Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
Site is still down and no announcement/e-mail (as promised) on partner award changes up to now. I was expecting an e-mail telling us all about the changes this morning...but nope!

This is really appalling! Then again, I am not surprised at all.
when I checked earlier for QR and AA. The long haul requirements in J are the same as CX one way + 5000 miles

CX: HKG-LHR in J = 65,000
QR: HKG-DOH-LHR in J = 70,000
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter

May I ask how did you book it. The website told me to submit a form earlier when I have multi city booking like this.
I tried this because somebody here asked. Searched one way JFK-JNB. I thought the old system would only show some BA Atlantic options. Since it's back in maintenance again I wonder if it changes...

Originally Posted by twonga

when I checked earlier for QR and AA. The long haul requirements in J are the same as CX one way + 5000 miles

CX: HKG-LHR in J = 65,000
QR: HKG-DOH-LHR in J = 70,000
From the previous change site examples it seems partner charts differ by airline slightly.

I tried HKG-Japan-Japan CX+JL round trip J on online calculator and it shows 55K, asked FB team and they gave me a slightly less figure (rounded down to hundreds and intra-Japan JL assumed Y), so that's not entirely accurate for more complicated cases.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Well just tried to access my rather meagre account, and can't even access
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
How does multi cabin will work? is it 1 way on 1 class then return trip as another class or is it per leg?

Ex:
SIN-HKG-KIX PE
KIX-HKG-SIN J
or
SIN-HKG-SIN PE
HKG-KIX-HKG J
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: CX MPC
Finally seems to be back up
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by abielp
How does multi cabin will work? is it 1 way on 1 class then return trip as another class or is it per leg?

Ex:
SIN-HKG-KIX PE
KIX-HKG-SIN J
or
SIN-HKG-SIN PE
HKG-KIX-HKG J
It's up to you and mileage depends on how you do it:
(1) either you book each way separately (and the whole SIN-HKG-KIX will be priced as ~3126mi/Zone Medium); or select return at PE then change one direction to J.
(2) if you book them online as separate 2 sets, you will effectively pay per leg; or you call in to book them, which shall be priced based on the following rule:
Originally Posted by T&C Flight Awards – Standard, Choice & Tailored Awards
5. Standard, Choice and Tailored Awards allow mixed cabin redemption. The mileage requirement calculation is based on the haul of each inbound and outbound direction and the prorated ratio derived from Great Circle Distance for each sector. The mileage sum is rounded down to the nearest hundred.
While I try on the booking engine for SIN-HKG-HND PE+J rt, system says SIN-HKG is changed to J (being 772) and the whole itinerary is priced as 82,000AM:

(excuse for showing in Chinese and different theme because I entered from the CX site)

which I deduce is calculated as:
** GCD from GCMap and is slightly different from CX convention:
SIN-HKG J 1587/3392mi x 45000 = 21,054AM
HKG-HND W 1805/3392mi x 30000 = 15,964AM
Outbound 37018 -> 37000 (round down)
Inbound J 3392nm = 45,000AM
Total 37,000+45,000 = 82,000AM
--
Also, I retested JFK-JNB it returns CX JFK-HKG-JNB; however JFK-LHR only returns BA direct, same as what I recalled was the old behaviour.
abielp likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:25 am

I've checked a few dates that I wanted to travel next year and there are actually more seats released in standard award. Some dates that showed no availability before yesterday is now available for redemption.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:39 am

Anyone tried looking up CX awards with Avios? I looked up HKG-TPE and HKG-ICN on BA and finding zero J class availability so far, even on dates when avail is wide open on Asia Miles. Econ is still showing available.

Can CX just shut off avail of J class to partner programs? If true this would be horrible ... intra-Asia J class is a sweet spot with Avios
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
Originally Posted by focusonskills
I've checked a few dates that I wanted to travel next year and there are actually more seats released in standard award. Some dates that showed no availability before yesterday is now available for redemption.
that is because despite being told by another person to the contrary, i was right in they backed out inventory before so they could charge you more miles. why someone called me on this not being the case is beyond me. must have been a CX plant.

still nothing showing up in BA for CX.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jlhkyyz
Anyone tried looking up CX awards with Avios? I looked up HKG-TPE and HKG-ICN on BA and finding zero J class availability so far, even on dates when avail is wide open on Asia Miles. Econ is still showing available.

Can CX just shut off avail of J class to partner programs? If true this would be horrible ... intra-Asia J class is a sweet spot with Avios
Yes. But I think just temporary. I ff....ingg hope so.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jlhkyyz
Anyone tried looking up CX awards with Avios? I looked up HKG-TPE on BA and finding zero J class availability so far, even on dates when avail is wide open on Asia Miles. Econ is still showing available.

I think all awards on CX from economy to first are currently not showing online on BA/QF website. No idea when they're going to release the seats for partners.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
It's June 22. Has there been changes to partner award rates? Need to know if it is still 30K to redeem on AA for DFW-PHL RT
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by focusonskills
I think all awards on CX from economy to first are currently not showing online on BA/QF website. No idea when they're going to release the seats for partners.
The economy and prem econ were showing up till last night while the business / first were not. Now none is showing.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:49 pm

What a sloppy rollout. There was no good reason not to release partner charts well in advance, and the IT stuff though typical of Cathay is still abysmal.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
The economy and prem econ were showing up till last night while the business / first were not. Now none is showing.
actually, until 10 minutes after 8am HKG time. what a cock up by CX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.