Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I just received my Lounge Club card for Palladium card ownership.

I spoke with the concierge who confirmed that Palladium is now working with Lounge Club, and NOT Priority Pass like the Palladium card advertises.

This is a little upsetting.
I agree. Lounge Club might replace Priority Pass Select as the lounge network for financial providers. Chase/JPM is certainly trending towards it.

Additionally, AMEX Platinum is not the only other card that allows lounge access. In fact, I think you'll find that Ameriprise offers a card with PP privileges that exceed the published benefits of AMEX Platinum and Palladium. AMEX Platinum also allows unlimited access to particular partner airline lounges when you're are flying that partner (including two guests or some kind of family allowance for kids/spouse) and on US even when you're not flying. PP is limited domestically and Lounge Club is essentially nonexistent in the US.

If lounge access is the main reason you're choosing Palladium you're either 1) misinformed (to say it nicely), or 2) really just getting the card for what a previous poster termed "wallet candy." Both are fine. Personally, I would go for the latter.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...Palladium is now working with Lounge Club, and NOT Priority Pass
Lounge Club is owned by the same (travel insurance) company as Priority Pass. Too soon to see what their strategy is for developing a second brand, but [SPECULATION] it could be that "Lounge Club" will end up being the brand used for memberships provided by financial institutions, while "Priority Pass" will be the brand for paid memberships. This would be less confusing than the distinction between Priority Pass / Priority Pass Select.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mzkaiser

If lounge access is the main reason you're choosing Palladium you're either 1) misinformed (to say it nicely), or 2) really just getting the card for what a previous poster termed "wallet candy." Both are fine. Personally, I would go for the latter.
My main reason, as if it matters, is the fact I can charge 100,000 dollars a month and not have the balance report to my consumer credit report. That and the superior customer & concierge services are more important than whatever judgmental claim by some of wallet candy may be. In fact, I almost never use the metal version of my card; I've had chase issue me plastic cards.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
My main reason, as if it matters, ...
To clarify, my post was in no way directed at you. Also, options one and two were not intended to be exhaustive; I only intended to argue that getting the card predominately for lounge access was a silly choice, and that I'd be more inclined to pick the card solely on the "wallet candy" rationale than for the underwhelming lounge access it provides.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Auction season invitations

I just received an invitation to several auction previews/brunches/receptions courtesy of the Palladium card.

I typically receive invitations to these or similar events from the auction houses so this really isn't an added benefit for me but for those who wouldn't get these invitations, it's a nice benefit and if you got an invitation, you should try to attend at least one of the events.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
I just received an invitation to several auction previews/brunches/receptions courtesy of the Palladium card.

I typically receive invitations to these or similar events from the auction houses so this really isn't an added benefit for me but for those who wouldn't get these invitations, it's a nice benefit and if you got an invitation, you should try to attend at least one of the events.
How long after becoming a cardmember did you receive these invitations?

I recently received some invitations to attend some private golfing event through the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Thought that was a nice touch.

If anyone is interested (and if this is okay to post here), I did a blog post about the Palladium card review and summary of benefits here
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
How long after becoming a cardmember did you receive these invitations?

I recently received some invitations to attend some private golfing event through the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Thought that was a nice touch.

If anyone is interested (and if this is okay to post here), I did a blog post about the Palladium card review and summary of benefits here
I got the same invitation and I've had my card since about November of last year. Invitation doesn't help me much as the events are in NYC and I'm in SFO
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
My main reason, as if it matters, is the fact I can charge 100,000 dollars a month and not have the balance report to my consumer credit report.
Is this because it's a charge card and not a credit card? Am wondering if it's the same for my AmEx.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
If I add an additional user/card for $99, do they get the plastic version or a metal card?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Lounge Club is owned by the same (travel insurance) company as Priority Pass.
I see that Merrill+ VISA is now also using Lounge Club rather than Priority Pass.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
If I add an additional user/card for $99, do they get the plastic version or a metal card?
Metal
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Called in to apply today. Got transferred to Private Banking group and finally to a banker, saying that this is strictly for PB customer ($5M asset and above). The banker said now the Palladium card will be available only if you open a PB account with them.

I pushed back and said that without first trying the Palladium services how would I know if JPM PB is right for me. So the banker said that they will inquire about it and give me a call tomorrow.

We will see.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Called in to apply today. Got transferred to Private Banking group and finally to a banker, saying that this is strictly for PB customer ($5M asset and above). The banker said now the Palladium card will be available only if you open a PB account with them.

I pushed back and said that without first trying the Palladium services how would I know if JPM PB is right for me. So the banker said that they will inquire about it and give me a call tomorrow.

We will see.
I did the same dance. Although I was told you only needed to put 250k+ into chase private banking. I keep around 100k in my chase account but explained there was no way I was going to move money just for a credit card. In the end...they send you the form, you fax it in, and chase decides. All the other stuff is posturing to try to drum up private banking business.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:57 pm

I just received my Lounge Club card for Palladium card ownership.
Interesting. I've had the card about six weeks, and gave them a ring because I hadn't seen any sign of the lounge card. They told me they'd check on it, promptly called back, and told me lounge cards would be arriving via FedEx within the week.

Sure enough, two cards showed up - one for myself, one for the AU. The weirdness...the primary card got a Priority Pass Select, while the AU got a Lounge Club. Both memberships indicated that guests were free...pretty cool.

As an aside, there was a $15 PP charge that showed up (I'm assuming for expedited processing), and it was promptly credited the same day without my inquiry. So far, seems like Palladium has a fairly proactive staff.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I did the same dance. Although I was told you only needed to put 250k+ into chase private banking. I keep around 100k in my chase account but explained there was no way I was going to move money just for a credit card. In the end...they send you the form, you fax it in, and chase decides. All the other stuff is posturing to try to drum up private banking business.
So which number did you call to get them finally send you the application. I kept getting that "must be a private bank customer".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.