Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 3:35 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
uh,..as listed in your quote..
I saw the fax number, but what is the email address? Is the following one correct?

[email protected]
Old May 20, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by tylorcl
I saw the fax number, but what is the email address? Is the following one correct?

[email protected]
Yes, that is the correct address to ask CX if they will do a status match.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I just had them offer me MPC normal with the $50 waived. I figured, what the heck and did it. They then sent an email asking for a copy of a statement from my current FF program. I emailed my AA EXP statement and was immediately comped to Gold/OW-Sapphire. Keep in mind this is all initiated by them, I never asked for MPC club or much less a comp.

Sadly, I see little use in just MPC Gold when I'm already AA EXP. Am I missing something? (Besides the free Admiral's Club for domestic US.- which I have through BA anyhow.)
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Guaranteed availability on CX in any economy fare class down to V at 72 hours notice might be worth something to you? Plus an extra baggage allowance when travelling CX.

Last edited by christep; Jun 2, 2009 at 9:55 am Reason: error
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by christep
Guaranteed availability on CX in J or any economy fare class down to V at 72 hours notice might be worth something to you? Plus an extra baggage allowance when travelling CX.
Actually CX Gold will only guarantee you economy class seats on CX / KA flights down to V class at 72 hours notice. To get a guarantee J seat at 24 hours notice, you need CX Diamond.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
In my case, no. Guaranteed availability is not of value to me. Nor is the extra baggage allowance as if you connect with any other airline you are hosed. Don't you get the extra in J anyhow regardless of status?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:04 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Sadly, I see little use in just MPC Gold when I'm already AA EXP. Am I missing something? (Besides the free Admiral's Club for domestic US.- which I have through BA anyhow.)
If you fly CX and KA, you can have seat guarantee and have a higher chance of op-up or birthday upgrade (not guaranteed). IMHO, seat guarantee is the most important benefit of all.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:34 pm

In my case, no. Guaranteed availability is not of value to me. Nor is the extra baggage allowance as if you connect with any other airline you are hosed. Don't you get the extra in J anyhow regardless of status?
Seat assignment.
Better chance of op-up.
Extra baggage allowance
You can bring one friend with you to the lounge

Good stuff
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
If you do not fly Y, seat guarantee will indeed be useless until you become DM.

You can get additional allowance in J with certain status. I am not sure about GO. I know that is the case for DM. I usually travel with little luggage. So that does not really matter. It is just nice to know I can carry extra if I need to.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
There are certain unnannounced benefits that come with CX/KA status. Most useful when there are delays or cancellations.

I'm quite happy with my MPC Gold. Rather useful also at hotels in Asia.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by mosburger
I'm quite happy with my MPC Gold. Rather useful also at hotels in Asia.
Would you please elaborate?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Sam7
Would you please elaborate?
MPC Golds and Diamons get certain perks at hotels run by Hyatt (hotel program membership required), Mandarin Oriental, Shangri-La, Starwood, Swire (aka Cathay parent), Hilton (as Hyatt) and the Peninsula Hotels.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by mosburger
MPC Golds and Diamons get certain perks at hotels run by Hyatt (hotel program membership required), Mandarin Oriental, Shangri-La, Starwood, Swire (aka Cathay parent), Hilton (as Hyatt) and the Peninsula Hotels.
I've not been able to find any info on this. Can you please elaborate or give a couple of examples?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Baggage allowance within asia on a seperate ticket that does not have North America travel on it will be based on weight. So that is a big plus for MPC status.

What extra in J? Baggage allowance? No you don't. 30kg when weight based. + max 5-10kg given on a case-by-case basis at check-in.

(mod hat off) I think CX MPC is giving out comps to the wrong people IMO. MPC comped OP above on his AAdvantage status. Which is in the same alliance.

Pity that OP does not see the value of what MPC Gold is - which is sometimes equivalent or has higher standing than his AA EXP (OW Emerald) when it comes to clearing waitlists (even in J) or op-ups.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by midlevels
I've not been able to find any info on this. Can you please elaborate or give a couple of examples?
Please check the Club membership guide either in paper form or as download from the CX site (have to sign in first). Everything there in detail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.