Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by loverofpeace
Was able to get it working through the Chrome Incognito function and by trying to find a flexible flight for less than $2000 (many dates in August are available).

Unfortunately, I didn't receive instant approval and got this message:

Chase is not able to immediately process your card application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.

Which number should I call for reconsideration? How soon?

Thanks.
I would wait a few days. I waited until I got the decision letter.
My cards should arrive soon now was denied due to too many inquiries>< that was an easy fix. Done with cards for the next 5-6 months most likely now.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: aa, spg
I applied for me and the wife on Thursday, both were deferred like yours. I called the reconsideration line on Friday (see million mile secrets for all the numbers) and they said both cards were approved (I made two calls).

Now what I need to find out is if my wife's non-signature cards gets the same bonus. People here seem to say it does.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:45 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Me and my wife applied two weeks ago got instant approval for both used them last week and paid the charges on line even before the statement came out and the 500000 miles posted yesterday
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:52 pm

I got this card in late May, but missed making a purchase before my June 1st statement date. On June 28th, I made two purchases, but my July 1st statement only includes miles earned from those purchases, not a bonus.

Does this bonus usually show up on the monthly statement? Is it possible that I've been denied the bonus?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by zilberbrand
I applied for me and the wife on Thursday, both were deferred like yours. I called the reconsideration line on Friday (see million mile secrets for all the numbers) and they said both cards were approved (I made two calls).

Now what I need to find out is if my wife's non-signature cards gets the same bonus. People here seem to say it does.
Thanks Zilberbrand, that was very helpful as was the Million Mile Secrets Chase reconsideration post. To keep my good karma let me add a data point:

I called Chase after I applied for the card yesterday. CSR originally comes back saying the application was denied due to too many requests for credit from Chase (I opened a United MP account and a Continental One Pass in late Feb/early March).

I politely asked if there was anything else that I could do because I really wanted the British card and my Continental and United Cards were pretty much one and the same. He offered to move lines of credit around (I had to do this for my Continental card as well to get it approved back in March) and resubmitted the app and I was approved. Equifax on myfico was 733 before the app.

He came back saying the app was approved and that I should be receiving the card in the mail in the next one to two weeks.

Originally Posted by onefasteuro
I would wait a few days. I waited until I got the decision letter.
My cards should arrive soon now was denied due to too many inquiries>< that was an easy fix. Done with cards for the next 5-6 months most likely now.
Try calling reconsideration! See my comment above!

Last edited by mia; Jul 2, 2012 at 3:19 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grlmopz
I got this card in late May, but missed making a purchase before my June 1st statement date. On June 28th, I made two purchases, but my July 1st statement only includes miles earned from those purchases, not a bonus.

Does this bonus usually show up on the monthly statement? Is it possible that I've been denied the bonus?
If you are denied bonus you would receive a letter from Chase to inform you so.

You made the purchases TOO CLOSE to the statement date. Chase usually cut off the processing of bonuses triggered by spend about a week before statement close date.

Have you had a BA card before? Though people who had the BA cards before have reported they got the bonus on this offer. So I dont think it is the case here.

Wait till Aug 1st statement to see if you are still not seeing the bonus on your statement.

Last edited by mia; Jul 2, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: Mean
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:16 pm

I have had the card before -- in late 2009 -- which made me concerned that I'd been denied the bonus (despite the fact that others in a similar situation had received one). I didn't, however, get a letter in the mail.

You're probably correct that everything will be hunky dory on August 1st. Thanks for the reassurance.

Originally Posted by Happy
If you are denied bonus you would receive a letter from Chase to inform you so.

You made the purchases TOO CLOSE to the statement date. Chase usually cut off the processing of bonuses triggered by spend about a week before statement close date.

Have you had a BA card before? Though people who had the BA cards before have reported they got the bonus on this offer. So I dont think it is the case here.

Wait till Aug 1st statement to see if you are still not seeing the bonus on your statement.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:23 pm

Is this still working for the 100k? Having a very hard time, I even bought a ticket which I had to cancel to see if the offer would show after the payment page.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:49 pm

I just got the app did the application and now must wait for their decision.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grlmopz
I have had the card before -- in late 2009 -- which made me concerned that I'd been denied the bonus (despite the fact that others in a similar situation had received one). I didn't, however, get a letter in the mail.

You're probably correct that everything will be hunky dory on August 1st. Thanks for the reassurance.
If you haven't gotten a denial letter from Chase by Mid July, I would venture to say your bonus is just delayed due to the purchases made too close to the statement date.

Hopefully you would see the bonus on the August statement. Meanwhile DONT contact Chase because you dont want them to actually look at your BA card history and then find reason to deny you.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by awardticket
I just got the app did the application and now must wait for their decision.
Read my post up top, call reconsideration - you don't have to wait for the letter in the mail!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:46 am

100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

I just got billed the annual fee. It's $75.

I thought it was $95.

Great.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by loverofpeace

Try calling reconsideration! See my comment above!
Just had an identical experience to yours, Chrome incognito, called in, denied for too much recent credit with Chase, offered to move money around and then was approved.

Interestingly she said the minimum credit line needed is only $1000, but I had her move $5000 in case that makes a difference as to the Visa Signature requirements...

No more Chase for the next little while for me, waited 3 mos this time and was still not auto-approved.

Cheers
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by gotofly
Me and my wife applied two weeks ago got instant approval for both used them last week and paid the charges on line even before the statement came out and the 500000 miles posted yesterday
Nice data point. I just paid my bill early (first statement hasn't posted yet), so we'll see if I get the miles quickly.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by lbotez
I just got billed the annual fee. It's $75.

I thought it was $95.

Great.
It's $95 only if you do it through the official link. If you did it the easy way it'll be 2x$75 for 2x 50,000 miles.

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Just had an identical experience to yours, Chrome incognito, called in, denied for too much recent credit with Chase, offered to move money around and then was approved.

Interestingly she said the minimum credit line needed is only $1000, but I had her move $5000 in case that makes a difference as to the Visa Signature requirements...

No more Chase for the next little while for me, waited 3 mos this time and was still not auto-approved.

Cheers
Happy it helped you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.