Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX QF
Originally Posted by mike814
PSA phone lines are open
I can't get through. What number did you use?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr GV
I can't get through. What number did you use?
I can't either anymore. I got through without any hold on the US number 866-892-2598. They said they are booking my award and I would get a confirmation but that has not come so I tried to call back without luck.
Mr GV likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by mike814
You think its busy, or they just don't have it operational yet?
I'd be inclined to think it's busy, except that I'm not getting results slowly, I'm not getting results at all. The rest of site is pretty snappy, but as soon as you search for award flights, it just spins before eventually spitting out some error message. I'm seeing some weird glitches as I make my way through parts of the website too, so maybe they're still working out the kinks.

Form the award availability calendar, I'm seeing a surprising amount of F availability (or at least days it thinks F awards are available), but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Redeemed a companion award last month but was placed on waitlist, despite numerous calls prior to June 22 it never cleared until this morning! UUUUgggghhhh....
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:26 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Redeemed a companion award last month but was placed on waitlist, despite numerous calls prior to June 22 it never cleared until this morning! UUUUgggghhhh....
Why do you expect award to clear after changes announced and before June 22? If the seller is minded to increase its price, the seller is not going to help you beat *its* price increases.
marcommm likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: CX, BA
The page for redemption and calculating miles needed has gone maintenance again.

Decided to head to BA and discovered that J award on CX is almost non-existent, even for HKG-TPE low season where it should be wide open.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcommm
The page for redemption and calculating miles needed has gone maintenance again.

Decided to head to BA and discovered that J award on CX is almost non-existent, even for HKG-TPE low season where it should be wide open.
Same noted on qantas.com too

Update 2:10pm: AM took down the redemption engine completely.

Last edited by percysmith; Jun 22, 2018 at 12:15 am
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
JFK-HKG-JNB is quotable at Ultra-Long Zone (42k/60k/85k/125k oneway)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by watery
where did you search this and get a this result?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by Yanhui Leung

where did you search this and get a this result?

New site, earlier on (very unresponsive but somehow got this), just found it's out to maintenance again like percysmith suggests
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

CX posted further system maintenance notice https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...-services.html
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Why am I not surprised that they would botch this again. If they needed 3+ days then I wished they just communicated as such.

I had a hold on a paid booking that took note of the system going back up today so I could redeem a short hop to take advantage of an ex=XXX long haul J fare. Oh well what's new with CX IT.
dannyhk and HKGglobaltrotter like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by fast03
Why am I not surprised that they would botch this again. If they needed 3+ days then I wished they just communicated as such.

I had a hold on a paid booking that took note of the system going back up today so I could redeem a short hop to take advantage of an ex=XXX long haul J fare. Oh well what's new with CX IT.
Site is still down and no announcement/e-mail (as promised) on partner award changes up to now. I was expecting an e-mail telling us all about the changes this morning...but nope!

This is really appalling! Then again, I am not surprised at all.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I do apologise for repeating myself but CX IT and artificial intelligence "Where the intelligence is artificial"
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by watery
May I ask how did you book it. The website told me to submit a form earlier when I have multi city booking like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.