Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BLAHBLAHDELTA
Just wondering, how long does it typically take for CX to respond to questions sent to the theclub-at-cathaypacific.com e-mail address. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago with no response other than the automatic response saying they received my message.
These few months, they seem to have cut down on staff (cost-cutting) OR are receiving a huge load of emails and responses take quite a long time. CX Customer Service online form takes even longer.

midlevels, I'm quite sure CX would appreciate you not publicizing the MPC email for spammers to further delay responses.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
midlevels, I'm quite sure CX would appreciate you not publicizing the MPC email for spammers to further delay responses.
The email address is published on their own website (accessible without login) and in other places across the web. It's not a secret email they only give out to their elite members or anything.

I don't see any issue with this.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Originally Posted by BLAHBLAHDELTA
Just wondering, how long does it typically take for CX to respond to questions sent to the [email protected] e-mail address. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago with no response other than the automatic response saying they received my message.
I sent CX an email on Sunday evening 1/16. They had not responded by Thursday 1/21. I was at HKG so stopped by the MPC help desk and they put me on the phone with the MPC desk and they told me it normally takes two weeks but the agent said she would try to find my details and get it looked at quickly as I have upcoming travel on CX. I got the email I posted about the evening of 1/21 asking me to resend my AA elite card.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by aa767flyer
I sent CX an email on Sunday evening 1/16. They had not responded by Thursday 1/21. I was at HKG so stopped by the MPC help desk and they put me on the phone with the MPC desk and they told me it normally takes two weeks but the agent said she would try to find my details and get it looked at quickly as I have upcoming travel on CX. I got the email I posted about the evening of 1/21 asking me to resend my AA elite card.
BTW, why don't you just credit your miles to AS Mileage Plan as they get all the miles that Asiamiles get too. Asiamiles' awards are not that great these days..
Old Feb 5, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Is this possible for Asia miles as well? AM is also ran by CX, isn't it?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by sansim97
Is this possible for Asia miles as well? AM is also ran by CX, isn't it?
It's not possible with Asia Miles as it is a rewards programme, not a FFP (Marco Polo Club) nor does it have tiers.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
BTW, why don't you just credit your miles to AS Mileage Plan as they get all the miles that Asiamiles get too. Asiamiles' awards are not that great these days..
Maybe CX should spend more money studying the effect of bad mileage reward program, and losing customers to other flights. It's one thing to be frugal with upgrades, but it's another to make the miles accumulated virtually useless or too expensive to be worth it.

Someone posted that some FFP, to try and encouragement more flying by premium members, offers upgrades for certain milestones hit (say 90,000 to encourage GO to fly more, 150K for DMs, etc.) Or more hotels, restaurants, golf, etc. options.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
CX Silver from UA 1P

I was successful at getting a status match to CX Silver from UA Prem Exec. The process itself only took about 1 week. I sent scanned copies of my elite card, as well as UA statements, to the email [email protected], and received a response within 2 days. They did ask for confirmation #'s for any travel that I had planned on Cathay Pacific. I did not have any travel planned but did give them a few sample itineraries that I was looking at booking. They then approved my status match to Silver and enrolled me free of charge. ^
Old May 19, 2010, 3:00 am

Just received word from CX that they only match up to SL.

The manager responsible for Marco Polo Club membership confirmed that Silver tier is the highest status that they can offer in line with CX's tier matching policy.
Old May 19, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: QFF & Marco Polo Club
Do you mean they won't give you higher than Silver? Or, do you mean they won't give all members higher than Silver?

Just received word from CX that they only match up to SL.

The manager responsible for Marco Polo Club membership confirmed that Silver tier is the highest status that they can offer in line with CX's tier matching policy.
Old May 19, 2010, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by AUS_69
Do you mean they won't give you higher than Silver? Or, do you mean they won't give all members higher than Silver?
All members although I suspect there are exceptions (supposing you're very high rev. pax) and I mean very. I asked them for a comp to GO from UA Premier Executive (*G)/DL Gold Medallion (SkyTeam Elite)/Aeroflot Gold (SkyTeam Elite Plus) and was still only offered SL. Asked them to clarify later and they provided the above response (more or less the same).
Old May 19, 2010, 5:42 am

It's confirmed then that ALL requests for tier upgrade will be to Silver level only?

All members although I suspect there are exceptions (supposing you're very high rev. pax) and I mean very. I asked them for a comp to GO from UA Premier Executive (*G)/DL Gold Medallion (SkyTeam Elite)/Aeroflot Gold (SkyTeam Elite Plus) and was still only offered SL. Asked them to clarify later and they provided the above response (more or less the same).
Old May 19, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
It's confirmed then that ALL requests for tier upgrade will be to Silver level only?
Not true. Outstation marketing managers have been known to comp up to Diamond for key people in major corporate accounts. I know this for sure - as this happened to me in 2006. It worked, I've maintained DM level ever since.
Old May 19, 2010, 6:21 am

Read the post from toyotaboy95 i.e.

"Just received word from CX that they only match up to SL."

toyotaboy95: Do they or don't they only match up to SL??

QUOTE=ACORD;13984069]Not true. Outstation marketing managers have been known to comp up to Diamond for key people in major corporate accounts. I know this for sure - as this happened to me in 2006. It worked, I've maintained DM level ever since.[/QUOTE]
Old May 20, 2010, 3:50 am

Read the post from toyotaboy95 i.e.

"Just received word from CX that they only match up to SL."

toyotaboy95: Do they or don't they only match up to SL??

QUOTE=ACORD;13984069]Not true. Outstation marketing managers have been known to comp up to Diamond for key people in major corporate accounts. I know this for sure - as this happened to me in 2006. It worked, I've maintained DM level ever since.
ACORD might not be totally incorrect since I guess the policy of matching people up to SL is by The Club's email only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.