FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Plus is now available (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1371037-chase-ink-plus-now-available.html)

Milezjunkie Aug 2, 2012 12:08 pm

I have had the Ink "Old" that I got last December. A few months ago I applied for the newer version of the Ink Bold thinking I would have to cancel my current Ink "Old" but they didn't care and left me with both. About two weeks ago I finally closed my Ink "Old" account since I use the Ink Bold much more. Now I just realized if I had the Ink "Old" I could use that to switch for the Ink Plus with another 50K bonus points!! I just sent Chase a message asking that the account be reopened. I think Chase allows this if it is within 30 days or so. I'm hoping they reopen it without a problem so I can apply for the Plus soon and then let them close the Ink "Old" in its place.

lkar Aug 2, 2012 1:51 pm

I use my "old" (pre-November 2011) Ink Bold more than I use the new one, because I get a 20 percent bonus (due to having a checking account), and I also like the threshold bonuses. Since the Plus also has the 5x on some spending, I think I'll try for the Plus and close the newer Ink Bold. If they ask me why I'm getting the new one, I really have no legitimate answer, though -- since it's such a similar product. I guess maybe I'll refer to the 6 months 0 percent.

sam_goh Aug 2, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19047418)
Thanks. That narrows it down. So is one of the two business cards better than the other...or is it simply the charge vs. credit card distinction?

Think those two (charge/credit + 0% for 6 months) are the main differences. Just nice to be able to leverage the signup bonus twice. Although $20K spend is not insignificant.

Preacher7 Aug 2, 2012 3:15 pm

It's a 10K spend in 3 mo to get the 2nd 25K bonus, not 20K.

biggestbopper Aug 2, 2012 4:17 pm

IMHO, might want to apply for INK Bold first (assuming no Chase INK biz cards) since it has been around longer and usually we can expect better offers to come out on newer cards. Once you have Bold can always apply for Plus because you "need" a credit card for possible extended payments. It worked for me with a 100K in Ult Reward Pts. :D

As I mentioned before, also keep an eye on "junk" U.S. Mail as I have gotten recent offers for both Bold and Plus with 50K bonus on first use, annual fee waived for first year, no minimum spend.

I'm starting to feel the love for Chase that I used to have for Citi back when churning AA cards was easy.

broadwayblue Aug 2, 2012 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 19048982)
It's a 10K spend in 3 mo to get the 2nd 25K bonus, not 20K.

Right, but I think the 20k mentioned was based on applying for both cards.

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19049322)
IMHO, might want to apply for INK Bold first (assuming no Chase INK biz cards) since it has been around longer and usually we can expect better offers to come out on newer cards. Once you have Bold can always apply for Plus because you "need" a credit card for possible extended payments. It worked for me with a 100K in Ult Reward Pts. :D

As I mentioned before, also keep an eye on "junk" U.S. Mail as I have gotten recent offers for both Bold and Plus with 50K bonus on first use, annual fee waived for first year, no minimum spend.

Sounds like a good plan. I guess I would need to decide before applying for the first card whether I would choose to can the Bold and then apply again for the Bold Plus a year from now. I don't usually apply for cards that often, so even though I've read it doesn't affect your credit score that much I'm still cautious about it.

And what do you guys make of this...

I agree this is a business account and shall only be used for business purposes and not for personal, family or household use.

I was attracted by the Bold for the 5X categories, but my home Cable/Internet/Phone bundle doesn't exactly qualify. Same for my cellular plan.

skydog71 Aug 2, 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19049489)
I agree this is a business account and shall only be used for business purposes and not for personal, family or household use.

I was attracted by the Bold for the 5X categories, but my home Cable/Internet/Phone bundle doesn't exactly qualify. Same for my cellular plan.

I think this language is included because business credit cards don't offer the same levels of consumer protection as personal credit cards (ie - CARD Act of 2009), and they want applicants to acknowledge that they are applying for a "business" account and not a "personal" consumer account.

broadwayblue Aug 3, 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by skydog71 (Post 19049586)
I think this language is included because business credit cards don't offer the same levels of consumer protection as personal credit cards (ie - CARD Act of 2009), and they want applicants to acknowledge that they are applying for a "business" account and not a "personal" consumer account.

Fair enough. I think I'll give the card a go. Any advice on whether I should apply as a sole proprietor or use my LLC? The LLC is relatively new and hasn't done much business yet, so there aren't really significant "Annual Business Revenue/Sales" to speak of.

pantanal Aug 3, 2012 11:37 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19052815)
Fair enough. I think I'll give the card a go. Any advice on whether I should apply as a sole proprietor or use my LLC? The LLC is relatively new and hasn't done much business yet, so there aren't really significant "Annual Business Revenue/Sales" to speak of.

Either will get you approved. Should not be a problem

broadwayblue Aug 3, 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by pantanal (Post 19053692)

Thanks...any chance there would be a difference in credit limit depending on which way I went?

Also, anyone know what agency pulls the report? Has anyone applied for a couple cards at the same time, along with the Ink Plus?

sam_goh Aug 3, 2012 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by pantanal (Post 19053692)

Had to speak to reconsideration for an Ink Bold and they did ask quite a few questions trying to establish how long my business + what incomes were for the last two years. I've been rejected by Citi before for a business that was less than a year old, but never tried with Chase. GL!

CyblocGirl Aug 3, 2012 2:32 pm

I guess I should have read the forums more closely, but I just want to give people a warning, I was under the impression from reading a few posts on this forum that we could list a “sole proprietorship” and do some “consulting” for approval of the card.
I applied for two other Chase cards recently, so I had to call the reconsideration line for this one. They transferred me to a business office reconsideration line, where they asked me questions about the business.

They brought up that the business name was just my full name, and asked the current and projected revenue for the current year and next year, how advertising was done, advertising costs, what the nature of the business was (more specific than consulting) what my projected costs are and other aspects of the business plan. Whew! I stumbled through that conversation making sure she knew I was guessing and roughly estimating possible projections.
At the end of the call, the card was approved, but she let me know that they would be “watching” the credit line to see if it was “used appropriately for the business.” [I actually do a tiny bit of business, but nothing on the scale of having a business plan, etc.]

sharka Aug 3, 2012 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 19049322)

Wish I had your mailing list as I NEVER get any good "junk" mail offers. All I get from the banks are deals that are often even worst then the lowest offers already in existance.

Father-of-3 Aug 4, 2012 9:12 pm

Chase Ink Plus is now available

What is the 'year' for the 5x bonuses with the Ink cards? I haven't hit my max on the first card but expect to by the end if the calendar year. If they use calendar years I'll wait on the new card. If its a year from opening I'll try to set the 6 months apart.

broadwayblue Aug 4, 2012 9:51 pm

Does it matter if you apply for the card during normal business hours as far as the likelihood of getting an automatic approval vs. the "your application is pending" status? Basically, should I apply now or wait until monday morning?