Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by AmexCent
I guess it's YMMV, I kept getting pushed to PB. Am in the process of setting up an account now.
They keep pushing you just to establish a PB relationship or to establish it and to fund it with $5MM?
Old May 7, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
My rather cynical idea is that they have much more data on each person than they would ever admit. I don't have a basis for this, other than that when I called to change my PIN #, they asked me (for verification) where Mrs. HH went to medical school, what license she holds, and her height. Given we've never had a Chase card before, and given the amazingly short application, I'm rather stunned that they were able to discern this data so quickly.
There are a whole bunch of reports (not credit reports) out there with this type of data and it isn't that difficult to gather. I wouldn't be too freaked out about it, if I were you.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
JP Morgan Palladium Card

Just finished a call with a Wealth Management rep from Arizona. Basically he confirmed that he has submitted the Palladium card app for me after I put in 500K. Apparently, the 5M thing is just bluffing. But this guy told me it's a one time exception, he did it because one of my friends knows his manager. He said they would expect me to increase the fund to 5M GRADUALLY. Now that's an interesting way of putting it.

My FICO score, according to Equifax, is 790 something. But I did put in a 7 figure income in the application. Don't know if that is what trigger ed all the PB stuff even after the fax-in.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Don't know if that is what trigger ed all the PB stuff even after the fax-in.
Did you use an address outside the 50 states?
Old May 7, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Success!

A big thanks to all in this thread. Faxed in my application (to the non-PB, 877 fax number) on Friday afternoon, and got a call this morning from a nice woman in the "lending department". She double checked my credit history with me, asked a few questions about my business, and said I was approved. No PB involvement at all.

Thanks, FT! ^
Old May 7, 2012, 9:12 am

Does anyone else get the United Club membership recently? I called again and still got a rock.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
Approved on Friday after faxing app. No PB mentioned by the lady that called, verified income, employment and how much credit I wanted and it was done.

thanks
Old May 7, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Does anyone else get the United Club membership recently? I called again and still got a rock.
It took me four phone calls, but I finally got some one who knew about the United Club benefit.

If they just explain the Priority Pass, have them put you on hold and ask a supervisor or another co-worker.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Delta Silver Medallion
Just got approved for the Palladium as well

Yay! I had to trade in my CSP and Mileage plus that I got 2 weeks ago...but I figured, I can just apply for the CSP Master later this year and get the sign up bonus. Understand the door is closing in for the non-PB applicants. Mind you, I do work for JPMorgan so maybe it was easier?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:37 am

I am trying to decide between applying for the Palladium and the JP Morgan Ritz Carlton rewards card. Prior to the United Club benefit, the RC rewards card was a no-brainer. Here is my analysis now:

Hotel status:
-RC: Marriot/RC Gold also free club uprages on rack rates at Ritz Carltons
-Palladium: GHA Black

-For my usage, the Marriott status is much more valuable, so clear advantage to the RC card.

Lounge Access:
-RC: Lounge Club + free guest
-Palladium: United Club and Lounge Club + free guest

-Advantage Palladium

Airline perks:
-RC: $200 fee reimbursement
-Palladium: none

-Advantage RC Rewards

Conceirge
-Push...I've called both numbers, and they have both confirmed that the same concierge service handles both cards.

"Cool" Factor:
-Advantage Palladium...though this is not that big of a deal to me.

-RC: 50000 Marriott Reward points
-Palladium - none

-Advantage RC Rewards

Annual Fee:
-RC Rewards = $400
-Palladium = $600

-Advantage RC Rewards

So even with the United Club membership, the RC Rewards card still comes out ahead in my book (as I don't fly United enough to justify the full cost of the membership, but it would be nice to have). The lower annual fee, $200 reimbursement, and Marriott Gold status are what puts it ahead.

But...I'm still kind of buying that Chase/JP Morgan will continue to add perks to the Palladium, and that I should get on board before it is too late.

Has anyone had any other success on inquiring with the concierge about getting United perks or Marriott/Ritz Carlton Status perks? Or has anyone asked about rental car perks?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JustinTI
-RC: $200 fee reimbursement

-RC Rewards = $400
-Palladium = $600
The combination of the lower annual fee plus the $200 reimbursement would seem to offset the cost of buying a separate UA or US club membership?
Old May 7, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by fueldude
It took me four phone calls, but I finally got some one who knew about the United Club benefit.

If they just explain the Priority Pass, have them put you on hold and ask a supervisor or another co-worker.
Thanks. Btw, have you actually received the UC kit with membership card and everything?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by JustinTI
Hotel status:
-RC: Marriot/RC Gold also free club uprages on rack rates at Ritz Carltons
-Palladium: GHA Black
-For my usage, the Marriott status is much more valuable, so clear advantage to the RC card.
If you want to stay at RC, the Palladium concierge told me they would give me upgrade at time of booking.
Free club upgrades aren't that hot because the rate is very restrictive.
If you want to stay in the regular Marriott, the RC card is better. Gold won't get you much, anyway.

Conceirge
-Push...I've called both numbers, and they have both confirmed that the same concierge service handles both cards.
If you don't have the card, how do they take your call? Everytime I called, they automatically pulled up all of my info. They always greeted me with "... Palladium Concierge ...." I suspect the phone number will route the call to the correct department.

-RC: 50000 Marriott Reward points
-Palladium - none
-Advantage RC Rewards
The RC will be there in a year in two years, you can apply anytime. The Palladium might not be easily obtained in the future. Without the pdf, good luck getting the CSR to give you one.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, JPM
Thanks. Btw, have you actually received the UC kit with membership card and everything?
Not yet. I had to send them my billing/shipping addresses. They said it would take a couple of weeks for United to mail me my membership kit. It almost sounded as if they were "purchasing" me a membership and taking care of the bill and having the information sent to me.

I don't have any travel coming up for a few weeks, but I assume, I could give my MP number if I needed in before I received my card.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 am

If you want to stay at RC, the Palladium concierge told me they would give me upgrade at time of booking.
Free club upgrades aren't that hot because the rate is very restrictive.
If you want to stay in the regular Marriott, the RC card is better. Gold won't get you much, anyway.
That's good to know a/b the Ritz Carlton confirmed upgrade. And I'd somewhat disagree that Marriott Gold doesn't get much. It appears that it would be pretty useful internationally, especially when combined with a 25% LNF rate discount, which i have had very good success with.

If you don't have the card, how do they take your call?
As soon as they answered, I just explained my situation - that I don't have a card currently but am considering getting one of the two JP Morgan cards.

The RC will be there in a year in two years, you can apply anytime. The Palladium might not be easily obtained in the future.
That is the only reason I am seriously considering paying the extra $400 bucks for the Palladium. If the card added Marriott status, free bags/priority access on UA (low level status would be even better), a good car rental status (Avis President's Club?), Hyatt perks, or really any combination of those, it would be much easier to justify the cost. But as is, it is tough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.