FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

abcx Nov 5, 2009 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 12770079)

You are comparing apple to orange. The OW award is DIFFERENT from the All-Airlines award. The Star A's 80K is the equivalent to AA's All-Airlines award which is 90K in Y, (45K oneway) higher than 80K for Star A, but lower than 100K for OW award.

OW award is a unique award for AA - there is no equivalent.
The rules are totally different from the more well-understood All-Airlines award.

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 12770090)

Hmm. I see. How much would redeeming BA miles for AA only tickets cost me US-Europe/South Asia/Australia? This page wants me to call BA. :( I imagine it would be cheaper than the oneworld two partner airlines/three airlines one of which is BA awards?

Anyone have an answer to my question above?

Thanks

Mr. Bean Nov 5, 2009 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 12773561)
Anyone have an answer to my question above?

Thanks

For one thing, you can't redeem BA miles for AA TATL and AA does not fly its own metal to Australia.

For South Asia, AA only flies to DEL. I don't know the rate that BA would charge for that.

If you live on the west coast, you might consider an OW award instead and going TPAC (AA/CX/JL combos), then compare to what BA quotes you for flying AA TATL to India.

philemer Nov 5, 2009 3:05 pm

The offer is now on the BA website. Click on "Executive Club" and then "News and offers" and then the picture of the Visa card. I'm glad the US Mint coin deal isn't completely dead yet.

RedSox Nov 5, 2009 3:16 pm

Here is a direct link.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin

Here's the bad news.

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

rrgg Nov 5, 2009 3:20 pm

I logged in at BA.com but didn't see any indication of when the limited time offer will end. Was that noted in the original email?

tanzaniancane Nov 5, 2009 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RedSox (Post 12774606)
[
This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

Quick question if anyone has ideas about this - does this mean any previous chase account makes one ineligible or just a previous chase account with a BA credit card? Just trying to figure out what they mean by cardmember vs account. Thanks!

RedSox Nov 5, 2009 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by tanzaniancane (Post 12774690)
Quick question if anyone has ideas about this - does this mean any previous chase account makes one ineligible or just a previous chase account with a BA credit card? Just trying to figure out what they mean by cardmember vs account. Thanks!

It would be pretty dirty if it was any existing account, but I understand your caution. I would have to go with a BA associated Chase card.

PedroNY Nov 5, 2009 3:49 pm

thank you

thank you for the post, it is very very exciting.

is this offer live? i heard it would be live on Friday for BA customers and in two weeks for non-BA customers.

Does anyone know what agency Chase credit card pull will be hitting (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion)? I am on the East Coast (NJ/NY) if that matters.

Thank you,

PedroNY

jkoenig51 Nov 5, 2009 3:53 pm

I am in florida and its equifax,same as citi.I have alot of equifax pulls and this will kill my citi churing

mikeef Nov 5, 2009 3:54 pm

It won't let me erase a second cardholder. Grr.

Mike

j3brooklyn Nov 5, 2009 3:59 pm

Applied using the link supplied above. After submitting my info I got a new window:
REQUEST COMPLETE
Your credit card application certificate has been received and we will be sending you a response via US Mail within 15 days

Hope this is what others are getting.

nic3456 Nov 5, 2009 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn (Post 12774868)
Applied using the link supplied above. After submitting my info I got a new window:
REQUEST COMPLETE
Your credit card application certificate has been received and we will be sending you a response via US Mail within 15 days

That's the message I got....I also just realized I applied for the Chase Sapphire 4 months ago. Saw on another board something about 1 app per 6 months with Chase? Nothing in the terms so I hope I'm ok.

mikeef Nov 5, 2009 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn (Post 12774868)
REQUEST COMPLETE

Ditto.

Mike

justind Nov 5, 2009 4:07 pm

Could someone supply a link to the page, I'm getting nothing following the click on "executive club" "news and offers route" Thanks.

--JD

j3brooklyn Nov 5, 2009 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by justind (Post 12774909)
Could someone supply a link to the page, I'm getting nothing following the click on "executive club" "news and offers route" Thanks.

--JD

Originally Posted by RedSox (Post 12774606)