Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:01 am

Hey guys! I wasn't able to find any information online but this in regards to applying for Chase ink plus card. I am currently running my family's restaurant and wanted to apply for this card. My name isn't under the business though. Would I still be able to app? I can provide the ein and answer any questions and provide and documentation if chase requests to do so. Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
Chase can see what you are buying, not just the total.
1) I doubt it

2) But my real question is, even if they can, why should they care more about OV cards vs non-Vanilla GCs?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:27 am
Suspended

any pointers in regards to applying for Chase ink card for a newly established credit?

Details:

AU since 2009 (on Chase and BOA cards with $20K and $5K limits)
AU added in Aug, 2014 (AMEX $14K limit)
WF personal secure card, June, 2014 ($300 limit)

Thinking of applying for chase ink card with recently established business(can't miss out on $70K offer) but don't want to apply if there is a zero chance of approval.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by nadir576
any pointers in regards to applying for Chase ink card for a newly established credit?

Details:

AU since 2009 (on Chase and BOA cards with $20K and $5K limits)
AU added in Aug, 2014 (AMEX $14K limit)
WF personal secure card, June, 2014 ($300 limit)

Thinking of applying for chase ink card with recently established business(can't miss out on $70K offer) but don't want to apply if there is a zero chance of approval.
With the little info you provided, I would say chances are low. My reasoning is because there is a $5k minimum for the Ink cards and if your highest card is $300 (and secured), then that is a big jump to make especially since it has only been open for a few months. I would get more other cards and build up that history before applying.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by starbuk
With the little info you provided, I would say chances are low. My reasoning is because there is a $5k minimum for the Ink cards and if your highest card is $300 (and secured), then that is a big jump to make especially since it has only been open for a few months. I would get more other cards and build up that history before applying.
I agree, start with a lower CL no fee card, like the Chase Freedom, or the AMEX Everyday. Build up a personal credit history, then move on to cards that only require a $1K or so CL. Learn to walk before you try out for a Marathon.

BTW, this Ink offer will probably come around again in the future. When you will be much more likely to be approved for it.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I am considering applying for a Sapphire Preferred card if Chase shows signs of putting their programming where their mouth is and going full chip + PIN. I have no Chase cards at all at present, but a checking account opened at WAMU a decade ago. Does my "banking relationship" date from account opening, or Chase takeover? I'm hoping for instant approval as I've never bounced a check, and my credit score is probably at least 750.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by explorer22
I have a similar question as I'm a newbie to FT. I also plan on getting the Ink Plus 70k offer before it's gone.

Data:
I had the Ink Bold over a year ago , applied June 2013 and closed in July 2014 when AF due.

I currently have the United Explorer Business, applied and approved July 30 2013 (about a week after closing the Ink Bold).

Also applied for the United Explorer personal when the 50k deal was reopen again on Sept 1 2014 and approved.

Applied Citi AA business in Aug 2014 and approved
Applied Barclay Arrival in June 2014 and approved--actually applied for this first before all other cards as I read this is hardest to get.

Also have the Chase Freedom card from over 6 years ago and still open.

The Ink Plus 70k may be going away in about a week. Dont know how long I should wait between Chase apps as the Wiki on top dont have an answer to this.

Questions:
1) What is is the recommended time between apps with Chase? Either Business or Personal cards or both?
2) Is it too early for me to go for the Ink Plus as I recently applied and approved for both United Business and personal.

Thanks

Ooops, saw some responses and then realize I had a typo.

The Chase United Business card was applied and approved on July 30, 2014 (not 2013).
So ALL my Chase cards are fairly recent except the Freedom
Also forgot to mention also applied and approved for Amex Gold Business card in Aug 2014 when they had the 50k offer for only $1000 spend.

My FICO is 784

Not sure if my odds are good going for Ink Plus now before 70k deal is over.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I am considering applying for a Sapphire Preferred card if Chase shows signs of putting their programming where their mouth is and going full chip + PIN. I have no Chase cards at all at present, but a checking account opened at WAMU a decade ago. Does my "banking relationship" date from account opening, or Chase takeover? I'm hoping for instant approval as I've never bounced a check, and my credit score is probably at least 750.

I seriously doubt if you will have any problem getting approved. Unless you are holding an alarming amount of outstanding debt, I'd say your chances are excellent.

And, yes, they do back date those account history dates.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by explorer22
Ooops, saw some responses and then realize I had a typo.

The Chase United Business card was applied and approved on July 30, 2014 (not 2013).
So ALL my Chase cards are fairly recent except the Freedom
Also forgot to mention also applied and approved for Amex Gold Business card in Aug 2014 when they had the 50k offer for only $1000 spend.

My FICO is 784

Not sure if my odds are good going for Ink Plus now before 70k deal is over.
I'd apply. I have like 8 HP in last 6 months half from Chase and got the Hyatt card recently. Had to reallocate credit and was approved. They saw business apps and credit there so it all gets taken into account. My fico is slightly lower than yours.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:18 am
formerly ffactoryxx

I have a Chase Sapphire Card I signed up for in early 2014 and added my Fiancee as authorized user.

She is looking to get a new card herself now. Can she sign up directly for the Sapphire card and get the points still? We live in same household.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:38 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Declined for the Ink Plus?

Can i not apply with chase for a long time? Was planning on the freedom in a few months i got around 720 fico
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
I have a Chase Sapphire Card I signed up for in early 2014 and added my Fiancee as authorized user.

She is looking to get a new card herself now. Can she sign up directly for the Sapphire card and get the points still? We live in same household.
Absolutely.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:39 am

Really depends on the reason(s) for denial and when those reason(s) are addressed.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:40 am

What's the chase rule again? No more than 2 card applications in 3 months?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Husband's 2nd CSP card acquired end of August, when activating confirmed the 40k bonus pts and 5k for AU.
Statement has closed , 5k has been posted and no sign of the 40k bonus.
I just sent them a secure message.
Anyone else having a delayed posting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.