FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

Frequent Miler Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19023857)
Is there a rationale for a certain order of applying for the Ink Plus or Ink Bold, assuming I would like to ultimately get 2 or more cards? I have no business cards as of yet, and have 3 Chase personal cards (UA 65K, Marriott 70K, BA 100K). Had to allocate 1,000 of credit line from MR to BA to get last approval (BA required minimum of 5,000). Any recommendations for a certain application order to get 3 Chase Biz cards?

I would start with the Ink Bold only because I think that a better targeted offer is more likely with the Ink Plus since it is a sort of new product that they will be pushing

bdben Jul 30, 2012 8:34 am

Question re: FEIN vs SSN

Thanks for the previous reply, Frequent Miler. Next question: having never applied for a biz card, do you know if it is possible to apply for a card with Chase using FEIN and without providing SSN? I have read about others doing this with the Citi AA Biz cards (getting more than 1 by using SSN for 1 and FEIN for another.)

emptiness Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19026746)
Thanks for the previous reply, Frequent Miler. Next question: having never applied for a biz card, do you know if it is possible to apply for a card with Chase using FEIN and without providing SSN? I have read about others doing this with the Citi AA Biz cards (getting more than 1 by using SSN for 1 and FEIN for another.)

i won't go crazy with too many apps. Chase is harsh and may shut you down for life.

I'd be very careful with chase cards!

Frequent Miler Jul 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19026746)

I'm pretty sure each cardholder needs to provide an SSN, but I'm not sure

stealph Jul 31, 2012 7:26 pm

So any reports back (or direct confirmation from Chase) yet from someone who already has the Ink Bold and was approved for the Ink Plus? Hoping to include this on my next churn.

ZontarTheThingFromVenus Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by stealph (Post 19037069)
So any reports back (or direct confirmation from Chase) yet from someone who already has the Ink Bold and was approved for the Ink Plus? Hoping to include this on my next churn.

I have the Bold and was just able to get approved for the Classic - but I had to give up some of my personal credit line to get it. I am guessing that the same will apply to the Plus which is really an elite version of the Classic - they will not give you any "credit" for the Bold since it is a charge (not a credit) card.

Preacher7 Jul 31, 2012 8:44 pm

I have an IB and got approved for the Cash earlier this month. Didn't have to give up any credit limit on my personal cards. No immediate approval, but called recon the next day and they didn't ask any questions at all why I needed a second Ink card for the same Biz. As such, I don't expect it should be much of a problem getting the Plus while having the IB.

In September, my wife will be applying for the Plus, for the same Biz that already has the Bold and Cash. I don't expect a problem there either, but she is prepared to close out her UA Explorer if needed.

biggestbopper Aug 1, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by emptiness (Post 19027164)
i won't go crazy with too many apps. Chase is harsh and may shut you down for life.

I'd be very careful with chase cards!

Not my recent experience. Until a year or so ago I just couldn't get a Chase card.

Then, with an accepted BA app (for the 100K bonus, before BA zapped its miles by changing the program) the floodgates opened.

Right now I have four different Chase biz cards, all fairly recent and a couple of personal cards. Just got approved for the new INK Plus although I already had an INK Bold in the same biz name (both of these came from U.S. Mail offers, 50K bonus with first transaction ^--pays to read before shredding :D).

So, IMHO Chase is really generous these days. Kinda like Citi in the old days when you could really churn the AA cards.

Nottafatslob Aug 1, 2012 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19040260)
Not my recent experience. Until a year or so ago I just couldn't get a Chase card.

Then, with an accepted BA app (for the 100K bonus, before BA zapped its miles by changing the program) the floodgates opened.

Right now I have four different Chase biz cards, all fairly recent and a couple of personal cards. Just got approved for the new INK Plus although I already had an INK Bold in the same biz name (both of these came from U.S. Mail offers, 50K bonus with first transaction ^--pays to read before shredding :D).

So, IMHO Chase is really generous these days. Kinda like Citi in the old days when you could really churn the AA cards.

That is what they want you to think. All your activity in 1 year says to me you are under the microscope and they will be evaluting your spending by all kinds of Sorcerors Computer Programs so what out.

I former employee of mine and good friend blew up his Chase accounts very similar being too cheap and not charging enough on the hotel cards like getting the points and only making a few small charges. Now he has nothing Chase except one business card they didn't touch but all his personal is dead.

Nottafatslob Aug 1, 2012 8:27 pm

OK MY Story

I have a Chase Business Ink that was previously a regular chase business card that used to be dark green. Now it is slate black like the ink bold but I have kept this one open since 06 to keep the credit score up having several old accounts.

I had Ink Bold just a few months ago but canceled it after getting the 50k.

To get the coffee shop show going rather than asking to reopen mine I applied and got a Ink Bold in spouses name which I am helping her use LOL

I have United Ex 65k personal and P Club personal so I guess only 3 cards total from Chase I could do another but I think I will follow advice and wait on lower spend for INK PLUS even though it wouldn't be a problem for me to much if things keep working. I also have Costco Amex Biz so I feel full.

Spouse has IB now and also personal P Club, Marriott and SW which we both had last year but they sent her a targeted offer for the 50k months before the new public one. I do worry about her more than me since she also had Amex Gold Biz not being used.

My thought is rather than burn up the Marriott or Hilton for myself I am probably better off with the Ink Plus or if they said no have them reopen my Ink Bold and work that 50k x5 instead of messing with hotel pts.

I would like to get SW but I don't really use them much since they don't fly to Thailand or PI places I like.

Not sure if getting US Barclays or AA BOA would lower my chances with Chase or not much?? IDEAS on waiting

biggestbopper Aug 1, 2012 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 19043949)
That is what they want you to think. All your activity in 1 year says to me you are under the microscope and they will be evaluting your spending by all kinds of Sorcerors Computer Programs so what out.

I former employee of mine and good friend blew up his Chase accounts very similar being too cheap and not charging enough on the hotel cards like getting the points and only making a few small charges. Now he has nothing Chase except one business card they didn't touch but all his personal is dead.

If you're right I should be worried. But, I just keep getting those cards. Latest one last week. :D

Seen any black helicopters lately?

Nottafatslob Aug 2, 2012 7:09 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19044786)
If you're right I should be worried. But, I just keep getting those cards. Latest one last week. :D

Seen any black helicopters lately?

It would be interesting to know how many people have had accounts closed by Chase and how many applications in a certain time period along with how many total cards open for that person caused the shutdown.

I will continue to tread lightly but steady and consistant.

broadwayblue Aug 2, 2012 10:14 am

Hey guys, curious what you would suggest. I've never had a Chase card before but think I'd like to start taking advantage of the 5X on office/phone/cable/internet. Would it make sense to start with one card over the other (ink bold, ink plus, personal or business?)

amolkold Aug 2, 2012 10:33 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19047137)
Hey guys, curious what you would suggest. I've never had a Chase card before but think I'd like to start taking advantage of the 5X on office/phone/cable/internet. Would it make sense to start with one card over the other (ink bold, ink plus, personal or business?)

Ink cards are only business.

One thing about the Ink Plus is that it's a credit card and an offer I saw has 0% interest for first 6 months, which makes it easier to spend $10K in 3 months for the signup bonus (spend forward the $10K, make the minimum payments, and pay it down before 6 months are over).

broadwayblue Aug 2, 2012 11:00 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 19047256)
Ink cards are only business.

One thing about the Ink Plus is that it's a credit card and an offer I saw has 0% interest for first 6 months, which makes it easier to spend $10K in 3 months for the signup bonus (spend forward the $10K, make the minimum payments, and pay it down before 6 months are over).

Thanks. That narrows it down. So is one of the two business cards better than the other...or is it simply the charge vs. credit card distinction?