FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

Preacher7 Aug 8, 2012 9:21 pm

You know, I really, truly, honestly think that there is no difference at all b/w the Ink Cash and Ink Classic. Reatrunestly.

jza Aug 9, 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19068614)
Anyone know what agency pulls the report?

They pulled all 3 for me when I applied for the Ink Classic. They also asked several questions when I called for reconsideration, but finally approved after reallocating from my personal cards and lowering my overall limit. I had gotten approved for the another of their cards 3-4 months prior to applying for the Ink.
I applied a few months afterward for another Chase personal and was approved.

mia Aug 9, 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta (Post 19061204)
What is the 'year' for the 5x bonuses with the Ink cards?

Ink Classic terms state that it is the anniversary year:

Earning Points
You will earn 1 point for each $1 of net purchases. You will earn an additional 4 points for each $1 of net purchases made in any of the following categories: internet, cable, and phone services (excluding equipment purchases); office supply stores. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of net purchases in any of the following categories: gas stations; hotel accommodations – when you use your card for hotel accommodations booked directly with the hotel. Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard credit cards are assigned a merchant code based on the kinds of products and services they sell. Chase groups similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making rewards offers to you. Chase makes every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in its listed categories. However, even though a merchant or the items that it sells may appear to fit within a listed category, the merchant may not have a merchant code that falls within that category. Therefore, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for the stated rewards offer on category purchases. You will also earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodation net purchases when you book at ultimaterewards.com. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. Maximum point accumulation on net purchases earning an additional 4 points is 100,000 points Annually, which equates to $25,000 in net purchases. Maximum point accumulation on net purchases earning an additional 1 point is 25,000 points Annually, which equates to $25,000 in net purchases. (“Annually” means the year beginning with your enrollment date through the first statement after the anniversary of your enrollment date, and each twelve billing cycles thereafter.) There is no maximum number of points that can be earned on net purchases earning 1 point, or the additional 1 point on ultimaterewards.com bookings. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. A service fee of up to $20 per ticket may be charged for the use of our toll-free number to book or change airline itineraries. Redemptions made online do not have a service fee. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.
Ink Bold and Ink Plus do not define Annually on the website, but I would check carefully the printed terms and seek written clarification from Chase customer service if the printed terms are silent. I would never rely on a telephone statement.

Earning Points
You will earn 1 point for each $1 of net purchases. You will earn an additional 4 points for each $1 of net purchases made in any of the following categories: internet, cable, and phone services (excluding equipment purchases); office supply stores. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of net purchases in any of the following categories: gas stations; hotel accommodations – when purchased directly with the hotel. Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard credit cards are assigned a merchant code based on the kinds of products and services they sell. Chase groups similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making rewards offers to you. Chase makes every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in its listed categories. However, even though a merchant or the items that it sells may appear to fit within a listed category, the merchant may not have a merchant code that falls within that category. Therefore, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for the stated rewards offer on category purchases. You will also earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of airfare and hotel accommodation net purchases when you book at ultimaterewards.com. You do not earn points on cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, overdraft advances, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind. Maximum point accumulation on net purchases earning an additional 4 points on category purchases is 200,000 points annually, which equates to $50,000 in net purchases. Maximum point accumulation on net purchases earning an additional 1 point on category purchases is 50,000 points annually, which equates to $50,000 in net purchases. There is no maximum number of points that can be earned on net purchases earning 1 base point, or the additional 1 point on ultimaterewards.com bookings. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. A service fee of up to $20 per ticket may be charged for the use of our toll-free number to book or change airline itineraries. Redemptions made online do not have a service fee. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

PETERPNYC Aug 9, 2012 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 19091124)
Ink Classic terms state that it is the anniversary year:

Ink Bold and Ink Plus do not define Annually on the website, but I would check carefully the printed terms and seek written clarification from Chase customer service if the printed terms are silent. I would never rely on a telephone statement.

My original Ink Bold was described to me as the Classic with the 3% FX fee. Chase CSR said it would convert to Exclusives after 1 1/2 months and I will get the 20% bonus because I have a Chase checking account .

So what does that make my old Ink Bold

balima Aug 11, 2012 3:55 pm

WooHoo. Applied for Mr. Balima to get the Ink card and got the dreaded, "we will let you know". We hadn't heard anything for a while and figured the longer it took the better our chances were to not have to go through reconsideration. And today our beautiful blue cards arrived in the mail. I can hardly wait to move our spending to this pretty card. I smell some vanilla beans in the air.

smitty06 Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by balima (Post 19102791)
WooHoo. Applied for Mr. Balima to get the Ink card and got the dreaded, "we will let you know". We hadn't heard anything for a while and figured the longer it took the better our chances were to not have to go through reconsideration. And today our beautiful blue cards arrived in the mail. I can hardly wait to move our spending to this pretty card. I smell some vanilla beans in the air.

Congrats. I hope to get this card sometime later this year. I must warn you though, it seems like there may be too many cooks in the kitchen (or just one really greedy one). I posted on FM website under "where to buy" post about my chicago survey done today.

amolkold Aug 14, 2012 12:46 am

Aaaaaaaaaand it begins! A relative of mine got a targeted by mail 50K first purchase offer for their small business.

Called me up and asked me if I knew anything about this card. I responded, "Yes, and today is the beginning of the rest of your life. Welcome." :)

financeprof Aug 14, 2012 1:34 am

sorry if it has been asked before, but what is the difference between the bold and plus?

amolkold Aug 14, 2012 2:36 am

Originally Posted by financeprof (Post 19116000)
sorry if it has been asked before, but what is the difference between the bold and plus?

Pretty much every other post on the first page says the main difference is that Bold is a charge card and Plus is a credit card.

Father-of-3 Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Chase Ink Plus is now available

I hope I haven't missed something already covered but I received my Annual Progeam Guide today and on the inside cover it reads

"Earn 5x points per dollar on the first $25,000 you spend annually on office supply..."

I thought it was the first $50k for 250,000 total potential points on office supplies.

This is for my brand new card do I'm nowhere near the $25,000 limit to see if it holds. My original Ink just cleared that hurdle but hasn't billed yet. Anyone know if the new card is limited or if this is a change across the board??

mia Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta (Post 19143169)
"Earn 5x points per dollar on the first $25,000 you spend annually on office supply..."

Chase website shows Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. I believe the limit is $25,000 on the free cards (e.g. Ink Classic) and $50,000 on the paid cards (e.g. Bold and Plus). May have just sent the wrong booklet in the welcome packet.

Father-of-3 Aug 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Chase Ink Plus is now available

I just pulled the paperwork that came with the card, very clearly $50k. Maybe this is a generic catalog as it doesn't mention the card or account number anywhere.

Osbaldistone Sep 1, 2012 4:02 pm

business requirement

Is it possible to get the Bold or Plus if you don't own a business?

Os

Father-of-3 Sep 1, 2012 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Osbaldistone (Post 19236409)
Is it possible to get the Bold or Plus if you don't own a business?

Os

Are you sure you don't run a small consulting company?

Osbaldistone Sep 2, 2012 2:19 am

business

Come to think of it, maybe I do. I guess the question is, what information would I be required to submit to prove it?

Os