Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Add in the screwy rules regarding their AA partnership, and who in their right mind in the US would belong to this program?
To answer your question - me. I've never touched BA metal but thru the years I've earned over 200K BA miles (mostly via Diners Club 100% and later 50% bonus mileage redemption promos). I've redeemed all of my miles for approx a half dozen coach saver R/T tix (35K each) from the eastern US to Hawaii, no fuel surcharges of course and as I recall taxes and fees were never more than $15 or so. The bottom line is the BA Executive Club has been very good to me.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by yanxfann
To answer your question - me. I've never touched BA metal but thru the years I've earned over 200K BA miles (mostly via Diners Club 100% and later 50% bonus mileage redemption promos). I've redeemed all of my miles for approx a half dozen coach saver R/T tix (35K each) from the eastern US to Hawaii, no fuel surcharges of course and as I recall taxes and fees were never more than $15 or so. The bottom line is the BA Executive Club has been very good to me.
Yeah, I was thinking that that might be the best reward for me in this scenario. How hard is it to redeem BAEC miles for AA flights from the eastern US to Hawaii?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by DHAST
How hard is it to redeem BAEC miles for AA flights from the eastern US to Hawaii?
To be honest my experience has been that it's not easy. That being said it's not impossible if you are very flexible, I did a quick look for a 1-way from Tampa to HNL for Jan 22 (an arbitrary date I picked after the Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Years rush when travel should be quieted down) and this is the first thing that it found:

Outbound - Sunday 24 January 2010
Flight 06:00

24 Jan
07:45

24 Jan
Tampa Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas) AA1935

American Airlines
Economy
11:10

24 Jan
15:40

24 Jan
Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas) Honolulu AA0123

American Airlines
Economy

17500BA Miles

plus

$ 5.00
Price breakdown

* The price of your ticket includes a security, insurance and fuel surcharge per flight levied by the carrier.

More details

Conditions of carriage

Passenger Total BA Miles Price per person Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges* per person Inclusive total
1Adult 17500 $ 0.00 $ 5.00 $ 5.00

The thing that shocked me was this statement, "Only 7 reward flight seat(s) left in this class" - I expected it to be one, may two max.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:49 pm

Called the back door phone number listed in the previous page. The automated message said "under review" and the rep i got on the phone said me application was denied. Reason "my credit report history did not reflect or substaniate my stated income" I have a 780 FICO with a 25K american express and a 15K chase credit line already. Zero balance on both of those cards. I offered to fax in bank statements to prove my income but to no avail. Whatever, best of luck to all of you.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I think if AA.com shows MileSAAver availability then BA should be able to book your award flight. AFAIK, BA use Amadeus to make the bookings, just like AA (and QF, IB, AY, MA, LA). It appeared to work for a couple random AA flights I looked up.

If AA has inventory in the award class you're looking for (ZUT for FJY), then I'm sure any of the OW airlines should be able to get that seat for you.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by tru2logan
Called the back door phone number listed in the previous page. The automated message said "under review" and the rep i got on the phone said me application was denied. Reason "my credit report history did not reflect or substaniate my stated income" I have a 780 FICO with a 25K american express and a 15K chase credit line already. Zero balance on both of those cards. I offered to fax in bank statements to prove my income but to no avail. Whatever, best of luck to all of you.

That sucks!!!

I just called the other 800 number and got the 2 weeks message for both me and my husband's SSNs.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I assumed there was somebody out there milking it.

But I was actually talking about US citizens joining BAEC for purposes of crediting their flight miles. There have obviously been some non-flight accrual reasons to join -- just like all of us are doing now!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Has anyone gotten the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" email and NOT gotten approved for the card yet?

I and Mrs. Flyinbells applied Nov. 7, credit inquiry pulled yesterday, Exec. club email today, but I called the 800 number and it's still stating notification by mail for decision.

This is the one time I'd REALLY like to get a miles rewards card.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Baker, would you care to share the reason for the decline? was it Chase or credit related? Did they give you a number to call to request more information (or possibly see if you could get a reconsideration)?
"Not enough time has passed since your last account with us was opened"
This was an interesting reason because the only recent account opened was a Chase Business checking account combined with a Continental Airlines ATM debit card.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by nsr
You should try and call this # 888-245-0625 . It's chase lending operation department, kind of a back door. Like you, the phone message for me was saying "we'll notify you in 7-10 business days". Then, I received a letter from chase denying a chase credit card, so I called this number for reconsideration. The rep checked the application again, I told him I don't mind a low CL and he resubmitted it. Couple of days later, the phone message changed to approved with a low CL ^
Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:00 pm

I'm not holding much hope for mine. Phone message indicates that it's still under review, and I applied on the 11/8. It normally doesn't take that long.

The things that may be going against me is 1) I canceled the Chase United card earlier this year and 2) I had applied for a few AA cards earlier this year so they could deny me for the number of recent inquiries.

Other than that, I don't know why Chase hasn't approved my app. I'm a good credit risk In fact, I just got a pre-screened/pre-approved offer from Amex Gold. It'd be a bit of a bummer if I get denied, because as someone said earlier, this is one card offer I'd really like to get!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by tru2logan
This kind of BS happens all the time. Your credit report doesn't show what your income is and even if it did, they ask for household income which could be substantially different from your individual income.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
To be honest my experience has been that it's not easy. That being said it's not impossible if you are very flexible, I did a quick look for a 1-way from Tampa to HNL for Jan 22 (an arbitrary date I picked after the Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Years rush when travel should be quieted down) and this is the first thing that it found:

Outbound - Sunday 24 January 2010
Flight 06:00

24 Jan
07:45

24 Jan
Tampa Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas) AA1935

American Airlines
Economy
11:10

24 Jan
15:40

24 Jan
Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas) Honolulu AA0123

American Airlines
Economy

17500BA Miles

plus

$ 5.00
Price breakdown

* The price of your ticket includes a security, insurance and fuel surcharge per flight levied by the carrier.

More details

Conditions of carriage

Passenger Total BA Miles Price per person Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges* per person Inclusive total
1Adult 17500 $ 0.00 $ 5.00 $ 5.00

The thing that shocked me was this statement, "Only 7 reward flight seat(s) left in this class" - I expected it to be one, may two max.
Yeah. ExpertFlyer show T7 (milesaver) for both of your outbound flights TPA-DFW-HNL.
8 days later for a return flight HNL-DFW =T2 DFW-TPA =T7
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I used my Chase userID info to fill out the application. I can see the new BA card info online at chase.com.

FWIW, it looks like the Visa Signature card, but I can't say for sure
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I used my Chase userID info to fill out the application. I can see the new BA card info online at chase.com.

FWIW, it looks like the Visa Signature card, but I can't say for sure
the card is now listed on my chase online acct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.