Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by arlingtonflyer
Did anybody else apply for the card, get a letter requesting additional information (IE. copy of your social security card), then get the card in the mail a few days later (even though the proof of having a social security card was not sent in)?
Yes, this happened to my son. Not sure if his info is still needed or not.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
My first statement closed on 12/19 and I see the 2,598 spend miles AND the 50,000 for first use bonus but NOT the other 50,000 miles for already spending over $2k....I was under the impression that all 100k miles post immediately if you spend over $2k in your first statement...Thoughts?
Yes, the 100k miles posted immediately on my BA account after I spent over $2k (excluding the $75 fee!) during my first statement period.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
My first statement closed on 12/19 and I see the 2,598 spend miles AND the 50,000 for first use bonus but NOT the other 50,000 miles for already spending over $2k....I was under the impression that all 100k miles post immediately if you spend over $2k in your first statement...Thoughts?
Originally Posted by USAFAN
Yes, the 100k miles posted immediately on my BA account after I spent over $2k (excluding the $75 fee!) during my first statement period.
gpapadop, same situation here. T&C say 6-8 weeks and other reports on this forum suggest a batch disbursement. I will wait until the next statement to worry. If you are anxious, send a secure message through the Chase website.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:49 am

Like others, I was curious how much redemptions would cost flying BA versus others. Here are a few examples I found:
(All redeeming BA miles)

SFO-ATL on AA = 25,000 miles + $10.00
SFO-LHR on BA = 50,000 miles + 348.24
SFO-HKG (via NRT) on JL = 50,00 miles + 213.21
SFO-NRT on BA (Via LHR) = 60,000 miles + ?? cost (didn't have enough miles to for me to advance to pricing screen)

All for late January dates, with no stopovers.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
This is my first time utilizing credit card promotions to gain more miles. As I don't plan to be a long-term BA customer, when will be a good time for me to cancel the card and have minimal effect on my credit? Will 12 months be sufficient so that I don't have to pay the next annual fee?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
First 50K posted but not the second for me either. The statement just closed a few days ago, but no 50K bonus for the 2K spend yet.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by riant
This is my first time utilizing credit card promotions to gain more miles. As I don't plan to be a long-term BA customer, when will be a good time for me to cancel the card and have minimal effect on my credit? Will 12 months be sufficient so that I don't have to pay the next annual fee?
Age of accounts is a factor in your credit score, so if you don't plan to keep the card long term then closing just prior to your next annual fee is optimal for your score.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
I got home from vacation to find:

(1) A request for a copy of my social security card, and proof of residence, with the indication that if these are not received in 30 days my application will be denied.

(2) My card. I called and activated it, made the first purchase.

At this point, I don't intend to fulfill #1, since I have #2.

bd
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
BD, if U don't comply, Chase may cancel your card. Or they may have changed their mind. U should call Chase to ask if they still need any documents from U.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by boomdog

(1) A request for a copy of my social security card, and proof of residence, with the indication that if these are not received in 30 days my application will be denied.

bd
I got #1 but not #2. I complied with #1 and am still waiting.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boomdog

bd
You should call Chase Fraud Alert to ask if they still need the info.

Otherwise they can freeze your account. This happened to us a year or so ago that we ignored a message left on our answering machine regarding a new card as the card had already arrived when we came home from a trip. A few days after we activated the card and used it, the account disappeared from Chase Online. When we called to find out what was going on, the CSR said the account was frozen by Fraud Alert Dept. He transferred us to them and the matter was cleared up on the phone.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 28, 2009 at 7:54 pm
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Originally Posted by Brendan
BD, if U don't comply, Chase may cancel your card. Or they may have changed their mind. U should call Chase to ask if they still need any documents from U.
All,

Thanks for the advice.

I called the card activation folks, and they said they don't need #1 (the s.s. card, etc.) any more, and not to bother.

Best,

bd
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by arlingtonflyer
Did anybody else apply for the card, get a letter requesting additional information (IE. copy of your social security card), then get the card in the mail a few days later (even though the proof of having a social security card was not sent in)?
This seems to have happened to a number of applicants who applied for the BA Visa while traveling outside of the US. Perhaps it was the IP addresses tied to the online application and named applicant that were used to trigger such requests.

Short of calling in and/or sending in the requested material, there's no guarantee that the card will come and the account allowed to remain open.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Me too! (Despite the fact that I had the BA card a few years ago)
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:28 pm

Applied - Dec. 16th
Approved - Dec. 19th
Card Received and Activated - Dec. 26th

Called and activated and verified with the rep that the card was attached to the 50,000/50,000 promo and she confirmed it was. I asked when the 90 days started for the second 50,000 and she said the account was opened on the 9th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.