FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:47 am
Yankeeflyer

Originally Posted by taliesin
I have to say I'm a little confused about what, if anything, I should do. The purchase certainly did not complete; I didn't get any confirmation or ticket number or anything from BA. I assume that the authorization will just expire quietly on its own if I don't do anything, right? And if not, I guess it's refundable, but how do I refund a ticket I never got?
I'm a little confused about why you're confused. You're concerned about getting a refund for an "authorization"? The hold (authorization hold) will fall off, i.e. expire, at some point. How long that takes depends on the card issuer. If your ticket is still in process, you might be able to go back in your BA account and cancel that, which should result in a release of the hold. The agent you spoke with also said you could call and ask them to release the hold. Otherwise, you'll just have to live with a lower available credit limit for a little while.