Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inbound to Hong Kong COVID-19 Quarantine & Restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
There is nothing more to do after vaccination.
Asia Pacific governments are good at finding any excuse to dawdle or prevent us from having any fun in our lives. I said talk is cheap. Actually inaction is cheaper.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Asia Pacific governments are good at finding any excuse to dawdle or prevent us from having any fun in our lives. I said talk is cheap. Actually inaction is cheaper.
they don't care about your life, or your "fun". only GDP matters
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:45 pm

Programs: Alaska
I am surprised that you have not chosen to migrate to the free world and enjoy their hundreds of thousands of COVID deaths.

Unfortunately, you don't get to enjoy the benefit of both worlds.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: Alaska
Despite the recent statements, including apparently living with the virus, I wouldn't be as optimistic. Talk is cheap.

NDP will be physical event and allows fully vaccinated spectators.

I would say that’s great progress in one and half month.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
News on the 7-day quarantine for vaccinated pax?
Most interested to know if they have started antibodies test on arrival (i left before the announcement of the 3-month test validity).
Old Jul 3, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by brunos
News on the 7-day quarantine for vaccinated pax?
Most interested to know if they have started antibodies test on arrival (i left before the announcement of the 3-month test validity).
7-day quaratine for positive antibody test started on 30 June, for travellers got their result at labs in Hong Kong before departing (and returning). on arrival antibody test "should start in July", but given the efficiency of HK govt... who knows...
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:23 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by percysmith
We don't and will not vote in the government, remember? National priorities have paramountcy.

(devils advocate though, how many subnational governments prioritise opening to the world compared to opening up domestic travel?)
I echo that. Indeed as evident from the most recent statements from Macau that they have to "聯防聯控" ("controlling the pandemic together") with mainland China meaning that ultimately whether HK can open to international communities is not a simple matter. Hong Kong wants to mainland China and Macau to open up, but mainland China worries that the backdoor HK opens too much.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:05 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by royng
Hong Kong wants to mainland China and Macau to open up, but mainland China worries that the backdoor HK opens too much.
But I rather have my ID/PH domestic helpers (I don't hire any, but I don't want any of my colleagues to go down or decide to quit due to inability to get The Help) and subcontinent IT workers to keep my VPN running rather than my Haodilao fix or my missus to fix her SCB SZ account (not a priority anymore, she has my BoC HK Greater Bay Area to fund her Taobao).
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Is the Prenetics testing only for passengers departing HKG or is it available also to passengers during a layover on international connection?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by tcook052
Is the Prenetics testing only for passengers departing HKG or is it available also to passengers during a layover on international connection?
Departing passengers only. There is no testing facility for connecting passenger (but yes for arriving passengers).
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
Departing passengers only. There is no testing facility for connecting passenger (but yes for arriving passengers).
Departing passengers and anyone living in HK.
Tests are more expensive than in the community centers, but extremely efficient and fast.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by brunos
Departing passengers and anyone living in HK.
Tell me - who will go all the way to the airport for a COVID-19? Transportation cost isn't cheap...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
Tell me - who will go all the way to the airport for a COVID-19? Transportation cost isn't cheap...
I do.
If you live in Lantau, it is very far to get to a community testing center.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:04 pm

Some experts have called for HKG to ban fights from a particular country/carrier for 2 weeks if they carry 3 infected cases with VOC within 7 days.

Not sure what is the current criteria
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Some experts have called for HKG to ban fights from a particular country/carrier for 2 weeks if they carry 3 infected cases with VOC within 7 days.

Not sure what is the current criteria
that would effectively shut down 80-90% of the routes into Hong Kong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.