FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

Preacher7 Aug 4, 2012 10:03 pm

The 50K max for 5X is on the calendar year. It's Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.

broadwayblue Aug 6, 2012 9:18 am

Anyone know what agency pulls the report?

nep301 Aug 6, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19068614)
Anyone know what agency pulls the report?

Chase pulled Transunion when I applied for the Ink Bold a few months ago.

johndoe123 Aug 6, 2012 3:07 pm

Check creditboards for your state. _most_ of the US is Experian.

cornellfOo Aug 6, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123 (Post 19070952)
Check creditboards for your state. _most_ of the US is Experian.

Was Experian for me too - I'm in CA, USA

DC777Fan Aug 6, 2012 3:34 pm

Chase Ink Plus is now available

Chase pulls EQ for my personals and EX for business in VA

broadwayblue Aug 6, 2012 4:27 pm

OK. last question...does the time of day have any effect on whether you get instant approval or the dreaded "status pending" result? I didn't have my EIN number with me at work and now it's after hours. Don't know whether it's all automated and therefore irrelevant, or if certain systems only operate from 9-5.

Father-of-3 Aug 6, 2012 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19071441)
OK. last question...does the time of day have any effect on whether you get instant approval or the dreaded "status pending" result? I didn't have my EIN number with me at work and now it's after hours. Don't know whether it's all automated and therefore irrelevant, or if certain systems only operate from 9-5.

I just applied and got the dreaded 'status pending' I doubt they have human intervention real time but you never know.

broadwayblue Aug 6, 2012 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta (Post 19071492)
I just applied and got the dreaded 'status pending' I doubt they have human intervention real time but you never know.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Was your sales/revenue figure substantial or more in line with a small/home business?

Father-of-3 Aug 6, 2012 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19071507)

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta (Post 19071492)

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Was your sales/revenue figure substantial or more in line with a small/home business?

Small business. It had the match my other Chase application just a few months ago.

broadwayblue Aug 6, 2012 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta (Post 19071981)
Small business. It had the match my other Chase application just a few months ago.

I also got the further review reply. Sounds like I should call the reconsideration line tomorrow to see if I can push it through.

UPDATE: Just called the reconsideration line and after being put on hold for 2 minutes they told me i had been approved. Thanks all.

PETERPNYC Aug 7, 2012 4:12 pm

A little confused here . I have the old Ink Classic now turned exclusives , plus the 5-2-1 no FX FEE biz card

If I apply for the INK Plus Biz and the newer version of Ink Bold can I get them with the 25 K bonus each.

Willing to give up original Ink Bold that I have since Oct 2011. I also have 5 Chase personal cards.

GoGreen Aug 7, 2012 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by CyblocGirl (Post 19054854)
I guess I should have read the forums more closely, but I just want to give people a warning, I was under the impression from reading a few posts on this forum that we could list a “sole proprietorship” and do some “consulting” for approval of the card.
I applied for two other Chase cards recently, so I had to call the reconsideration line for this one. They transferred me to a business office reconsideration line, where they asked me questions about the business.

They brought up that the business name was just my full name, and asked the current and projected revenue for the current year and next year, how advertising was done, advertising costs, what the nature of the business was (more specific than consulting) what my projected costs are and other aspects of the business plan. Whew! I stumbled through that conversation making sure she knew I was guessing and roughly estimating possible projections.
At the end of the call, the card was approved, but she let me know that they would be “watching” the credit line to see if it was “used appropriately for the business.” [I actually do a tiny bit of business, but nothing on the scale of having a business plan, etc.]

Good to know -- thanks for sharing your experience Cyblocgirl! I will know to be prepared when I apply.

Time traveller Aug 8, 2012 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 19061365)
The 50K max for 5X is on the calendar year. It's Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.

It's good to know that it is for the calendar year. Is this info on their T&C somewhere?

Preacher7 Aug 8, 2012 12:09 pm

Dunno, but I asked the CSR that very question, a couple times, and she clarifed each time that it was calendar year.