Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by CX HK
Useful information for the future, thanks. Since you would have made GO anyways (but not DM) with the travel you were doing had you credited your flights to MPC, they really had no problem giving you the GO membership. And it just goes to show how much goes on behind the scenes at the MPC offices!
Yes, but I'm still a bit miffed about it: after all, I rack up over 120k across OneWorld overall - in fact I probably travel a lot more on Cathay than all those fake Diamond cards they hand out to Amex cardholders. Plus I need to deal with the annoyance of showing my BA Emerald card to check-in at the F class check-in desks, then check to make sure they're crediting my points to the CX account instead of BA, and then ask them to override the system to make sure I get a F class lounge card instead of just the J class which they give to CX Gold/Sapphire!

Last edited by Too much travel; Jan 12, 2012 at 8:35 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Someone got CX DM matched !

See this post : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18249539-post38.html
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Hmm...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA PLT / MPO SL / UA / DL
Aa plt -> mpc slv

A few days ago I asked for status match from AA PLT (65k last year, mostly on CX, and 17k this year with 24k already booked for the next 2 months), sent them my history via email. They matched me to Silver/Ruby. I've written back asking why no match to my current OW status (should be GLD/Sapphire) given history and already-booked travel.

No reply yet but it's still the weekend...

(maybe because I always fly in the back of the bus, and now that I'll be doing MPC/AM instead of AA I no longer have to pay H fares to accrue?)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwa
A few days ago I asked for status match from AA PLT (65k last year, mostly on CX, and 17k this year with 24k already booked for the next 2 months), sent them my history via email. They matched me to Silver/Ruby. I've written back asking why no match to my current OW status (should be GLD/Sapphire) given history and already-booked travel.

No reply yet but it's still the weekend...

(maybe because I always fly in the back of the bus, and now that I'll be doing MPC/AM instead of AA I no longer have to pay H fares to accrue?)
Really now, why would CX bother matching you to another OW carrier? The only way I see how CX will match you to Gold is after you send them details of your CX reservations already booked AND ticketed with intention to travel. Then they *might* reconsider.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So GB will CX status match AC's Gold or not??
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So GB will CX status match AC's Gold or not??
You'd probably just get CX Silver.. which is really worth a lot more than AC's
Prestige... as you get lounge access on CX flights.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MPO SL / UA / DL
Really now, why would CX bother matching you to another OW carrier? The only way I see how CX will match you to Gold is after you send them details of your CX reservations already booked AND ticketed with intention to travel. Then they *might* reconsider.
Which is exactly what I did.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
You'd probably just get CX Silver.. which is really worth a lot more than AC's
Prestige... as you get lounge access on CX flights.
I think the OP is implying *G here...

(AC has Prestige/Elite/Super Elite as of this year. AC Gold is usually referred to *E and *SE who are *G as well.)
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:19 am

Im silver with ua and would like to know if cx will status match me? I dont expect much for low level status but i fly cx often so any statis is better than none.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Im silver with ua and would like to know if cx will status match me? I dont expect much for low level status but i fly cx often so any statis is better than none.
You can try - the key is you must have an active reservation.

But to be honest - MPC SLs no longer worth anything. In some cases, worse than a UA 2P.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
If you fly them often why bother as you will soon make silver and how come you didnt sign up earlier.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by mayodave
If you fly them often why bother as you will soon make silver and how come you didnt sign up earlier.
Because you don't have to start from dirt and immediate start aiming to gold / renew - that is o-so-many lounge access and 20 sectors / 30K miles less to aim at whatever elite status OP want
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:42 am

I'm AC SE with 120k+/year, will CX match to Diamond? Anyone have recent experiences with CX Diamond match? I read Guy Betsy's from Mar '12 that someone got CX diamond match.

If they only match to gold, do they offer a Diamond challenge?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by mileageking
I'm AC SE with 120k+/year, will CX match to Diamond? Anyone have recent experiences with CX Diamond match? I read Guy Betsy's from Mar '12 that someone got CX diamond match.

If they only match to gold, do they offer a Diamond challenge?
CX does DM match very discretionarily. 120K+/year alone is not enough. There is no DM challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.