Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by kaka

if thats the the middle room so that’s for the F lounge? #WelldoneCX
Yea I realize it wasn't totally clear.

I'm referring to the F lounge. It's the section of the F lounge between the Haven and the J class lounge. (You can enter the room I'm referring to from the J class lounge, they put a sign up there that says "First" and half block the entrance)
kaka likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:46 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The Pier F - pantry

Here are some photos from The Pier F pantry. The selection is much bigger than before. The pear or apple tart is still there, but looked a bit "old". You can see there are "cracks" in the filling which makes it look like it's been sitting out for a long time. Some of the selection are the desserts from J.

royng likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
thanks for posting the pictures sxc.
looks sad to be honest and sad that the cx "first" lounge has gone downhill.

actually could be cx's strategy - cheapen the budget and hire a new caterer so they can take the fall
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
.... with the addition of "Mac and Cheese". The lounges seem to have an obsession with Mac and Cheese with it being available from every buffet table.
Well, maybe CX got a lot of customer feedback "I am missing my favorit Macaroni with Cheese" ?

Originally Posted by sxc
What's also missing from the asian dining room are the dishes like fried chicken which was delicious.
Might be they do now have a rotating menu ? Many complains reg CX on FT are about "every day the same".
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:50 pm

Went to the wing last week. Food was terrible. Bland and a waste of calories. I miss the tea ceremony which used to be fanciful. Now. It's just a normal tea brewed for you.

I had cathay delight which was undrinkable. I asked for some water and it was presented to me as a bottle, no cup, didn't pour out etc. Terrible table service. Cathay has lost it?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by tboons
Went to the wing last week. Food was terrible. Bland and a waste of calories. I miss the tea ceremony which used to be fanciful. Now. It's just a normal tea brewed for you.

I had cathay delight which was undrinkable. I asked for some water and it was presented to me as a bottle, no cup, didn't pour out etc. Terrible table service. Cathay has lost it?
The food in Wing F was pretty bad the last two times I visited. The selection and presentation of the items at the buffet bar were just horrible. It reminds me of a very low end staff canteen. Back in the old days (Peninsula time), things were nicely arranged and the food does look a lot more gourmet than now what some others have described as mass produce/industrial.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
The food in Wing F was pretty bad the last two times I visited. The selection and presentation of the items at the buffet bar were just horrible. It reminds me of a very low end staff canteen. Back in the old days (Peninsula time), things were nicely arranged and the food does look a lot more gourmet than now what some others have described as mass produce/industrial.
and if you complain about it, they will say you get served F class lounge anyways.
And a lot of people say the food is better than the food court
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
MASSIVE degrade of food in Pier and Wing F. I've gone from wanting to try a few things since they looked appealing to trying to find even one item I might like. Others have documented many of these changes so I'll just mention a few pet peeves

I spent almost 24 hours in those lounges (well 3 of those were in Bangkok lounge) (due to some plane delays with a visit to PP while they were closed where I didn't eat anything). Of note is that about 20 hours into this I had a (fortunately) brief episode of diarrhea of the sort one gets from bad food - this after I had spent a month in Bangkok eating street food (judicially) and never had a problem

1) Had a hamburger at the Pier which was almost inedible - slimy and no beef flavor (which I suspect was the cause of my later illness) Staff bordering on rude "we close at 12:30" in sharp voice - when they knew they were staying open later due to delayed flights, otherwise no service or care .
I will say the yuzu sorbet was very good. Had my incoming flight not been delayed a few hours making me arrive around midnight I would have gone elsewhere - but at that time not much choice and I wanted to see how the new operators were doing.

2) Next day staff at the Wing much friendlier and constantly cleaning up dishes, etc. and offering help. Spent some time sleeping in a cabana (which was the reason I went there) and I've learned that if the room is freezing (which I suffered through many times before learning this) just ask staff and they have a remote and can change the temp
Food on buffet was terrible, menu items unappealing - (but the mushroom risotto was passable)! Har gow were also good (fresh shrimp) but even though they were listed on the buffet there weren't any and you had to ask staff for them.
Pineapple buns were so stale (or overcooked) that they crumbled like sand (and tasted like cardboard). Dessert selections were abysmal - buffet only.

Side note - I had gone to the gate 40 PP lounge where they used to have some big comfortable chairs in a corner where one could sleep, (planning to go back to the Pier for the sleep room when they reopened). Totally redesigned and that area now is CLOSED off (sign for Virgin F only - but no one there and told they need to "clean" all night), noisy and crowded at 2 am so I went to the PP lounge near Gate 1. That is redesigned as well without the big comfy chairs they used to have - but much less crowded and some areas (cubicles) where one can rest fairly well.
kaka likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Was at the Pier J on Saturday also lamenting about the slipping standards.

The "siu mai" looks worse and more plastic than the frozen selections in 7-Eleven.

The "cheddar cheese" looks straight out of a Kraft box. And there is no more smoked salmon.

I didn't even take a photo of my ex favourite Dan Dan noodles. The soup is bland like muddy water.

It looks like the only nourishment we can expect in the Sodexo lounges is liquid. And only Mumm - no more Moet.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Those photos are truly disgusting. CX should be ashamed.
Alawyer, kaka, QRC3288 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Those photos are truly disgusting. CX should be ashamed.
they are aligning expectation across the lounges, and controlling the crowd. Seems like they have done a good job
jerrywu likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by sxc
Here are some photos from The Pier F pantry. The selection is much bigger than before. The pear or apple tart is still there, but looked a bit "old". You can see there are "cracks" in the filling which makes it look like it's been sitting out for a long time.
The cracks don't aren't necessarily evidence of age. I get cracks all the time when I make cheesecakes, which, structurally, aren't terribly different.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:43 pm

It looks like there are fewer apple slices in the apple tart. Too bad, it was one of my favorite desserts there!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
@alawyer, I would like to second how awful those dim sum look.
kaka and royng like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by QRC3288
@alawyer, I would like to second how awful those dim sum look.
After my first visit to the Wing F where I lamented that there was no dim sum on the buffet, the beef ones that I saw in J have turned up in F. These beef ones are *okay*. But does that mean J now gets those street stall siu mai? So this is how they are differentiating F and J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.