Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Agreed. I am curious why one would choose Palladium over Select
Do both cards offer the 35,000 point bonus for 100k in annual spend? That's really the main reason I'm considering the Palladium card. Been looking for a non Amex backup to complement my SPG and this seemed like a good option. If I could get that benefit while spending hundreds less on the annual fee I'd go with the Select instead.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Do both cards offer the 35,000 point bonus for 100k in annual spend?
JP Morgan Select awards 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points for $100,000.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mia
JP Morgan Select awards 25,000 Ultimate Rewards points for $100,000.
Thanks. So I guess the question is whether 10k UR points are worth ~$500. I would think not. lol

Is there any other (possibly new) benefit that would make the Palladium card worth considering? I really don't have much need for personal concierge services.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:57 pm
mia

...whether 10k UR points are worth ~$500.
How are you most likely to redeem the points?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:02 pm

Thanks. So I guess the question is whether 10k UR points are worth ~$500. I would think not. lol

Is there any other (possibly new) benefit that would make the Palladium card worth considering? I really don't have much need for personal concierge services.
Versus the Select? Not much currently except Priority Pass (guests free) and hotel benefits, but you might be able to get similar hotel benefits through a Virtuoso agent.

Last edited by HookemHorns; Apr 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:13 pm

I have about $230K worth of assets, income of $130K / year, ~780 credit score...

Should I possibly consider applying for this card? Never been denied for a credit card before, but I am really curious about other people's income who have this card. I don't think I'm ready to apply just yet...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I have about $230K worth of assets, income of $130K / year, ~780 credit score...

Should I possibly consider applying for this card? Never been denied for a credit card before, but I am really curious about other people's income who have this card. I don't think I'm ready to apply just yet...
You should be OK. I doubt they would reject you.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
You should be OK. I doubt they would reject you.
+1. There is no asset question on the application, FICO is fine, and I expect income is fine as well. I suspect they also look at income/debt ratios, which I'm guessing is fine given your 780.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by HookemHorns
+1. There is no asset question on the application, FICO is fine, and I expect income is fine as well. I suspect they also look at income/debt ratios, which I'm guessing is fine given your 780.
Now I just need the reconsideration line... I'm nervous to call in. I almost don't feel "worthy" enough.

Is this card trying to target the AMEX Platinum or Centurion? Because getting the AMEX Platinum is easy...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Versus the Select? Not much currently except Priority Pass (guests free) and hotel benefits, but you might be able to get similar hotel benefits through a Virtuoso agent.
Thanks. Which hotel benefits come with the Palladium card?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Now I just need the reconsideration line... I'm nervous to call in. I almost don't feel "worthy" enough.

Is this card trying to target the AMEX Platinum or Centurion? Because getting the AMEX Platinum is easy...
So I was wondering this, as well. When I was feeling this out with the rep, he indicated that they would like to target the Centurion crowd. I tactfully pointed out that as the benefits currently stand, the card seems to align more with the AmEx Plat. The rep told me that there were things in the works, including likely a fix for the UA/US lounge issue. Time will tell.

Last edited by HookemHorns; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:44 am Reason: My iphone was smarter than me re: spelling
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:24 am

I just called the application number. The CS rep took my name, address, email information and told me that I would receive a call from the application team later on. Now just have to wait and keep fingers crossed.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:11 am

Hi all I just posted a video of my palladium card open boxing along with the plastic signature card thats the back up card just made of plastic.

[Link redacted]

I did just get a travel book but it is 2011.
They just over nighted it to me because I asked about it.
Now they tell me the 2012 will be shipping to me shortly.
When I get the 2012 I will do a video of both.

When talking to them I asked what are some gifts they give out and what it takes for each level of gift.
The level was not clear but was told they gave out some thing from cartier.
Worth around 5k.
And they will be doing the same thing some time this year but they have not decided what or with whom it will be with.

Any one with this card get any kind of gift if so let us know.

Last edited by mia; Apr 5, 2012 at 10:49 am Reason: Personal information
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
FYI your name including middle initial is visible on your card.

Last edited by mia; Apr 5, 2012 at 10:49 am Reason: Remove quotation
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:50 am
mia

Moderator action

I have removed the link to protect the personal information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.