approval. The card hasn't arrived so I called to check. Indeed, I had been recommended for approval and there were still more questions to answer. We are about as solid financially as anyone could be, as are the businesses that we own. I was really perplexed as to why this happened. We allegedly now have final approval.

philemer Oct 26, 2012 4:04 pm

I just spoke with a blogger & he has heard nothing from Chase. He thinks you ran into some tech. difficulties on the site. Try again using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc). The bloggers are always informed before the general public when a product on their site is going to be discontinued.

Originally Posted by bkuhn2009 (Post 19570745)
I just applied for the Ink Plus and after completing the application and hitting submit, I received a page which said "Offer Unavailable". It then directed me back to the chase site. I actually tried this 3 separate times (twice from referral links and then finally directly from the Chase website). Same result.

I called the reconsideration line and they were stumped, so they transferred me over to the business card department and they told me that the Ink product was no longer available. Can this be???

I questioned that but she assured me that the Ink product was not currently available. She was also surprised that I was allowed to fill out an app before received the "unavailable" page.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I have to think if Chase just dropped the Ink card there would be quite the buzz about it, but I'm a bit stumped.

bk

scwam Oct 27, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by elBulli (Post 19531307)
I got a pull on experian and equifax when I applied a few weeks ago.

So did I this week. I called back a credit analyst and they can not see they pulled on Exp.

stalker Oct 29, 2012 12:46 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 19572131)
I just spoke with a blogger & he has heard nothing from Chase. He thinks you ran into some tech. difficulties on the site. Try again using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc). The bloggers are always informed before the general public when a product on their site is going to be discontinued.

Just got offer unavailable. I used a link from Chase's credit card site.

frank_10b Oct 29, 2012 2:51 am

Is there a thread about the Ink plus lower spending limit that was avail a week or so ago? I applied and would like to see if they are honoring that lower limit.
thanks!

cfuss Oct 30, 2012 4:00 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 19571536)
Similar happened to me in the last two weeks, although I understood the analyst to say I was approved, not recommended for approval. The card hasn't arrived so I called to check. Indeed, I had been recommended for approval and there were still more questions to answer. We are about as solid financially as anyone could be, as are the businesses that we own. I was really perplexed as to why this happened. We allegedly now have final approval.

Im so pissed at chase... I ordered the card, went through a 30 min interview process and was approved. Had not received the card and after 2 calls they still don't show approval.. Now i need to wait for thursday to speak to the business department. Now i will miss a 5k spending opportunity because of this mess.

PETERPNYC Oct 30, 2012 5:04 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b (Post 19584360)
Is there a thread about the Ink plus lower spending limit that was avail a week or so ago? I applied and would like to see if they are honoring that lower limit.
thanks!

Don't waste your time. They will not match even with a screenshot. I fought with
them and as a 45 year MULTI corporation Biz account the only concession I got
was another 45 days to complete the spend .

dcpilgrim Oct 30, 2012 3:59 pm

And now there is this:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...is-on-its-way/

homegirlchris Oct 30, 2012 8:26 pm

so I just signed up for the Ink Bold...got the "pending" message and haven't heard anything (a week now...)...if the Ink Plus really goes down to the 5k spend, I'll be very sad...should I not activate the Bold when approved and reapply for the Plus in Nov ?? (assuming the spend drops...which I know is quite an assumption...)

kilton Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 19590939)
Don't waste your time. They will not match even with a screenshot. I fought with
them and as a 45 year MULTI corporation Biz account the only concession I got
was another 45 days to complete the spend .

Finally got them to grant me the $5k offer, after four secure messages.

Keep trying.

timeo1 Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Ink Bold - usage questions

I am thinking about getting this card for my wife who has a small business. she would use it for our cable bill and maybe $1,000 per month of other spend. In addition, I have the ability to put my work cell phone bill on this card as well and that would be about $1,500 per month, just in cell phones.

Obviously, this would be great for me but I am concerned this type of spend pattern would raise a red flag to Chase, what does everyone think?

I would probably put one Vanilla reload on the card per month as well.

Dad to GO Oct 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by timeo1 (Post 19601174)
I am thinking about getting this card for my wife who has a small business. she would use it for our cable bill and maybe $1,000 per month of other spend. In addition, I have the ability to put my work cell phone bill on this card as well and that would be about $1,500 per month, just in cell phones.

Obviously, this would be great for me but I am concerned this type of spend pattern would raise a red flag to Chase, what does everyone think?

I would probably put one Vanilla reload on the card per month as well.

Why are you worried that you would raise a red flag? I have put ALL of my utilities and also my cell phone bill that I share with multiple people. The only way you would raise a red flag is if it was some amount that was not ordinary OR if you started buying a lot of Vanilla Reloads. You should be fine though.

Just follow the rule that less is more and don't attract attention to yourself.

johndoe123 Oct 31, 2012 8:41 pm

I was approved 15 days ago... still no card. It's "missing".

However I heard rumors some of their underwriting/issuance may be impacted by Sandy in one of these threads, so I'll give it a few more days before calling.