Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:57 am

Thanks Rick, i will give it a try today and let you know how it goes
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:09 pm

i called and they had to transfer me to another department for verification but got approved. Thanks for all the help. Going to use this as my everyday card and in 90 days start looking into adding a few more cards to my name to get some more miles/rewards

Thanks again for all the help
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by wille5az
i called and they had to transfer me to another department for verification but got approved. Thanks for all the help. Going to use this as my everyday card and in 90 days start looking into adding a few more cards to my name to get some more miles/rewards

Thanks again for all the help
Congrats! Now start racking up those UR's for your next trip!! ^
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:17 pm

strategy to apply for multiple Chase cards

I'm new to this game, would appreciate advice on how to get started. I'd like to apply for several Chase cards this week. I have a sterling 20+ year credit history (score ~800, 2 hard pulls on my current record).

Here are my current cards (4 total):

Citi AA MasterCard $44K (since 1993)
Chase Amazon VISA $15K (since Dec 2011)
US Bank VISA $24K (since May 2013)
Discover $6K (since Jan 2012)

These are the Chase cards I'd like to get asap:

Chase Ink Plus
Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Ink Bold

I'd also like to get (possibly later this year):

Citi AA VISA
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard

I'm thinking about applying for all these except the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink Bold this week (on one day). Would that work? Thoughts?

And after this first batch, when should I apply for the remaining 2 Chase cards (Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold)?

Thanks for your feedback, so glad to have found this forum!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:55 pm

re

Originally Posted by n00by
I'm new to this game, would appreciate advice on how to get started. I'd like to apply for several Chase cards this week. I have a sterling 20+ year credit history (score ~800, 2 hard pulls on my current record).

Here are my current cards (4 total):

Citi AA MasterCard $44K (since 1993)
Chase Amazon VISA $15K (since Dec 2011)
US Bank VISA $24K (since May 2013)
Discover $6K (since Jan 2012)

These are the Chase cards I'd like to get asap:

Chase Ink Plus
Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Ink Bold

I'd also like to get (possibly later this year):

Citi AA VISA
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard

I'm thinking about applying for all these except the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink Bold this week (on one day). Would that work? Thoughts?

And after this first batch, when should I apply for the remaining 2 Chase cards (Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold)?

Thanks for your feedback, so glad to have found this forum!
yes your plan will work, get Barclays first since they balk at people who just got a few CC's....citi will be easy, and one chase business and one personal shouldn't be a problem, just make sure to wait the right amount of time before applying for the second chase personal and business.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:22 pm

I was approved for CSP on 6/13 and Ink Bold on 6/22. Today (9/25) I applied for the Marriott card and the UA Mileageplus Business. I wasn't auto-approved for either so I called the personal Chase Reconsideration line for the Marriott. The woman said she couldn't approve me because of my two recent cards and said I should try back in 6 months. Both cards have the minimum $5k credit limit so there was no credit I could transfer over to the Marriott and she said her hands were tied because they're not willing to extend me more credit.

Should I try again or am I just out of luck? :-/
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat,SPG-Plat,Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by SexyTurtle
I was approved for CSP on 6/13 and Ink Bold on 6/22. Today (9/25) I applied for the Marriott card and the UA Mileageplus Business. I wasn't auto-approved for either so I called the personal Chase Reconsideration line for the Marriott. The woman said she couldn't approve me because of my two recent cards and said I should try back in 6 months. Both cards have the minimum $5k credit limit so there was no credit I could transfer over to the Marriott and she said her hands were tied because they're not willing to extend me more credit.

Should I try again or am I just out of luck? :-/
You can try to call again and see if you may able to talk someone else and give a consideration for your credit card application. Please keep in mind, when you talk to someone new, they know that you already have talked to someone else as well as any note left by previous executive. So keep in mind, you should have some solid reason and some new info that you can provide to get reconsideration.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by wise2u
yes your plan will work, get Barclays first since they balk at people who just got a few CC's....citi will be easy, and one chase business and one personal shouldn't be a problem, just make sure to wait the right amount of time before applying for the second chase personal and business.
Thanks! To follow up, today I was approved for 3 out of 4, need to fax some info for the Chase Ink Plus. How long should I wait for the Chase personal Sapphire (after my Ink Plus gets approved)? And if I want the Ink Bold, how long should I wait before applying for that one?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:42 pm

Odds on CSP Approval?

Was just curious what people think about my odds of being approved for a CSP. I am not going to apply for this card until 2014, but I was curious to see what people think my chances would be right now.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion: 743

AAoA: 2.2 years
Oldest Account: 9.2 years

Highest CL at the moment is $5000

Currently have 6 inquiries on Experian in the last 6 months.

CSP was the first card I applied for, over a year ago. At the time I knew nothing about credit, I just knew the card looked cool so I applied. I called for recon after getting a denial and was told that I needed at least a year of personal credit history, at the time my only accounts were AU. Still would love to get this card and make it my go-to.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Goldfishes
Was just curious what people think about my odds of being approved for a CSP. I am not going to apply for this card until 2014, but I was curious to see what people think my chances would be right now.

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion: 743

AAoA: 2.2 years
Oldest Account: 9.2 years

Highest CL at the moment is $5000

Currently have 6 inquiries on Experian in the last 6 months.

CSP was the first card I applied for, over a year ago. At the time I knew nothing about credit, I just knew the card looked cool so I applied. I called for recon after getting a denial and was told that I needed at least a year of personal credit history, at the time my only accounts were AU. Still would love to get this card and make it my go-to.

Thoughts?
You seem to have good potential to get this card. You can apply now if you need to. You would have to give a good reason if you have to call to reconsideration line. Tell them if you get this card, then you would be using their card as primary.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by fl9999
You seem to have good potential to get this card. You can apply now if you need to. You would have to give a good reason if you have to call to reconsideration line. Tell them if you get this card, then you would be using their card as primary.
Well I got bored last night, and...APPROVED.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:03 am

Re-applying for CSP?

Anyone have decent luck downgrading CSP after 11 months to Freedom and then reapplying for CSP for the sign up bonus and first year AF waiver?

How long did you guys wait? CSP isn't worth the AF for me if I can get approved for an Ink card (got declined last time) which has the UR transfer capabilities and 5x spending categories.

I already have a handful of Amex cards for groceries/general spend.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:52 am

You can downgrade this card to Chase Freedom. And you can apply again for this card with first year annual fee waived, but you will not get bonus again. Chase seems to give bonus only once.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
People used to be able to reapply for the MasterCard version (after downgrading the Visa version), as these were considered to be two different "products," which made it eligible for the sign-up bonus.

Chase has been phasing out their MasterCard offerings and I doubt they will bring it back to the CSP.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking about doing the Southwest Companion Pass trick with 2x CC's. The problem is, I was approved for a CSP back in June and denied for an Ink on the same day (I didn't know you could call in and ask to be reconsidered). Does the fact that I was denied for an Ink count when I apply? I ask because most Chase applications usually ask "have you been denied by Chase bank in the past 6 months" question.

Also, if I were to go with 2x CC's for 50k bonus miles each, would it be better to do 2x personal cards (there are 2 versions I believe) or 1x personal and 1x business CC for the Southwest bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.