Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by mattsocr
Wondering if I should use my last Chase card on this one (already did the 50K SW) or wait for another offer thru Chase in the coming months? 80K points looks pretty enticing, but interncontental and crowne plaza stays are 25k to 30k a night, so it will maybe net you 3 nights. Thoughts on valuation of this offer?
The greatest value of PC points comes thru Pointbreaks, which offer nights for only 5000 points. There is limited availability of Pointbreaks' hotels, but when you find something that works for you, the savings are fantastic. At present, PC is updating the Pointbreaks list every two months, and properties do go fast, so the current list is smaller than what was available a few weeks ago:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...intbreaks.html
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:26 am

I've tried the same email, but got denied as they said it is still a targeted offer. I've watched the video, but it doesnt say the 80k, but its the 60k. Where can I get a proof that its not 80k? thanks guys

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Thank you for providing this info and congrats on the bump! I'm in the process of my second request for the 20k bump, after sending a secure message much the same as yours, except using the term "untargeted offer" instead of "publicly available," and being denied. This time I sent a screen shot invitation from the video "in hotel" promo, which redirects to the same app link as in the OP. Fingers crossed!
...[Later...] It worked! I just received this response by secure message regarding the bump:

Date: 12-07-2011 10:35:22
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Priority
Club credit card account.

We are pleased to tell you that we have added 20,000
additional enrollment points to your account.
You will see this adjustment on one of your next two
billing statements.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

[name omitted]
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

YAY! Many thanks to the OP for posting this thread and adding such helpful info along the way...
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by ucool22
I've tried the same email, but got denied as they said it is still a targeted offer. I've watched the video, but it doesnt say the 80k, but its the 60k. Where can I get a proof that its not 80k? thanks guys
If the video showed you 60k you are out of luck. Another code isn't likely to help you.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:06 pm

Hi, my son likes to apply this card but he has been the auth user of my card for quite a long time, would he qualify for the first time card user? Does it help if I cancel his auth card user? How long does he have to wait after the cancelling to apply this card? thanks for answering.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:26 pm

Just signed up for this card today using the link on the first post. Was initially denied. Called reconsideration line and had them cancel my Chase Amazon card which I never use and they approved it. Rep confirmed that I was going to get 80k bonus.

80000 points / 5000 pointsaver nights = 16 nights free.

Great Deal!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:33 pm

I tried getting extra 20K points by sending them the screenshot of the offer from the video with my name on it.
Unfortunately they denied:

"The offer for 80,000 is an exclusive offer. Please provide
a copy of an invitation number in your name or email to
your email address with your name and Priority Club member
number you have received for 80,000. We will honor a new
offer up to 90 days of opening an account. If this offer
was not targeted to your name and or Priority Club member
number the offer will not be honored. "

Any suggestions on what should be the next step?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by exyeh
Hi, my son likes to apply this card but he has been the auth user of my card for quite a long time, would he qualify for the first time card user? Does it help if I cancel his auth card user? How long does he have to wait after the cancelling to apply this card? thanks for answering.
Being authorized user on someone else's card should have no effect on his ability to get this card. He can apply without your having to cancel him on your card.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by salvag
Just signed up for this card today using the link on the first post. Was initially denied. Called reconsideration line and had them cancel my Chase Amazon card which I never use and they approved it. Rep confirmed that I was going to get 80k bonus.

80000 points / 5000 pointsaver nights = 16 nights free.

Great Deal!
And you get a 10% rebate on those points you use for reward nights, so actually it's 4500 points per Pointbreaks' night. Rebate points get credited back to your account a few weeks after your stay
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:55 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Data Point

11/30: Applied for myself and husband through link in Post 1
12/8: Received cards
12/8-12/13: Used both cards
12/26: Statement closing on my card (note: husband's closing date is mid-January)
12/27: 80K points in my account; Platinum status.
12/28: Used all available points to book Paris Le Grand for 3 nights (30K + $60 per night; current rate $568 before taxes!)

I know conventional wisdom was to not use the cards until 2012 so Platinum status would cover 2012 and 2013. However, on my card I wanted the points ASAP so I could book Paris Le Grand for our anniversary trip next year.

Since my husband's statement doesn't close until Jan 2012, his Platinum status will continue through 2013 so we're covered that way. We plan to keep both cards as the $49 annual fee is more than covered by the free night.

Anita

Last edited by akp; Dec 28, 2011 at 11:00 am Reason: moved for clarity
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Another data point: I too received my 80K points posted today (after a statement closing date of 12/24). My app was made in November under the 60K promo, but they credited me the additional 20K after I sent a screen shot of the 80K offer from the video (which redirects to the app link in the OP).
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by flltravel
I tried getting extra 20K points by sending them the screenshot of the offer from the video with my name on it.
Unfortunately they denied:

"The offer for 80,000 is an exclusive offer. Please provide
a copy of an invitation number in your name or email to
your email address with your name and Priority Club member
number you have received for 80,000. We will honor a new
offer up to 90 days of opening an account. If this offer
was not targeted to your name and or Priority Club member
number the offer will not be honored. "

Any suggestions on what should be the next step?
I suggest you try again, sending a secure message with the screen shot attached, and point out that you WERE "targeted" after watching the video! Your name and account balance should be showing on the screen shot that offers you the 80K promo after watching the video...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:51 am

I applied using the link. Was instantly approved. Called up and asked when my bonus was. They said no record of any signup bonus! real bummer!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:16 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
when did you apply?

More details, please, aj26. When did you apply? I assume you used the link in the first post of this thread to apply?

It seems weird that they wouldn't at least give you the 60K that is publicly available.

Anita
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Priority Club Gold, American Airlines Platinum
Priority Club Select Visa

Applied via the link about a month ago and recieved a standard "can't give you an answer right away, you will recieve an answer in writing in the mail" (Probably because I already had a Chase card.)

Got my card today. I called to activate the card and ask who I should talke to to request that they match the 80,000 points. They said that my card came with 80,000 points that would show up as soon as I made my first purchase.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:04 pm

Watched the priority club video and only saw 60k points at the end, so much for screenshot proof :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.