Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 1:46 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by sxc
My immediate reaction is that now everyone has been treated well. For those whose member years were expiring in Feb-Apr 2020, they were given club points relief to take them to April 2021. Anyone else expiring from May 2020 to December 2020 were then given another year gratis. And now those who who got the club relief to take them to April 2021, get another year extension for free. I think this really covers everyone, except those who played early resets or holiday games.
Yeah -- except for those of us trying to move UP, though. Am GO with 750 CP Jan 2020; have until end-Sep 2020 to renew. Had 3 "J" trips scheduled to take me to DM: MNL-ICN (March), MNL-JFK (April) and MNL-CDG (May). All cancelled. The extra club points were nice, but didn't replace all the CPs I could have earned. My only hope is by August it'll be safe to do a quick roundtrip long-haul + medium-haul. If not, yeah I know I'll be renewed as GO through Sep 2021, but I'll miss out on DM. A pity as I've been GO for 24/26 years, SIL for 2/26; would have been nice to experience DM finally in my last year of travelling a lot. Ah well... I have my health.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Did MPO proactively suggest that you apply for a membership holiday? If that's the case, I would blame them.
MPC agent did suggest me to apply membership holiday and I took it.
I already wrote an email to MPC hour ago, mentioned the point above and requested my membership should end in June 2022.
If they refused my request, I would then apply to "cancel" the membership holiday.
Will update this here when I receive the feedback from MPC...
Old May 18, 2020, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
6 months. That's why I said "after Nov. 2020" because the flights before won't work.
got it! Thanks so much!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: CX Gold
Is the validity of AM also extended?
Old May 18, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by wyskevin
I already wrote an email to MPC hour ago, mentioned the point above and requested my membership should end in June 2022.
If they refused my request, I would then apply to "cancel" the membership holiday.
Good luck and be persistent!
Old May 18, 2020, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Is the validity of AM also extended?
No news as of now. I would assume no.
Old May 18, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
I am the victim of membership holiday!

My previous membership would expire in February 2021. Three weeks ago, I applied membership holiday and it ends in June 2021 now. Thus, I didn’t receive the renewing status email from MPC.

However, I read other people’s email below: “ We will therefore be renewing your XX status for another 12 months when it expires in 2021, even if the normal renewal requirement is not met. “ I guess I still can get the one year membership extension to June 2022 because I meet the criteria “ expire in 2021 “???
This is in their FAQs:
If you have not started your Membership Holiday, you can cancel it and your entitlement will be reinstated. Once the Membership Holiday has started, no changes or cancellations can be made; however, for this exceptional situation, we can reinstate your entitlement. The automatic tier renewal only applies to memberships expiring between May 2020 and April 2021 and can’t be carried forward to the next year.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
So I was impatient and wasted one membership holiday but my membership will still be auto renewed to March 2022. C'est la vie.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:13 am

It was February 2021. Afetr applying membership holday, it would become June 2021.
Sorry for the wrong spelling...
I just spoke to MPC, yours will be auto renewed in Feb 2021 and extended to Feb 2022.
wyskevin likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 8:02 am

I am the victim of membership holiday!

My previous membership would expire in February 2021. Three weeks ago, I applied membership holiday and it ends in June 2021 now. Thus, I didn’t receive the renewing status email from MPC.

However, I read other people’s email below: “ We will therefore be renewing your XX status for another 12 months when it expires in 2021, even if the normal renewal requirement is not met. “ I guess I still can get the one year membership extension to June 2022 because I meet the criteria “ expire in 2021 “???
Sorry. You won’t but the membership holiday quota won’t be deducted.
Old May 18, 2020, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Yep, I just got the email that my Diamond status (expiring in Jan 2021) will be renewed for another year.

And, any mid-tier benefits expiring within May 2020 - Apr 2021 will also be renewed for another year.

Good news for everyone!
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Donkitravel
Good news for everyone!
and thanks for getting the information out before the announcement.
Old May 18, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
Yeah -- except for those of us trying to move UP, though. Am GO with 750 CP Jan 2020; have until end-Sep 2020 to renew. Had 3 "J" trips scheduled to take me to DM: MNL-ICN (March), MNL-JFK (April) and MNL-CDG (May). All cancelled. The extra club points were nice, but didn't replace all the CPs I could have earned. My only hope is by August it'll be safe to do a quick roundtrip long-haul + medium-haul. If not, yeah I know I'll be renewed as GO through Sep 2021, but I'll miss out on DM. A pity as I've been GO for 24/26 years, SIL for 2/26; would have been nice to experience DM finally in my last year of travelling a lot. Ah well... I have my health.
similarly for me
I'm not actually unhappy, because there's no harm to me, just thinking that given the current information I probably would have made 700 club points' worth of different decisions since December.

Also, it seems that the dude who signed my email, Cheuk Lo (same for everyone?), has had a change of job title (promotion?) from Head of Customer Loyalty (looking at a late February email) to Head of Customer Relationships...?
Old May 18, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
seems like it’s the standard line for MPC now. Unfortunately I need to take a few trips as soon as it becomes responsible to fly, and they told me that membership holidays cannot be cancelled once it starts.
Old May 18, 2020, 9:00 pm

Just curious, why doesnt CX extend the cp accumulated as well?

Only expenses should be the mid-tier benefits which are only on an available basis, and most if not all need to be utilize in cx metal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.