Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Originally Posted by watery
It's up to you and mileage depends on how you do it:
(1) either you book each way separately (and the whole SIN-HKG-KIX will be priced as ~3126mi/Zone Medium); or select return at PE then change one direction to J.
(2) if you book them online as separate 2 sets, you will effectively pay per leg; or you call in to book them, which shall be priced based on the following rule:

While I try on the booking engine for SIN-HKG-HND PE+J rt, system says SIN-HKG is changed to J (being 772) and the whole itinerary is priced as 82,000AM:

(excuse for showing in Chinese and different theme because I entered from the CX site)

which I deduce is calculated as:

--
Also, I retested JFK-JNB it returns CX JFK-HKG-JNB; however JFK-LHR only returns BA direct, same as what I recalled was the old behaviour.
I see. The whole SIN-HKG-HND roundtrip is 90,000 AM on J right? I only save < 10% if going multi cabin (provided seat is available haha)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:01 pm

So, I usually fly out early Aug from YYZ to HKG. I've been able to redeem J class tickets the past two years, no problem. And I'm usually able to waitlist... but I've noticed that a lot of dates are "full." Is this Cathay blocking the award spaces?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by abielp
I see. The whole SIN-HKG-HND roundtrip is 90,000 AM on J right? I only save < 10% if going multi cabin (provided seat is available haha)
​​​​​​SIN-HKG-KIX/HND/NRT is just above 2750nm so Medium Zone, so all J 90K and all PE 60K, and mixed cabin in between prorated depending how long in PE or J. My example shows -10% only coz just 1/4 in PE. In the old rule mixed cabin is always highest cabin price, so I'll call this (small) improved.
abielp likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by focusonskills
I think all awards on CX from economy to first are currently not showing online on BA/QF website. No idea when they're going to release the seats for partners.
Just did a random search on BA for TPE in the coming long weekend. There is Y availability but nothing in J.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
All cx J availability from Australia seems to have gone
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Redeemed a companion award last month but was placed on waitlist, despite numerous calls prior to June 22 it never cleared until this morning! UUUUgggghhhh....
Had the same experience, plus a bit more. In the end I gota call from them asking whether I would like to have the confirmed upgrade ticket issued now? This was on the 22nd, when the waitlisted outbound flight ws suddenly confirmed. I was then offered to upgrade at the original millage instead of the new millage requirements, saving 20000 miles.

Last edited by timesnaps; Jun 22, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:10 pm

Huge miles increased if would like to redeem japan port, required 228,000 for two return business class seat.

I still cannot get any so-called 50,000 business class seat
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:34 pm

I also noticed is very difficult to redeem CX seat with Avios now, CX/AM showing seat available but Avios returned zero
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: CX, BA
Some observations so far:

Choice/Tailored awards offer much more seats than standard when compared to P1 P2 and standard before.
The new systems always drifts you into choosing the more expensive choice/tailored seats.
The message box " you are changing your award type." is very annoying.
BA and QF still show zero PEY, J and F seats on any routes. Using SQ trick huh?
BA and QF also gets a reduced pool of Y seats.
CX states that in a return journey, if the outbound and inbound are different award types, ie outbound is standard and inbound is choice, it has to be ticketed as two one-way awards. While this might not be an issue in most parts of the world, it does affect those originating in HKG. Since YQ cannot be applied if the itinerary starts from HKG, separating it into two one-way means YQ is applied for the inbound (131hkd per sector as of today).
percysmith likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by marcommm
Some observations so far:
BA and QF still show zero PEY, J and F seats on any routes. Using SQ trick huh?
The availability quoted from BA and QF is likely a temporary issue stemming from the recent web site and Asia Miles changes. It would be interesting though if going forward, CX would restrict partner airline programs for access to CX J and F award redemptions, just as SQ restricts select J and F award availability for StarAlliance partner programs.
HaikalS likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Seems like all the IB awards are not searchable?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:29 am

so there's still no partner AWARD CHART ONE CARRIER????
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:40 am

For BA flights (at least) there used to be a calendar and it would tell you the fees even if you didn't have enough miles in your account, now I can't get either to show up. ....
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:51 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wtcmor
All cx J availability from Australia seems to have gone
I think they have never been there
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:33 am

Seems AM lock out some flight if you trying to redeem mixed class awards

If you made mixed class awards booking, you only able to choice two KA flight.
But if you made another search, 18/7 TPE->HKG J std is wide open

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.