FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 7:22 am

Originally Posted by jdrumm95 (Post 12776392)
from the offer page:
"You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established."

I assume this means if you are only approved for the Platinum card then you will not get the goodies we are all wanting?

Originally Posted by mikeef (Post 12777617)
That's my assumption. No chicken, no check-in.

Mike

My bold..

I read that differently. I would argue (not with you:p) that the miles are a bonus to the offer, not a benefit. I have seen other offers that clearly state that if you are not approved for xx card you will be considered for xy card and the bonus offer is listed in the T&C because it's different. However with any banking offer, YMMV.

xp0 Nov 6, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks for the answer. After reading the British Airways Household Account information it seems pretty solid. Up to 6 people can accumulate miles together in the household so if My wife, brother, and I all sign up as living in our house that could be 300,000 miles right off the bat. Seems like a good deal to me!

*edit*
Do anyone know if I then later cancel my wife's CC ... do all those miles get wiped out of the "pooled" miles of the household account or do I get to keep them? Id hate to sign us both up .... then start only using one of the cards and cancel the other only to loose 100,000 of those miles.

Thanks!

adamak Nov 6, 2009 8:03 am

Should I wait or jump in? I applied for 2 AA cards in the past 2 months. Already 2 pulls.

trm2 Nov 6, 2009 8:12 am

Can someone tell me why I shouldn't do this? I'm not worried about credit or a pull. 100k miles for next to nothing?

chewy3 Nov 6, 2009 8:19 am

My guess is that they are offering such an amazing bonus because BA is in financial trouble so they agreed to sell a large amount of miles to Chase on the cheap.

mia Nov 6, 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by RedSox (Post 12777860)
...miles are a bonus to the offer, not a benefit.

Agreed, most card issuers draw a distinction between rewards (tied to spending) and benefits (inherent in the card). The distinction is blurred at the margins when there are benefits tied to spending thresholds, but this seems unambiguous.

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by adamak (Post 12778094)
Should I wait or jump in? I applied for 2 AA cards in the past 2 months. Already 2 pulls.

It says it's a limited time offer but has no expiration date.

I also got 2-Citi AA cards about 2-3 months ago but have solid credit.

However, approval standards can be a moving target, so if denied for any reason I'll call Chase underwriting and ask them to reallocate a credit line from one of my existing cards and more than likely they will approve.

The other outcome could be: declined Mr. RedSox, and oh...and by the way we reduced the CL on your Chase Rewards card from 45k to $500. Thank you for doing business with Chase.

yosithezet Nov 6, 2009 8:37 am

Anything special we should know about redemption for those of us without status on BA? Should it be easy to use these miles for say a CX flight?

manuvns Nov 6, 2009 9:02 am

regarding the fuel surcharge listed on the page . Is it one way or round trip ?
I was looking at fuel surahcarge on India ticket . It says

4For Economy tickets originating USA/Canada to India (via London) the surcharge is USD 182.
For Economy tickets originating India to USA/Canada (via London) the surcharge is USD 157.

dnfuss Nov 6, 2009 9:03 am

Just went on BA website and this promotion still does not appear.

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 9:23 am

Originally Posted by dnfuss (Post 12778445)
Just went on BA website and this promotion still does not appear.

It's in the Executive Club section under News and Offers. You will need to sign in to BA to see it.

Or you can save that step and use this link.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin

sanchari Nov 6, 2009 9:25 am

No Instant approval?

Just submitted an app & a page that said "response within 15-30 days via us mail" appeared .

Consistent with what others are seeing ?

whynotgo Nov 6, 2009 9:28 am

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 12778589)
Just submitted an app & a page that said "response within 15-30 days via us mail" appeared .

I just got the response. I also am curious if others are getting this response. Did anyone get immediate approval?

RedSox Nov 6, 2009 9:36 am

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 12778589)

Welcome to FT.

Yes, this is consistent with what others are reporting.

sat45 Nov 6, 2009 9:44 am

Hi,
I stumbled across thos board and I love it. This is my first post.

After reading the pages, I applied for this card with additional card member as my wife. But now I realise that...family pool is not an additional card member. So, can I call and cancel my wife's additional card and then apply for her on her own and then merge. Will this cause any issues?

I also don't understand Y, S, YG, etc, etc segment terminology you guys are using. Anywhere to learn them.. :)

Also, Do we have to pay the $75 for this year, even though we hvae barely 2 months left in this year. Or is this pro-rated?