FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

sanchari Nov 6, 2009 9:47 am

Originally Posted by sat45 (Post 12778689)
Hi,
I stumbled across thos board and I love it. This is my first post.

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them.. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA_class_codes

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 10:00 am

Hi,

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them.. :)

Welcome to FT.

You can still apply for a separate card for your wife. The additional card member is an authorized user based on your account, not a co-applicant.

The best place I can offer for learning is to start here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/newuser/

whynotgo Nov 6, 2009 10:01 am

Hi,

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?

sat45,

Welcome to Flyertalk! Sometimes the jargon can become overwhelming but your case is simple.

Try this link (by the way I found it by Googling, (british airways fare codes), "Google is your friend".

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...asses_%28BA%29

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 10:02 am

Hi,

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?

It's a 12 month period from your card anniversary.

mia Nov 6, 2009 10:22 am

pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?

Credit card annual fees are not calculated on a calendar year basis. You be billed $75 now, and this fee will recur each year in November.

jamienbaker Nov 6, 2009 10:56 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 12778299)
Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?

It was for me yesterday, got 3 JFK-HKG-DPS award seats for passengers with no status.

lucky9876coins Nov 6, 2009 10:56 am

So I've found some threads which indicate that one can only apply for a Chase card every six months. I applied for one in July, so I guess I'll have to wait. Any practical experience that would suggest otherwise?

This is one heck of an offer!^

jamienbaker Nov 6, 2009 10:58 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 12778299)
Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?

...though I should add BA miles can only be spent on household members, so if your plan is to gift a trip to a colleague (for example), they'd have to live with you. Flame me if this has recently changed...

Grasshopper Nov 6, 2009 11:09 am

FYI - duck and cover due to incoming newbies. This is getting big pub on SlickDeals and I'm assuming other deal websites, so anticipate a bunch of new traffic on the site. Everyone be nice now. ;)

H/T to the OP and thanks for all the info.

elshagon Nov 6, 2009 11:24 am

Slickdeals newbie here :D one quick question: I'm a nonmember to the Executive Club, must I wait until November 16 to sign up or has it worked for anyone using the link provided? I'm looking forward to using this forum and can't believe I just found it!

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by elshagon (Post 12779308)
Slickdeals newbie here :D one quick question: I'm a nonmember to the Executive Club, must I wait until November 16 to sign up or has it worked for anyone using the link provided? I'm looking forward to using this forum and can't believe I just found it!

Welcome.

You can sign up for EC right now if you want. But, by using the link and applying, Chase will automatically sign you up for a EC account.

ToSRQ Nov 6, 2009 11:33 am

Question: My next overseas trip will probably be somewhere in the Pacific region -- is it mandatory to fly on BA metal or is there a partner I could fly with for the same amount of miles?

mikeef Nov 6, 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker (Post 12779150)
...though I should add BA miles can only be spent on household members, so if your plan is to gift a trip to a colleague (for example), they'd have to live with you. Flame me if this has recently changed...

How many people are living with you now? ;)

Mike

CalvaryMike Nov 6, 2009 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 12779208)
FYI - duck and cover due to incoming newbies. This is getting big pub on SlickDeals and I'm assuming other deal websites, so anticipate a bunch of new traffic on the site. Everyone be nice now. ;)

H/T to the OP and thanks for all the info.

Yup, just wait until this hits FatWallet! A matter of minutes. Yikes!

rrgg Nov 6, 2009 12:07 pm

This is a great offer if you get the 2-for-1 voucher, but it will help to review the BA award chart before making assumptions about the value of 100k miles alone. There are good values, but also expensive ones you might not expect. For example, US-SYD is 140k in economy. First class US-Europe is 150k-180k. Also look at the distance-based award charts.