FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

ZontarTheThingFromVenus Jul 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Chase Ink Plus is now available

The Chase Ink Plus is now available at the Chase business credit card site. The Ink Plus looks like the credit card version of the Ink Bold (charge card). So as of today there are 4 non-affiliated Chase business cards - Cash, Classic, Bold, and Plus.

https://www.chase.com/online/busines...tm?a=undefined

dcpilgrim Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

So, Ink Bold with 0% for six months, same bonus, same spend. Not bad. The zero percent makes meeting the spend a little easier in the event you are reaching a little.

emptiness Jul 26, 2012 3:29 pm

can i get this with 50k bonus if i already have the INK BOLD?

Preacher7 Jul 26, 2012 4:13 pm

So when a person's annual fee comes up for the IB, apply for the Plus. If you get instant approval, cancel the IB. If not, phone recon and say you want to switch your credit line from the IB to the Plus and cancel the IB then with the CSR. Rinse, repeat every 12 months. New bonus each year, no annual fee each year, same benefits perpetually. Any flaws with this strategy that you can see?

CMHFlyerOH Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm

None that I can see, except unless Chase finally gets wise to the nonprofit able cardmember actions that we do and shut us down for good. :)

biggestbopper Jul 26, 2012 7:02 pm

I got a US Mail offer a few weeks ago for the INK Plus with 50K bonus, no minimum spend (bonus with first purchase) and annual fee waived for first year.

It was for a business I have which already had the INK Bold.

Applied and am waiting for a response after "further processing."

PS Called the reconsideration line at Chase and app was granted.

lkar Jul 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Link says 10k spend to get the second 25k points. That's high.

Anyone with lots of office spend but limited by the $50k limit on office spend suddenly have another 250k they can earn.

bitachu Jul 27, 2012 1:39 am

this should be blowing up in the blogs tomorrow...pretty good offer...if only I could get the 50k no min..

amolkold Jul 27, 2012 3:06 am

With the 0% for 6 months, it's really $10K spend in 6 months (since there are many ways to "spend forward," especially with the Ink cards).

Hopefully some targeted/lower spend offers surface soon :)

IamHungry Jul 27, 2012 9:08 am

Is Ink Plus benefit better than Ink Bold? I you also get lounge passes with Ink Plus. I think I should switch!

dajoip Jul 27, 2012 11:20 am

Originally Posted by IamHungry (Post 19012233)
Is Ink Plus benefit better than Ink Bold? I you also get lounge passes with Ink Plus. I think I should switch!

You get that exact same benefit with the Ink Bold - the only difference is that it's a credit card (Ink Plus) instead of a charge card (Ink Bold).

ingy Jul 27, 2012 11:37 am

New INK PLus Card now available

The public links came out yesterday and the referral links will be on all the blogs next week.

The offer is virtually the same as the INK Bold card but this one is a credit card NOT a charge card as is the INK Bold.

50K with $10K spend
First year fee waived.
5 UR points per dollar on Office supplies, Internet, cable and phone etc.

Based on past experience I believe holders of the Bold will be able to apply for the Plus and get another sign up bonus. We'll know for sure next week.

lakeshoredrive Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am

Probably not a bad idea to wait to apply for this to see if other offers with less spend become available in the coming days/weeks...I think I saw mention of an offer that only required $5k spend in 3 months but no link is readily available for that one that I've seen yet...

lbotez Jul 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive (Post 19013229)
Probably not a bad idea to wait to apply for this to see if other offers with less spend become available in the coming days/weeks...I think I saw mention of an offer that only required $5k spend in 3 months but no link is readily available for that one that I've seen yet...

I think I read they increased it from $5K to $10K awhile ago.

But $10K is a lot for most people, so sure would like to see something like $5K for this new card.

Million Mile Secrets Jul 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I was told that you should be able to get the bonus on this card as well as the Ink Bold since they are separate products.

There are targeted offers for no spending or $5K spending (instead of $10K), so it doesn't hurt to wait.

DHAST Jul 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets (Post 19013695)
I was told that you should be able to get the bonus on this card as well as the Ink Bold since they are separate products.

There are targeted offers for no spending or $5K spending (instead of $10K), so it doesn't hurt to wait.

After I got the original bold, I was mailed an offer for a preapproved classic. It was only 25k points but with no spend. It wasn't earth shattering, and it's a Chase inquiry, but preapproved 25k points for no spend is hard to pass up. Not when I'm not planning to get another Chase card for several months.

Sad thing is, if I wanted to, I could do $10k in three months. Even sadder, I might actually want to. I love me some UR points.

x712xdamx Jul 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Public link for those wanting now:
https://www.chase.com/online/busines...tm?a=undefined

I'm going to wait until my Ink Bold gets a little closer to the annual fee so I can keep Ultimate Rewards points for free, foreverrrrrr :)

Preacher7 Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey DHAST, no worries. When your annual fee comes up for the Bold, apply for the Plus. It they don't approve you, tell them you want to cancel your Bold and move the credit line over to the Plus. Having the Classic doesn't mean you can't get the Plus too. You can have 2 Chase Biz cards at the same time. Even if you may not be able to have 3, cancel the Bold and you're all good. 50K bonus points for the new Plus! Just tell them your Biz works better with a credit than a charge card if they ask for a reason.

biggestbopper Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

You can have at least three INKs since I just got my third, an INK Plus, using a U.S. Mail offer I got a few weeks ago for no minimum spend, fee waived for first year, 50K bonus.

Was initially turned down due to too many Chase apps in past half year (probably five or so, with all granted eventually). A chat with nice person at biz reconsideration line resolved things (1-800-453-9719).

Thank you, Chase. You are being very good to me! :D

I Love to Travel Jul 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 19014376)
Hey DHAST, no worries. When your annual fee comes up for the Bold, apply for the Plus. It they don't approve you, tell them you want to cancel your Bold and move the credit line over to the Plus. Having the Classic doesn't mean you can't get the Plus too. You can have 2 Chase Biz cards at the same time. Even if you may not be able to have 3, cancel the Bold and you're all good. 50K bonus points for the new Plus! Just tell them your Biz works better with a credit than a charge card if they ask for a reason.

I opened my second Ink Bold in April, just before they pulled the 50K $5K spend promo - first one I opended under the old program in 2011 (so I have two Bold accts). I wanted to move some of the credit over from the first Ink Bold acct to open the second, but they wouldn't let me. They explained that since it's a charge card, it has a "soft" limit and the credit from this account cannot be used to open another account. I had to move credit from my personal UAL acct to open the new Ink Bold acct.

I had applied for the Club card at the same time and was told the same thing by a different rep at the recon. line. They would not allow me to move credit from my Ink Bold acct to open the new one, even if I closed the original Ink acct.

My point is, while there hasn't been an issue moving credit from Chase credit card accounts around to open new Chase accounts, I've had an issue trying to move Ink Bold credit to open new Chase accounts.

Anyone else have this issue?

onefasteuro Jul 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I may have to apply for this one in a few months. The Bold is a great card and the spend over 6m is not too bad.

emptiness Jul 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19014443)
You can have at least three INKs since I just got my third, an INK Plus, using a U.S. Mail offer I got a few weeks ago for no minimum spend, fee waived for first year, 50K bonus.

Was initially turned down due to too many Chase apps in past half year (probably five or so, with all granted eventually). A chat with nice person at biz reconsideration line resolved things (1-800-453-9719).

Thank you, Chase. You are being very good to me! :D

which 3 ink cards and application dates on the 3 ink card please?
all instant approval or had to call reconsideration

thank you

philemer Jul 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19009316)
I got a US Mail offer a few weeks ago for the INK Plus with 50K bonus, no minimum spend (bonus with first purchase) and annual fee waived for first year.

I got that offer for my current INK BOLD a few months back. Sweeeet. I'll wait for another "no spend" snail mail offer from Chase for this new one. :)

biggestbopper Jul 28, 2012 3:41 am

To answer the query above from emptyness-

I got basically the same offer (no spend, fee waived, 50K bonus) via the US Mail for both an Ink Bold (applied in late May '12) and Plus (applied a couple of days ago, that is, in late July 2012, a little less than two months between the two apps). Both these apps were addressed to a business name used a couple of years ago for an AA biz card app, so, since the name variant used in that app was slightly different than used anywhere else, I assume Chase somehow used Citi's list.

Previously, I applied for an Ink World in Nov. 2011 and in Mid-March 2012. IIRC these two apps were made back when the 50K offer was open to all with fee waived but with a minimum spend of $5K to get the 50K bonus Ult Reward Pts.

Again, IIRC, I had to call the reconsideration line for all four of the apps to get them approved (I have other, non biz Chase cards, UAL etc.)

Called Chase on the latest app almost right after app was made and rep wanted to know why so many apps over six month period. Ans.: 'cause Chase keeps sending me great offers! And, because the Plus is a credit card, not just a charge card, has option to not pay in full for a month if there are cash flow issues. Approved during the call for $20K credit limit.

Come on Citi, use those old mailing lists to make some offers that come close to Chase's!

PS Guess this means I have four Inks right now.

emptiness Jul 28, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19016650)
To answer the query above from emptyness-

I got basically the same offer (no spend, fee waived, 50K bonus) via the US Mail for both an Ink Bold (applied in late May '12) and Plus (applied a couple of days ago, that is, in late July 2012, a little less than two months between the two apps). Both these apps were addressed to a business name used a couple of years ago for an AA biz card app, so, since the name variant used in that app was slightly different than used anywhere else, I assume Chase somehow used Citi's list.

Previously, I applied for an Ink World in Nov. 2011 and in Mid-March 2012. IIRC these two apps were made back when the 50K offer was open to all with fee waived but with a minimum spend of $5K to get the 50K bonus Ult Reward Pts.

Again, IIRC, I had to call the reconsideration line for all four of the apps to get them approved (I have other, non biz Chase cards, UAL etc.)

Called Chase on the latest app almost right after app was made and rep wanted to know why so many apps over six month period. Ans.: 'cause Chase keeps sending me great offers! And, because the Plus is a credit card, not just a charge card, has option to not pay in full for a month if there are cash flow issues. Approved during the call for $20K credit limit.

Come on Citi, use those old mailing lists to make some offers that come close to Chase's!

PS Guess this means I have four Inks right now.

if I apply for ink Plus and don't get approved, I should tell the rep that I wanted credit card version of the ink card? I have the ink bold since April 2012. Thanks

echip Jul 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 19008427)
So when a person's annual fee comes up for the IB, apply for the Plus. If you get instant approval, cancel the IB. If not, phone recon and say you want to switch your credit line from the IB to the Plus and cancel the IB then with the CSR. Rinse, repeat every 12 months. New bonus each year, no annual fee each year, same benefits perpetually. Any flaws with this strategy that you can see?

For those that had already took advantage of too many Chase cc bonuses. I would say stay low. Someone reported that he called Chase for reconsideration to close and open two of his cards, and result in accounts closure:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...solidated.html

mrx900 Jul 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19009316)

I got the same one ...and got it after i called it in...great deal as no min. spend required.....after 1st purchase....got my 50,000 UR pts already. 'CHASE'n da miles! One card at at time! :D

biggestbopper Jul 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness (Post 19017888)
if I apply for ink Plus and don't get approved, I should tell the rep that I wanted credit card version of the ink card? I have the ink bold since April 2012. Thanks

Not in my humble opinion. I would apply for Bold and push for acceptance when you call the reconsideration line. The folks there appear oriented towards approval if you can provide reasonable answers to their questions which are likely to include how long has your biz been around, how much are gross revenues in each of last three or so years? How much do you anticipate revenues to be in this year and what do you think profits will be?

Remember, they have your online app in front of them so you might want to review it before calling.

Chase appears to be eager to hand out biz cards (not to mention personal cards).

Apply for Bold, then wait at least 30 days and apply for Plus. Everyone needs an INK charge and a credit card! @:-)

Besides, if you wait a bit you might get a no minimum spend 50K bonus in the mail. ^

emptiness Jul 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19020419)
Not in my humble opinion. I would apply for Bold and push for acceptance when you call the reconsideration line. The folks there appear oriented towards approval if you can provide reasonable answers to their questions which are likely to include how long has your biz been around, how much are gross revenues in each of last three or so years? How much do you anticipate revenues to be in this year and what do you think profits will be?

Remember, they have your online app in front of them so you might want to review it before calling.

Chase appears to be eager to hand out biz cards (not to mention personal cards).

Apply for Bold, then wait at least 30 days and apply for Plus. Everyone needs an INK charge and a credit card! @:-)

Besides, if you wait a bit you might get a no minimum spend 50K bonus in the mail. ^

The only offer i received recently , (2 days ago) was for chase united mileage explorer card for up to 65k miles, the thing is that I already have that card and got the bonus in april.

bdben Jul 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Which card to apply for first?

Is there a rationale for a certain order of applying for the Ink Plus or Ink Bold, assuming I would like to ultimately get 2 or more cards? I have no business cards as of yet, and have 3 Chase personal cards (UA 65K, Marriott 70K, BA 100K). Had to allocate 1,000 of credit line from MR to BA to get last approval (BA required minimum of 5,000). Any recommendations for a certain application order to get 3 Chase Biz cards?

Frequent Miler Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19023857)
Is there a rationale for a certain order of applying for the Ink Plus or Ink Bold, assuming I would like to ultimately get 2 or more cards? I have no business cards as of yet, and have 3 Chase personal cards (UA 65K, Marriott 70K, BA 100K). Had to allocate 1,000 of credit line from MR to BA to get last approval (BA required minimum of 5,000). Any recommendations for a certain application order to get 3 Chase Biz cards?

I would start with the Ink Bold only because I think that a better targeted offer is more likely with the Ink Plus since it is a sort of new product that they will be pushing

bdben Jul 30, 2012 8:34 am

Question re: FEIN vs SSN

Thanks for the previous reply, Frequent Miler. Next question: having never applied for a biz card, do you know if it is possible to apply for a card with Chase using FEIN and without providing SSN? I have read about others doing this with the Citi AA Biz cards (getting more than 1 by using SSN for 1 and FEIN for another.)

emptiness Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19026746)
Thanks for the previous reply, Frequent Miler. Next question: having never applied for a biz card, do you know if it is possible to apply for a card with Chase using FEIN and without providing SSN? I have read about others doing this with the Citi AA Biz cards (getting more than 1 by using SSN for 1 and FEIN for another.)

i won't go crazy with too many apps. Chase is harsh and may shut you down for life.

I'd be very careful with chase cards!

Frequent Miler Jul 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19026746)

I'm pretty sure each cardholder needs to provide an SSN, but I'm not sure

stealph Jul 31, 2012 7:26 pm

So any reports back (or direct confirmation from Chase) yet from someone who already has the Ink Bold and was approved for the Ink Plus? Hoping to include this on my next churn.

ZontarTheThingFromVenus Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by stealph (Post 19037069)
So any reports back (or direct confirmation from Chase) yet from someone who already has the Ink Bold and was approved for the Ink Plus? Hoping to include this on my next churn.

I have the Bold and was just able to get approved for the Classic - but I had to give up some of my personal credit line to get it. I am guessing that the same will apply to the Plus which is really an elite version of the Classic - they will not give you any "credit" for the Bold since it is a charge (not a credit) card.

Preacher7 Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

I have an IB and got approved for the Cash earlier this month. Didn't have to give up any credit limit on my personal cards. No immediate approval, but called recon the next day and they didn't ask any questions at all why I needed a second Ink card for the same Biz. As such, I don't expect it should be much of a problem getting the Plus while having the IB.

In September, my wife will be applying for the Plus, for the same Biz that already has the Bold and Cash. I don't expect a problem there either, but she is prepared to close out her UA Explorer if needed.

biggestbopper Aug 1, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by emptiness (Post 19027164)
i won't go crazy with too many apps. Chase is harsh and may shut you down for life.

I'd be very careful with chase cards!

Not my recent experience. Until a year or so ago I just couldn't get a Chase card.

Then, with an accepted BA app (for the 100K bonus, before BA zapped its miles by changing the program) the floodgates opened.

Right now I have four different Chase biz cards, all fairly recent and a couple of personal cards. Just got approved for the new INK Plus although I already had an INK Bold in the same biz name (both of these came from U.S. Mail offers, 50K bonus with first transaction ^--pays to read before shredding :D).

So, IMHO Chase is really generous these days. Kinda like Citi in the old days when you could really churn the AA cards.

Nottafatslob Aug 1, 2012 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19040260)
Not my recent experience. Until a year or so ago I just couldn't get a Chase card.

Then, with an accepted BA app (for the 100K bonus, before BA zapped its miles by changing the program) the floodgates opened.

Right now I have four different Chase biz cards, all fairly recent and a couple of personal cards. Just got approved for the new INK Plus although I already had an INK Bold in the same biz name (both of these came from U.S. Mail offers, 50K bonus with first transaction ^--pays to read before shredding :D).

So, IMHO Chase is really generous these days. Kinda like Citi in the old days when you could really churn the AA cards.

That is what they want you to think. All your activity in 1 year says to me you are under the microscope and they will be evaluting your spending by all kinds of Sorcerors Computer Programs so what out.

I former employee of mine and good friend blew up his Chase accounts very similar being too cheap and not charging enough on the hotel cards like getting the points and only making a few small charges. Now he has nothing Chase except one business card they didn't touch but all his personal is dead.

Nottafatslob Aug 1, 2012 8:27 pm

OK MY Story

I have a Chase Business Ink that was previously a regular chase business card that used to be dark green. Now it is slate black like the ink bold but I have kept this one open since 06 to keep the credit score up having several old accounts.

I had Ink Bold just a few months ago but canceled it after getting the 50k.

To get the coffee shop show going rather than asking to reopen mine I applied and got a Ink Bold in spouses name which I am helping her use LOL

I have United Ex 65k personal and P Club personal so I guess only 3 cards total from Chase I could do another but I think I will follow advice and wait on lower spend for INK PLUS even though it wouldn't be a problem for me to much if things keep working. I also have Costco Amex Biz so I feel full.

Spouse has IB now and also personal P Club, Marriott and SW which we both had last year but they sent her a targeted offer for the 50k months before the new public one. I do worry about her more than me since she also had Amex Gold Biz not being used.

My thought is rather than burn up the Marriott or Hilton for myself I am probably better off with the Ink Plus or if they said no have them reopen my Ink Bold and work that 50k x5 instead of messing with hotel pts.

I would like to get SW but I don't really use them much since they don't fly to Thailand or PI places I like.

Not sure if getting US Barclays or AA BOA would lower my chances with Chase or not much?? IDEAS on waiting