Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelWTravels
Just curious where you found the link for the 50+50 after 1st year offer? If you have the link, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Follow the instructions in the first post. I just got the offer to come up again last night booking a flexible fare from JFK to LHR.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Just curious where you found the link for the 50+50 after 1st year offer? If you have the link, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Read the first post. Maybe we should edit the title of this post like the Citi AA cards "READ POST #2 BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS!", or something along those lines is what the title said.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:46 pm

Can I still apply for this card while I did a similar offer (I believe it was 75K BA points from Chase) about 1.5 years ago?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
The offer is now really "integrated" into the BA website and says "Your flight will be held while you complete the application". I assume it's no problem to apply then cancel out before purchasing the dummy booking? Just asking because last time I checked the trick it opened a new window to Chase.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:05 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
Originally Posted by keirnna
Follow the instructions in the first post. I just got the offer to come up again last night booking a flexible fare from JFK to LHR.
Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:07 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Read the first post. Maybe we should edit the title of this post like the Citi AA cards "READ POST #2 BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS!", or something along those lines is what the title said.
Due to the post being 60 pages long I thought the original link would not be working. Sorry but no need for the attitude. This is a message board- questions are meant to & will be asked.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Due to the post being 60 pages long I thought the original link would not be working. Sorry but no need for the attitude. This is a message board- questions are meant to & will be asked.
Relevant questions are meant to and will be asked. Spoon-feeding the masses is why great deals die, aka the Mint. Anytime I read a long thread I always read the first couple of pages, and then a couple of the most recent pages, otherwise I would be acting lazy. Plus, change to 40 posts per page, then it's only 23 pages long.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:32 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Relevant questions are meant to and will be asked. Spoon-feeding the masses is why great deals die, aka the Mint. Anytime I read a long thread I always read the first couple of pages, and then a couple of the most recent pages, otherwise I would be acting lazy. Plus, change to 40 posts per page, then it's only 23 pages long.
Thanks- I like the 40 posts per page idea!

I tried the app and did see the offer. I'm just worried what might happen if I get instant approval. I am not on the market currently for a flight on BA!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks- I like the 40 posts per page idea!

I tried the app and did see the offer. I'm just worried what might happen if I get instant approval. I am not on the market currently for a flight on BA!
If you spend some time reading the thread you would know your answer already because it has been asked at least a doz times and answered just about equal or more times.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vxmike
The offer is now really "integrated" into the BA website and says "Your flight will be held while you complete the application". I assume it's no problem to apply then cancel out before purchasing the dummy booking? Just asking because last time I checked the trick it opened a new window to Chase.
That is why you use refundable fare! In case it makes you to actually purchase the ticket... even though so far it has not forced anyone to buy a ticket.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:59 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Originally Posted by Happy
If you spend some time reading the thread you would know your answer already because it has been asked at least a doz times and answered just about equal or more times.
I read quite a few pages, still just a bit cautious to pull the trigger. I guess I shouldn't be...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:27 am

Applied last night, since I recently moved and used my new address wasn't approved instantly. Waiting for a response. How long have people waited before calling to get the status of the application. I should still receive the same offer/deal even though approved later correct?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:54 am

I read quite a few pages, still just a bit cautious to pull the trigger. I guess I shouldn't be...
It's working for everbody else. And like Happy says, no worries if you are careful to select a fully refundable fare.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Happy
That is why you use refundable fare! In case it makes you to actually purchase the ticket... even though so far it has not forced anyone to buy a ticket.
So I did the application the other night. As seems to be the fashion, I booked a refundable one-way, JFK-LHR, and the offer came up. Went through the application, received instant approval. I got some message saying that I had not yet paid for my ticket and I was supposed to click to complete the purchase. Since I didn't actually want to go to London just then, I closed the window. All good, I thought.

This morning I got a call from a woman who said she was from fraud prevention at British Airways and wanted to know if I had applied for a BA credit card. I said indeed I had. She proceeded to verify some other contact information, and then she asked about the plane ticket. I said, well, I had been in process but I hadn't completed the purchase. That's when she told me that I had an authorization -- she didn't say purchase -- for $1314.17 already on the card, and that if I didn't want to make that purchase then after I receive my card and call to activate it, I should tell the agent.

I have to say I'm a little confused about what, if anything, I should do. The purchase certainly did not complete; I didn't get any confirmation or ticket number or anything from BA. I assume that the authorization will just expire quietly on its own if I don't do anything, right? And if not, I guess it's refundable, but how do I refund a ticket I never got?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by taliesin
I have to say I'm a little confused about what, if anything, I should do. The purchase certainly did not complete; I didn't get any confirmation or ticket number or anything from BA. I assume that the authorization will just expire quietly on its own if I don't do anything, right? And if not, I guess it's refundable, but how do I refund a ticket I never got?
I'm a little confused about why you're confused. You're concerned about getting a refund for an "authorization"? The hold (authorization hold) will fall off, i.e. expire, at some point. How long that takes depends on the card issuer. If your ticket is still in process, you might be able to go back in your BA account and cancel that, which should result in a release of the hold. The agent you spoke with also said you could call and ask them to release the hold. Otherwise, you'll just have to live with a lower available credit limit for a little while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.