Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Continuation of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1581009-how-exactly-does-cx-waitlist-work-awards.html
Print Wikipost

Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Qantas, Velocity, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by etkuo
Around 3 days prior to departure many/all seats will turn into blocked or priority on EF for Cathay.

In my experience, blocked seats are still unoccupied/unassigned.
Thanks for that.
I just went on Asia Miles and it now shows the flight as Fully Booked and not available for waitlist, but EF shows 10 seats Priority, 15 seats Blocked, and 4 seats Available...
have you ever come across this before, and if so am I still a chance or is it pretty much case closed now AM say's Fully Booked and not available for waitlist? Anyone feel free to jump in here

Last edited by RobmacAus; Nov 29, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:58 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by RobmacAus
Thanks for that.
I just went on Asia Miles and it now shows the flight as Fully Booked and not available for waitlist, but EF shows 10 seats Priority, 15 seats Blocked, and 4 seats Available...
Fully booked means CX no longer interested in releasing redemption seats.

J8 W0 Y4. They're looking forward to overselling Economy. Is school out already?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
Fully booked means CX no longer interested in releasing redemption seats.

J8 W0 Y4. They're looking forward to overselling Economy. Is school out already?
High School finishes up on 13th Dec, and the University final exams finished a couple of weeks ago I think.
Oh well I'll hold off until the deadline finishes tonight, and by the sounds of it I'll be buying an economy ticket...not Cathay!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
I have had Cathay site showing Fully Booked and not available for waitlist for redemption but eventually cleared redemption upgrades close-in.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:11 am

I have had Cathay site showing Fully Booked and not available for waitlist for redemption but eventually cleared redemption upgrades close-in.
That gives me hope, but I guess I'll find out either way shortly as the 22:00 deadline (HK time) is in 5hrs 🤞
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:27 pm

Regarding CX150 BNE-HKG Dec 3rd as discussed in the preceding few posts - now the EF picture for Business has changed to 11 x Priority, 9 x Blocked, and 7 x Available. Less blocked seats than yesterday.

Asia Miles is showing 'Flight Full not available for waitlist', but there are still business seats available for purchase on the CX website.

I can only see the Seat Map on EF so not sure how accurate that is. I'm assuming the list - 'Jx Cx Dx Ix Ux Wx etc etc' is for paid subscribers only. Can someone please let me know the Business Class seat listing for this flight?...would be much appreciated

I note that when I check 'My Flights' on the Cathay and Asia Miles sites my 'Business Standard' waitlist has expired and been deleted, whereas my 'Business Choice' waitlist and 'Premium Economy' are both still showing. Not sure what to make of that?

Also, I'm now told by AM that the deadline is 22:00 Dec 2nd, only about 10.5 hours before the flight which leaves at 10.35am on 3rd Dec (8.35am HK time). Originally the deadline for this flight was 30th November.
Very confusing how they change the goal posts and keep things so damn opaque...I've gotta say that the Asia Miles/Marco Polo 'helpline' is less than helpful.

I see that there are not Economy tickets available on this flight for purchase on the CX website. I'm holding off buying a Qantas economy ticket until the last possible minute...at the risk of missing out altogether if they sell out.

Am I better to just buy an economy ticket now or hold off a bit longer?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX GO
Originally Posted by robmacaus
regarding cx150 bne-hkg dec 3rd as discussed in the preceding few posts - now the ef picture for business has changed to 11 x priority, 9 x blocked, and 7 x available. Less blocked seats than yesterday.

Asia miles is showing 'flight full not available for waitlist', but there are still business seats available for purchase on the cx website.

i can only see the seat map on ef so not sure how accurate that is. I'm assuming the list - 'jx cx dx ix ux wx etc etc' is for paid subscribers only. Can someone please let me know the business class seat listing for this flight?...would be much appreciated

i note that when i check 'my flights' on the cathay and asia miles sites my 'business standard' waitlist has expired and been deleted, whereas my 'business choice' waitlist and 'premium economy' are both still showing. Not sure what to make of that?

Also, i'm now told by am that the deadline is 22:00 dec 2nd, only about 10.5 hours before the flight which leaves at 10.35am on 3rd dec (8.35am hk time). Originally the deadline for this flight was 30th november.
Very confusing how they change the goal posts and keep things so damn opaque...i've gotta say that the asia miles/marco polo 'helpline' is less than helpful.

I see that there are not economy tickets available on this flight for purchase on the cx website. I'm holding off buying a qantas economy ticket until the last possible minute...at the risk of missing out altogether if they sell out.

Am i better to just buy an economy ticket now or hold off a bit longer?
j7 c7 d7 i7 u w0 r0 e0 t0 y0 b0 h0k0 m0 l0 v0 s0 n0 q0 o0
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:54 pm

Revenge sex with the Red Roo la. Better still go on a ONS with MU and work up CX to no end.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:05 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier

I've had that happen as well on my waitlist for HKG to YVR.

KVS tools showed CS0 but Expert Flyer showed there were around 6 J seats available. I thought it was a lost cause but one day I got the magical "Change of your booking status" email. Though I received the email in Oct for my flight in Dec.

I'm in the same situation again where my YVR to HKG is showing CS0, Expert Flyer is showing F2 A1 Z0 J9 C9 D6 I0 U W5 R3 E0 T0 Y0 B9 H3 K1 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 and I'm crossing my fingers I get the magical email again.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by blum81
I've had that happen as well on my waitlist for HKG to YVR.

KVS tools showed CS0 but Expert Flyer showed there were around 6 J seats available. I thought it was a lost cause but one day I got the magical "Change of your booking status" email. Though I received the email in Oct for my flight in Dec.

I'm in the same situation again where my YVR to HKG is showing CS0, Expert Flyer is showing F2 A1 Z0 J9 C9 D6 I0 U W5 R3 E0 T0 Y0 B9 H3 K1 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 and I'm crossing my fingers I get the magical email again.
Ah yes the magical email....I'm crossing everything waiting for it, but thinking it's a lost cause because last time I received the email on 9th August and had to issue the ticket by that same evening for the flight which was 4 days later:

Your booking on Business Class of CX157 (HKGBNE), 12Aug19 has been confirmed. Please check details on Manage Bookingand issue ticket before 09/08/2019 22:00.

But no such buffer this time, it's down to the wire for the flight on 3rd Dec!:

'Please note that your waitlist booking will expire if the flights are not confirmed by Hong Kong Time 22:00, 02 Dec 2019'

Not cool!!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by RobmacAus
But no such buffer this time, it's down to the wire for the flight on 3rd Dec!:

'Please note that your waitlist booking will expire if the flights are not confirmed by Hong Kong Time 22:00, 02 Dec 2019'

Not cool!!
Wow. Just wow! How does CX expect people to sit tight until the last minute waiting for waitlists to clear?!

Last edited by carrotjuice; Dec 1, 2019 at 3:28 am
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Wow. Just wow! How does CX expect people to sit tight until the last minute waiting for waitlists to clear?!
Yes
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:54 am

Could someone please give me a quick flight load check on CX150 - BNE - HKG 3rd Dec in Business?
Waitlisted in Business Choice

much appreciated!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: CX GO
Originally Posted by robmacaus
could someone please give me a quick flight load check on cx150 - bne - hkg 3rd dec in business?
waitlisted in business choice

much appreciated!
j7 c7 d7 i7 u w0 r0 e0 t0 y1 b1 h0k0 m0 l0 v0 s0 n0 q0 o0
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:21 pm

Given Y and W is sold out like that, forget about it.

How close can QF ticket for tomorrow's 9am flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.