Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:35 pm

Still haven't received a call back from JPMorgan regarding my application... although it's only been 27 hours since my first call when the CS rep took some of my personal information.

Wondering for others that applied via phone call, what has been your experience? The CS rep took my name, home address, and email.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GoFastJames
When talking to them I asked what are some gifts they give out and what it takes for each level of gift.
The level was not clear but was told they gave out some thing from cartier.
Worth around 5k.
And they will be doing the same thing some time this year but they have not decided what or with whom it will be with.

Any one with this card get any kind of gift if so let us know.
Where did you hear about gifts being given out?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Where did you hear about gifts being given out?
from some one at the card services for the Palladium card.

Are we not allowed to post links to videos?
The video was mine.
If not did not know but don't see y not.

As for my name on the card its no different for some one knowing my name now and if some one was to swipe my card at a store or bar they see it.
same with on a receipt it will display your name on it.
Thanks for your concern tho.
If any charge is not right they will take care of it as well.

You have me interested to know what do you think or know that can be done with my name?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator explanation

Originally Posted by GoFastJames
You have me interested to know what do you think or know that can be done with my name?
Most Flyertalk members use an alias as their User ID because they do not want other readers, including representatives of airlines, hotel chains, banks, etc to be able to associate their posts with their identity. This is a privacy issue, not an identity theft concern.

Flyertalk's guidance on this issue is posted here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q68
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Wondering for others that applied via phone call, what has been your experience? The CS rep took my name, home address, and email.
When I applied, I had a long (15 minute) chat with the rep and he emailed me an application. I returned it the same day via email. The rep confirmed receipt, and then told me to expect to hear from them in 1-2 business days. That was on a Thursday afternoon. The card showed up Monday evening via UPS next-day. If they took your details by phone, perhaps they are mailing you a hardcopy application? That was offered to me, as an option to the email.

Last edited by HookemHorns; Apr 6, 2012 at 6:17 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
How are you most likely to redeem the points?
Most likely for stays at Hyatt and possibly some transfers to UA (I have no points or status in either.) Although I am intrigued by the possibility of redeeming with Amtrak for a cross country trip in a sleeper/sleeperette. At the moment I'm basically all in with SPG and AA, so I've been looking for a way to diversify. I earn most of my points via spend as opposed to actual stays, so the idea of bonus points for hitting various thresholds is appealing to me. Being that I have more AA than I can use in the next several years, I'd ideally relegate my AA MC for something that will earn me better than the 1:1 I've been getting when a vendor won't take my SPG Amex. If that card offers points which can also be converted to multiple programs that's even better.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Most likely for stays at Hyatt and possibly some transfers to UA ...
I asked because if you plan to redeem for British Airways points the BA credit card is better (1.25 Avois per dollar). Likewise, if you plan to redeem for paid tickets Palladium is better ($0.015 per point). (I'm not advocating these redemptions, it was only a question.)

However, if you are planning to transfer to Hyatt or UA I don't see a compelling reason to choose Palladium over Select. (You can transfer from SPG to Amtrak.)
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I asked because if you plan to redeem for British Airways points the BA credit card is better (1.25 Avois per dollar). Likewise, if you plan to redeem for paid tickets Palladium is better ($0.015 per point). (I'm not advocating these redemptions, it was only a question.)

However, if you are planning to transfer to Hyatt or UA I don't see a compelling reason to choose Palladium over Select. (You can transfer from SPG to Amtrak.)
Thanks...had no idea SPG converted to Amtrak. So I would primarily be using the Palladium or Select card to earn Hyatt points. Guess I need to evaluate these cards vs. the actual Hyatt card, although at first glance the latter doesn't seem that attractive with it only earning 1 point/$ (on non hotel spend.)
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by HookemHorns
When I applied, I had a long (15 minute) chat with the rep and he emailed me an application. I returned it the same day via email. The rep confirmed receipt, and then told me to expect to hear from them in 1-2 business days. That was on a Thursday afternoon. The card showed up Monday evening via UPS next-day. If they took your details by phone, perhaps they are mailing you a hardcopy application? That was offered to me, as an option to the email.
You're probably right. They may be sending me a hardcopy application. I just wish someone told me what's going on. Also, I'm getting quite anxious. I was expecting an email or phone call for the last few days, but have received nothing. Seems a bit unprofessional of me. I'll call back next week if I still don't hear from anyone.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:09 pm

For those of you interested in my saga of Palladium application, I ended up calling them again on Monday after not hearing back from them for 3 days, customer service was extremely friendly and nice, apologized for not hearing back from JP Morgan after my initial contact, then I was emailed an application.

I filled out the application and then faxed it in.

The next morning I received a call from customer service and the CS rep inquired as to why I have so many Chase accounts (Sapphire, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred) and why I was interested in this Palladium card.

I explained that I'm looking for a premium credit card to do most of my charges on and it's either the Palladium or the comparable AMEX Product (platinum). That and I just really like the Ultimate Rewards program. I find it much more rewarding than the AMEX Membership Rewards points for me. Although the MR points are transferable to more carriers, it's cash value is much more decreased compared to UR points.

The CS rep asked if it was okay to reallocate some of my other credit limits for this new card, and I gave him permission to. I was told that if I get approved, I should receive the new card by Friday via UPS shipping.

Today I see that my credit limit on my current Chase cards have decreased by $9,000. No sign of the Palladium card in my Chase online account however.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I get approved soon. Feeling very anxious and wondering what's going to happen if I get denied for the Palladium card AND have my current credit limits lowered.

FYI, I checked my credit scores before applying:
Experian score (www.myfico.com) it is currently 787.
Transunion score (www.transunion.com) is currently 962.
My credit utilization is around 6%.

Will keep you guys updated.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:42 pm

I went through this whole thread and I am still at a loss why you guys want this card. I have high income, low credit utilization, and have most of the cards that others have on this forum. I can not find a reason to get this card and pay $600 annual fee. Could you guys break this down for me? Am I missing something? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to understand.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:35 pm
mia

If you scroll back to about post 38 you will see a break in the discussion between August and October 2011. The revival occurred at the time Continental (now United) Airlines ended participation in American Express Membership Rewards.

There are many other Chase cards which participate in Ultimate Rewards, transferable to UA, but I think several American Express Centurion and Platinum cardholders want to try the "most comparable" Chase product. The test will be the Autumn when its time to renew.

Last edited by mia; Apr 12, 2012 at 9:11 am
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by rjdoc1974
I went through this whole thread and I am still at a loss why you guys want this card.
Sure - but my logic may not make sense for everyone.

1. I want access to more airport lounges than my AmEx Plat can give me. AmEx just closed the loophole that would have allowed me to get supplemental plats for my kids (under 15) to get the PP Select cards. Looks like the palladium PP pays for guests. I'll be testing this in NAS in 2 weeks.

2. Travel insurance. AmEx Plat offers virtually nothing that isn't already covered by another insurance, while palladium appears to have decent benefits.

3. VISA/EMV for European travel, plus no FOREX or cash advance fees. Much easier to use in Europe. Plus, UR points seem more useful than MR points.

4. I may be relocating to IAD. That, plus the rumors of a AA-US merger and the acknowledgment that RC is actually part of Marriott make me realize I may need to rethink my alliances.

In summary, I'm looking for a product to replace my AmEx plat, but I want to test-drive it first, and holding both cards for a year or two is not a significant blip in my budget. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably downgrade to JP Morgan Select, which also seems to have good benefits.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Sure - but my logic may not make sense for everyone.

1. I want access to more airport lounges than my AmEx Plat can give me. AmEx just closed the loophole that would have allowed me to get supplemental plats for my kids (under 15) to get the PP Select cards. Looks like the palladium PP pays for guests. I'll be testing this in NAS in 2 weeks.
What loophole? Are you saying that supplementary Platinum cardholders will no longer get the PP membership?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:50 am
mia

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Are you saying that supplementary Platinum cardholders will no longer get the PP membership?
I think he means that children under 15 can no longer hold supplementary American Express cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.