Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I have a personal anecdote regarding this. I tried to book a stay in Kuala Lumpur last month. The Plat FHR has RC, MO. The Cent FHR has RC, MO, and Shangri-La. I tried to book Shangri-La but the Plat FHR folks won't do it, citing it's for Cent only.
Is this a US Centurion benefit or a non-US one? I was under the impression, apparently mistaken, that the US Centurion FHR program was exactly the same as the US Platinum FHR program, except that Centurion members receive an additional welcome amenity.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
The agent who sent you the app should have mentioned the fax line. I faxed my application to this number: 614-776-7827 and immediately emailed the rep for confirmation.

Good luck!
Just a quick update.

I've had the application for a few weeks now but have been hesitant on sending it in.

I decided to return my completed app this morning to the lady I was dealing with previously. Called their hotline a few hours later and it says "Congratulations .. Your application has been approved, gives my credit line info etc .." ... so it looks like it's a GO !!!!

No PB relationship here, but I did inquire about that and was told as of May they are making changes to the requirements for the card.

It looks like the PB requirement is not (yet) a firm requirement as I was just approved today. However, perhaps my case is a little bit different as I established interest in the card and they had taken some of my information down before they implemented the changes?
Old May 3, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by am1996
Is this a US Centurion benefit or a non-US one? I was under the impression, apparently mistaken, that the US Centurion FHR program was exactly the same as the US Platinum FHR program, except that Centurion members receive an additional welcome amenity.
US Cent.
Another example that's been widely discussed is the MO buy 1 get 1 for Cent. I believe it's under FHR, you get FHR benefits for both days.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by bravek201
It looks like the PB requirement is not (yet) a firm requirement as I was just approved today. However, perhaps my case is a little bit different as I established interest in the card and they had taken some of my information down before they implemented the changes?
I agree. That's why I said earlier that if anyone want the card, fax it in now. You might get someone who would process the application. Sort of like the CSR roulette at this point.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: JPM Pd, Citi Prestige
To those with the card that want JPMorgan to add/consider features, I'd urge you to call customer service and inform them.

I say that because I inquired about the airport lounge access since it has indeed changed to "Lounge Club"... a program which has very limited lounge access... especially in U.S. airports. She suggested they could try to work something out for me that would reimburse me for my most frequently visited lounges (Admiral's Club, Presidential Club, etc.) or provide membership to those lounges (she's going to be calling me back about that).

She went on to say that if more current cardholders call and ask for features/services not currently offered, the higher likelihood the Palladium will add those benefits most requested.

I believe because the card is relatively new and the demographic it targets, that they will be more accommodating into adding features/services to keep clients... at least I hope so.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
US Cent.
That's interesting, thanks!

Another example that's been widely discussed is the MO buy 1 get 1 for Cent. I believe it's under FHR, you get FHR benefits for both days.
I am familiar with it but I think that's different. From what I understand, it's not a separate FHR benefit for Centurion cardholders. Instead, it's a MO benefit that can only be taken advantage of if you are making a booking at an Amex rate through FHR. Please let me know if I am confused about this, which is possible, as I have no first hand knowledge of this.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold/US Air Gold/GHA Black
Updates

Confirmed: United Club membership is now offered if requested.

Hotel selection for upgrades/ameneties is still sparse compared to FHR but does include properties that FHR doesn't include in many cities. Two programs complement each other. When there is overlap, the cost, amenities are similar for both programs.

Concierge definitely much much better for Palladium.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dabigdawg

I confirmed this in this thread two days ago, on 2 May.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by jspira
I confirmed this in this thread two days ago, on 2 May.
Always good to see a reconfirmation.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:11 am

Hotel selection for upgrades/ameneties is still sparse compared to FHR but does include properties that FHR doesn't include in many cities. Two programs complement each other. When there is overlap, the cost, amenities are similar for both programs.
Just got the 2012 book - nice presentation (hardbound). I agree with this analysis completely. Interesting - many of the properties give upgraded amenities (eg: airport transfer) for booking a suite. There definitely are properties that aren't part of FHR, which is a plus for me.

+1. AmEx plat hasn't seemed very "motivated" to me lately. I've only used Palladium for mundane stuff so far, but it has been handled quickly and with good results (eg: booking a dinner for 10 adults at a mid-tier restaurant that otherwise didn't have availability due to prom weekend).
Old May 4, 2012, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Just got the 2012 book - nice presentation (hardbound). I agree with this analysis completely. Interesting - many of the properties give upgraded amenities (eg: airport transfer) for booking a suite. There definitely are properties that aren't part of FHR, which is a plus for me.
Did you request the 2012 Book?
Old May 4, 2012, 9:41 am

Did you call the Customer Service line or the Concierge line for the United Club membership? I called the CS line and they kept on telling me to contact United for the Club membership. I told them this has nothing to do with United, but a lounge access JP Morgan provides for card holder. CSR seemed clueless about the whole process and told me to just charge the day pass and they will take off the charge.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: SPG
Did you call the Customer Service line or the Concierge line for the United Club membership? I called the CS line and they kept on telling me to contact United for the Club membership. I told them this has nothing to do with United, but a lounge access JP Morgan provides for card holder. CSR seemed clueless about the whole process and told me to just charge the day pass and they will take off the charge.
I had the same experience. I called the CS line about making a payment and asked the lady about United lounge access and she said it wasn't offered. I didn't push the issue but might try concierge line if that's where others had their luck.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:58 am
Suspended

In case anyone is wondering ... there was only one pull from Transunion.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:58 am

That probably depends on your home location bravek. When I applied for CSP, they pulled Experian here in Texas.

Here is my theory for the Palladium Approvals at the moment:

1) If you have a good/excellent credit (720-760 or higher) and have a "thick" profile, meaning they can see you are a high roller, and have demonstrated credit management at high $$ levels, they will push PB on you.

2) If you have 780+ scores and thin-moderate profile, they might approve after arbitration and this is the loophole that might be intentionally "open" at the moment. They do need to build up the base in order to justify partnerships with hotels/airlines/other travel segments and compete with the Amex clientele.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.