FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

moondog Nov 20, 2009 11:53 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 12853696)
Well I got my CC today, only bad thing is it has my BA acct# on it, why is that bad cause I left it blank on purpose so that a new BA # would be given so thatw ay I would get teh full bonus of 100K. I had the CC in the past.

You should be fine because BA Helper has gone on record stating that previous cardholders qualify for the full bonus.

bsb21 Nov 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims (Post 12853725)
Every payment on every revolving credit card in my report has been paid in full every month. I'm not sure I see how that they would be able to determine my income from that.

I agree. I pay in full every month and use only about 7% of my credit on average (under 10% is good).

yidyb Nov 20, 2009 12:23 pm

nice experience with ba chase card

i applied for the BA signature credit card 2 weeks before the 100k offer came out and i was approved for the BA card but not signature one so i only got 20k not 30k when i called up to activate my card i asked the rep if there is any way i can get the 100k promo without opening a new one and closing the one i just received i told him since i just missed the great offer and i am a good chase bank holder and have a united card with chase if he can do something for me
the rep replied he will forward my request to the marketing dep. i figured maybe he will and maybe not
i was surprised i got a letter in the mail today replying to my request and they declined to offer me the 100k deal but they gave me an additional 25k
u was very surprised.
have a nice weekend
yidyb

fti Nov 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 12853696)
Well I got my CC today, only bad thing is it has my BA acct# on it, why is that bad cause I left it blank on purpose so that a new BA # would be given so thatw ay I would get teh full bonus of 100K. I had the CC in the past.

I will still do the $2k just in case , since I dont want to chance it that I could have gotten it had I charged the $2k. Yea I can wait and see if the 1st 50k comes thru but by then its very iffy if I will have enough time to get the full 2k spent and in before the 93 day deadline of which 12 days have already ticked off the clock.

My original plan was get the full 100k, CX the CC, then call BA and have both accts combined. Now all I may end up with is 2k in miles and 2k less in *W pts

My BA executive club number was on my card too, but only because I already had an account, not a credit card, with them.

Hopefully it will work out for you.

sharka Nov 20, 2009 1:01 pm

Every payment on every revolving credit card in my report has been paid in full every month. I'm not sure I see how that they would be able to determine my income from that.

Perhaps indirectly,
remember on the application, you had to fill in whether you had savings and checking accts and these often have employer info/salary with them. This info could be linked somehow on their computers.

airb330 Nov 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Notenut (Post 12852284)
I decided to call the 888-609-7805 number to check on the status of my app. and am glad I did. I spoke to a person who originally told me that the app. was denied- I forget the exact verbage- because of not having enough credit with the bank. What she meant was there was too much credit already out there on several Chase cards. She asked permission to close out one card I don't use and rearrange the credit limits on a couple of other cards. After a few minutes on hold, voila! I was approved. If I hadn't called I might have just received a denial letter.

Same here. Some of my cards had too high of a limit anyway, so I had no problem shuffling it around. Hopefully it comes soon.

Spainontheair Nov 20, 2009 2:20 pm

I believe some people said that they had the 1st year fee waived. I have just received an activated my card. I called Chase, and when I mentioned to the CSR about waiving the fee for the 1st year, she said it was not possible.

Can anyone confirm that they actually had the $75 fee waived for the 1st year?

I am going to call back, but I just want to be sure before I do it.

Thanks,

Called again, and was confirmed that they would not waive the fee for the 1st year.

WAY TO GO CHASE!!. Now as soon as I spend $2,000 and get my bonus, I will cancel my card. I spend over $50,000/year on Amex Skymiles that I was planning to move to this card, but since they have already confirmed that I'm a second class customer for them, I'll keep my business where I feel it is appreciated.

adamak Nov 20, 2009 2:59 pm

I applied day 1, but still pending after 2 weeks. So I called today, and decreased my limit on other Chase cards. Now approved!

I love FT.

tkelvin69 Nov 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Spainontheair (Post 12854570)
I believe some people said that they had the 1st year fee waived. I have just received an activated my card. I called Chase, and when I mentioned to the CSR about waiving the fee for the 1st year, she said it was not possible.

Can anyone confirm that they actually had the $75 fee waived for the 1st year?

I am going to call back, but I just want to be sure before I do it.

Thanks,

Called again, and was confirmed that they would not waive the fee for the 1st year.

WAY TO GO CHASE!!. Now as soon as I spend $2,000 and get my bonus, I will cancel my card. I spend over $50,000/year on Amex Skymiles that I was planning to move to this card, but since they have already confirmed that I'm a second class customer for them, I'll keep my business where I feel it is appreciated.

Mine was waived per the CSR and it doesn't show on the charges (but only opened for a few days). I'd suggest not making a huge deal out of this as it was part of the T&C you agreed to and it might result in an audit of all recent new accounts and charging to all the annual fee.

Harrii Nov 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 12854762)
Mine was waived per the CSR and it doesn't show on the charges (but only opened for a few days). I'd suggest not making a huge deal out of this as it was part of the T&C you agreed to and it might result in an audit of all recent new accounts and charging to all the annual fee.

My annual fee was not waived either. I spoke with 2 different CSR's and both repeated the same. However, one CSR did mention that it was waived for few customers and she could not do anything in my case. Is there a trend where the annual fee for a specific card is waived while it is not for others? Mine is a Visa signature. Did anyone who received Visa Signature got their annual fee waived?

jkjkmc Nov 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Anything she can do?????

My daughter applied for the card. She is 18, works a fulltime job and met the min. income to apply. She lives at home, no debt. She has had a checking acct. since she was 13 and has never had a problem. She bought a car at 15 but took a loan from a private loan from a family member and repaid it on time. She has no credit. She has about $4K in the bank.

She called the "back door" number and was told since she has no credit, she was denied. Is there anything she can do? Does anyone have any sugestions? Im all ears!

Mike243254 Nov 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Called and was denied.

I have roughly 740 credit score. The rep said it was because of my short history (3 years), amount of accounts opened in the past year, and the amount of inquiries. I churn 2 Citi cards every 2 months. Anybody else who churns cards get denied?

deltame Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm

I don't understand why people make such a big deal of the annual fee - its part of the T&C we agreed to and most of us would likely consider it an extremely good deal in consideration of the 100K miles.

To the poster below, I'd hazard a guess that even if Chase waived your 1st year fee you'd still jump on another great card offer provided spending on the other card is more favorable to you. Chase wouldn't care one way or another. If you have extremely large amounts of accounts or annual spending with them, talk your private banker at Chase and that might make a difference in your credit card fee structure.

Originally Posted by Spainontheair (Post 12854570)

michelle227 Nov 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Which is why I indicated that limits may also play a role in the equations. There ARE reasonable inferences about income that may be made through limits and spending patterns.

Harrii Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by deltame (Post 12855001)
I don't understand why people make such a big deal of the annual fee - its part of the T&C we agreed to and most of us would likely consider it an extremely good deal in consideration of the 100K miles.

Yes, I agree that the information about annual fee is in the T&C and we agreed to this fee while applying for the card. However, it makes more sense if Chase has the same yard stick for all the approved card members. It doesn't make sense when they arbitrarily waive for some cards and don't waive for the rest. I am sure waiving the fee is not under the control of the CSRs. It is being automatically done in the credit card system. Probably it is determined by the type of the card (Visa signature or Visa platinum). It would be good if we can have some data points on this.