FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   CX Status Match (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/931846-cx-status-match.html)

ThrustReverse Mar 13, 2009 12:52 pm

CX Status Match

Today CX match my AF/KLM gold to MPC silver! :)

sxc Mar 13, 2009 6:57 pm

What's your travelling pattern? Was it matched in HK or somewhere else?

CXDM Mar 14, 2009 2:07 am

how does one go about doing the reverse ? i.e. getting AF/KLN to match my CX status ?

number_6 Mar 14, 2009 2:20 am

Originally Posted by CXDM (Post 11411872)
how does one go about doing the reverse ? i.e. getting AF/KLN to match my CX status ?

Same way as with any airline match: fax your CX statement to AF. Comps are very easy in 2009 as all airlines are desperate for business, a big change from a year ago.

hemz88 Mar 14, 2009 5:08 am

anyone experience of getting status match to AAdvantage?

gleff Mar 14, 2009 6:43 am

What address/fax# did you use? What did you say in your note? Can you copy/paste their reply?

dabbagmm Mar 14, 2009 7:46 am

CX matched my BA Silver with CX Silver (lower Oneworld tier).

I recently moved to HK and wanted to switch to CX MPC. However, the CX Silver is less worthy than BA Silver when it comes to lounge access when traveling Y class with a companion.

Been flying business on CX but using BA EXEC in which I'm almost 50% of the way for tier renewal. Am I missing anything by not using my CX MPC??

brunos Mar 14, 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by number_6 (Post 11411880)
Same way as with any airline match: fax your CX statement to AF. Comps are very easy in 2009 as all airlines are desperate for business, a big change from a year ago.

I think that AF is not used to do status match. Anyway their FFP is being dramatically devalued.

number_6 Mar 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by hemz88 (Post 11412096)
anyone experience of getting status match to AAdvantage?

AA uses a "Platinum challenge" for 99% of comps: fly 10K miles in 90 days (instead of the 50K normally needed). AA will comp EXP in exceptional circumstances (you need to show spend of over USD 100K per year on air tickets, etc.). For most people the Plat challenge is it (and this is open for anyone, no status match involved).

bizclassboy Mar 14, 2009 6:43 pm

who in the their right mind want to use AF/KLM check the forum out they treat the best customers like dirt and it is almost impossible to burn miles and when you do they fleeece you with criminal charges

sxc Mar 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by dabbagmm (Post 11412435)
CX matched my BA Silver with CX Silver (lower Oneworld tier).

I recently moved to HK and wanted to switch to CX MPC. However, the CX Silver is less worthy than BA Silver when it comes to lounge access when traveling Y class with a companion.

Been flying business on CX but using BA EXEC in which I'm almost 50% of the way for tier renewal. Am I missing anything by not using my CX MPC??

If you are flying CX a lot and are likely to reach CX Diamond, you will get treated by CX much better than BA ever treated you. Waitlists will clear automatically, you'll be able to redeem tickets at any time even if no availability etc etc lots of undocumented benefits.

cxfan1960 Mar 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 11415306)
If you are flying CX a lot and are likely to reach CX Diamond, you will get treated by CX much better than BA ever treated you. Waitlists will clear automatically, you'll be able to redeem tickets at any time even if no REDEMPTION availability etc etc lots of undocumented benefits.

ThrustReverse Mar 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 11412263)
What address/fax# did you use? What did you say in your note? Can you copy/paste their reply?

Just explained that I´m considering switching my business to Cathay... and so on! Plus copys, scans & screenshots of my card, account, travel history!

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email.

Having reviewed your travel history, we should be delighted to enrol you
as a Silver tier member of The Marco Polo Club, free of charge.

If you wish to accept this offer, please complete the attached ?Marco
Polo Club Application Form? and then return by email, or fax to +852
2412 5946. We will then process your membership pack as quickly as
possible.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

dm101 Mar 16, 2009 3:13 am

Originally Posted by CXDM (Post 11411872)

Why on earth would you like to do that!? :confused: ;)

Me and the misses did the exact same thing as the OP once we moved out here to SH (and this was done when things were still very good for the industry), and I've never looked back. Sure, CX is currently making some changes for us members/passengers flying with them, but it is NOTHING if you start comparing what AF/KLM is currently doing with their program. Have a quick look in to the Flying Blue section of this forum, and you'll pretty soon see what I'm talking about.

If you "need" to switch to a European based airline, try Lufthansa instead, or even better, Austria (great service!) Just make sure to stay AWAY from AF/KLM...

Cheers,
Joe

JALlover Mar 16, 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by dm101 (Post 11420169)
Why on earth would you like to do that!? :confused: ;)

Me and the misses did the exact same thing as the OP once we moved out here to SH (and this was done when things were still very good for the industry), and I've never looked back. Sure, CX is currently making some changes for us members/passengers flying with them, but it is NOTHING if you start comparing what AF/KLM is currently doing with their program. Have a quick look in to the Flying Blue section of this forum, and you'll pretty soon see what I'm talking about.

If you "need" to switch to a European based airline, try Lufthansa instead, or even better, Austria (great service!) Just make sure to stay AWAY from AF/KLM...

Cheers,
Joe

Is AF/KL really that bad now?
I have no idea about them now, since the last one I went on one was back in 2002..quite long ago and it was a pleasant epxerience that time