Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KACommuter
until I achieved KF silver with SQ, then discovered it offers nothing compared with MPC silver. No business class check-in, and no lounge access with SQ. Now I'm at KF gold and it's still not on par with MPC gold although the gap is smaller than at silver.
Having been a Silver/Gold on BA for over a decade, I tell you it's all a different league. First of all, you don't really sweat that much to get a Silver with BA compared with marathon you need to go through to get CX Silver. Also, BA Silver is equivalent to CX Gold, on OneWorld scale!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by dabbagmm
Having been a Silver/Gold on BA for over a decade, I tell you it's all a different league. First of all, you don't really sweat that much to get a Silver with BA compared with marathon you need to go through to get CX Silver. Also, BA Silver is equivalent to CX Gold, on OneWorld scale!
And CX Silver is easy stuff compared to Finnair Silver... Everything is relative, I guess.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Recently moved to HKG and I am AA EXP. Considering joing Marco Polo Club will they match or atleast wave the fee to join? I can't figure out this whole Asia Miles, Marco Polo Club things. Do I need to join Asia Miles first or just wait and see. Who do I contact? Fax, phone, email for CX.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:27 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by aa767flyer
Recently moved to HKG and I am AA EXP. Considering joing Marco Polo Club will they match or atleast wave the fee to join? I can't figure out this whole Asia Miles, Marco Polo Club things. Do I need to join Asia Miles first or just wait and see. Who do I contact? Fax, phone, email for CX.
Asia miles is CX's frequent flyer program where you can earn points by travelling on OW airlines, using credit cards, staying in hotels, hiring a car etc. On the other hand, Marco Polo Club (MPC for short) is CX's loyalty program where any points you earn from flying OW airliners count towards earning or retaining your CX status.

If you travel on CX on a fairly regular basis, I would suggest you should join the MPC. Either way, you can join Asia Miles for free and later 'convert' that to a MPC account by paying the joining fee and fill in the application form on line.

The CX website sets out the above information in a bit more detail.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:34 am

Just sent query email to CX along with a print screen of my most current AA My Account Screen. Will post what I get back from them.

If it's positive will send my spouse's information as she is AA Plt.

Really don't plan on moving a lot over to CX as I will move back to the US in about two years time and AA fits my needs in the long run. But CX will help for the personal travel we do in Asia and will keep us from having to buy the more expensive Y,B,H fares to get anything credited to AA. Not counting on Diamond but should be able to pull of Gold at the very least with the flying both biz and personal we do and splitting the miles (EQM's) between CX and AA.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Just sent query email to CX along with a print screen of my most current AA My Account Screen. Will post what I get back from them.
The correct email address to write to is [email protected] - just in case you wrote somewhere else.

Most likely they would offer you and your wife Silver status. I've not heard of anyone being comped straight to Gold or Diamond. Though if both of you have Silver status there is not really much difference between SL and GO when travelling CX except for lower op-up priority and 5kg weight allowance.

Main benefit of GO is that your status carries over to other OW carriers, but as an EXP or Plat on AA you would get that anyway.

Let us know what they offer you.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by midlevels
Though if both of you have Silver status there is not really much difference between SL and GO when travelling CX except for lower op-up priority and 5kg weight allowance.
And the guaranteed availability of economy seats down to V class at 72 hours notice.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by christep
And the guaranteed availability of economy seats down to V class at 72 hours notice.
Never mind the op-up. This seat guarantee perk is the most important.^
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Most likely they would offer you and your wife Silver status. I've not heard of anyone being comped straight to Gold or Diamond. Though if both of you have Silver status there is not really much difference between SL and GO when travelling CX except for lower op-up priority and 5kg weight allowance.
I wish it wouldn't happen, but I personally have seen Gold comped twice on two occasions. Not on FT forums...real life. One was an AA EXP. Granted he got a bit of the inquisition from MPC during his comp process, and I think it helped that a lot of his AA EXP status came from paid J tix on CX metal to/from the US, but I saw it with my own eyes. The other is a friend of mine who actually is a non-status pax, so that's even a little more out of the ordinary.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by christep
This is the only true reason to stick with CX higher tiers over AA.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:30 pm

Really just want MPC to earn miles on personal travel within Asia. Like that I can earn miles in the lower fare buckets and now the guaranteed Economy seat deal sounds better when I look into it.

For the long haul and other travel my AA status works for me as I fly either paid J or AA on discount Y and use either EVIPS or get my free domestic (US) upgrades. As I have the 8 EVIPS and will get more for exceeding AA's recent promotion threshold I'm set with my long haul flying for the year even though it might mean a routing through NRT or PVG to get to the US. For travel within the US have lifetime Admirals Club membership so set with that as well.

Let's wait and see what CX gets back to me with. Should I set up the MPC account now or wait and see if they wave the fee?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Let's wait and see what CX gets back to me with. Should I set up the MPC account now or wait and see if they wave the fee?
Wait. They will definitely waive the fee.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:38 pm

Wait. They will definitely waive the fee.
Will do.

Have not heard back yet and as luck would have it will fly this weekend on CX. Booked H class to atleast get the AA miles but would have prferred the less expensive V as cash was out of my pocket for these tickets. Just didn't want to hassel with the whole thing of not having the OW Emerald card on the tickets and not get lounge access and proper seat choice.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:06 am

I received an email from the MPC yesterday requesting copies of my AA card and confirmed travel booked on CX for 2010. Sent them copies of both my AA EXP and DL GLD cards again along with the confirmation number of an up coming trip and an explanation that I usually travel last minute and plans change see booking. Booking is in H to MNL and has already had multiple date changes do to my schedule changes. Also send an excel sheet with my tentative and already completed travel for Q1 and Q2.

Will update with offer, if any from MPC.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, SPG GOLD, Hertz PC
The correct email address to write to is [email protected] - just in case you wrote somewhere else.

Main benefit of GO is that your status carries over to other OW carriers, but as an EXP or Plat on AA you would get that anyway.

Let us know what they offer you.

Just wondering, how long does it typically take for CX to respond to questions sent to the [email protected] e-mail address. I sent an e-mail 3 days ago with no response other than the automatic response saying they received my message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.