Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
If we're indeed dealing with a cut in award availability (at the standard/saver level), are CX/AM being confronted with this in local media? Surely this is raising questions?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:24 am

Not finding any CX award availability post-June 22 on BA or QF in November for ex-HKG to SE Asia destinations. Ugh.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Cathay, BA, UA
Originally Posted by sxc

FWIW for that specific flight that you're showing, right now I can see it available under Business Standard. Curiously, it's not available under Choice but it is under Tailored.
i called MP twice for this and they said no availability and only wait list.

Last edited by diablo_josito; Jul 3, 2018 at 6:17 pm Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: OWE
there is no award available to SIN-HKG or HKG-SIN for the next 2 months with partners, when searching AM for award space, there are very few standard award available and most awards are either 'choice award' or 'tailor award' on most days - charging 40,000 or 57,000 AM for this route is highway robbery.

if more award availability means more EXPENSIVE award then it's time to jump ship from AM.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by staticx813
there is no award available to SIN-HKG or HKG-SIN for the next 2 months with partners, when searching AM for award space, there are very few standard award available and most awards are either 'choice award' or 'tailor award' on most days - charging 40,000 or 57,000 AM for this route is highway robbery.

if more award availability means more EXPENSIVE award then it's time to jump ship from AM.
I noticed the same here when looking at that route last night. Needed a last minute ticket for tomorrow and another one in August. Got both confirmed by SQ

This is really making me question MPC/AM and even why I'm flying so much CX
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:19 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by HaikalS
This is really making me question MPC/AM and even why I'm flying so much CX
Oh. It's not a choice. Unless you don't want to live here/come here. Welcome to the world's "freest" economy where Enhancements never cease.

Someone's already questioning AM's compliance with the Trade Descriptions Ordinance (on the 20% more seats claim)

Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Oh. It's not a choice. Unless you don't want to live here/come here. Welcome to the world's "freest" economy where Enhancements never cease.

Someone's already questioning AM's compliance with the Trade Descriptions Ordinance (on the 20% more seats claim)
It's a bit difficult for public to made complain due to outsiders don't knows the actual redemption full figures, but I thinking can we use some popular destination (e.g. SIN, NRT, ICN) data to prove AM is misleading its member?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by rickywk
It's a bit difficult for public to made complain due to outsiders don't knows the actual redemption full figures, but I thinking can we use some popular destination (e.g. SIN, NRT, ICN) data to prove AM is misleading its member?
You're asking for how many AM awards were available before vs after the changes? I might have that data for SFO-HKG.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:18 am

I am starting to wonder if CX/AM is still having some IT problems that need correction regarding award availability. It just doesn't make any sense to give availability to partners but not to its own AM members. For example, CX254 F LHR-HKG on 15/11/2018 is not available in either standard or choice award but is available on BA.com.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by finiteyoda
You're asking for how many AM awards were available before vs after the changes? I might have that data for SFO-HKG.
Yes, but I worrying AM may said it's a lot of seat able to redeem, but all of them are inside @#%&ing choice and tailored category.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by focusonskills
I am starting to wonder if CX/AM is still having some IT problems that need correction regarding award availability. It just doesn't make any sense to give availability to partners but not to its own AM members. For example, CX254 F LHR-HKG on 15/11/2018 is not available in either standard or choice award but is available on BA.com.
Are you sure it's not just phantom availability?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rickywk
The idealworkscompany survey "how easy is redemption for the basic and most popular reward type offered by the world’s top airlines?" Current Reports | IdeaWorksCompany . But if you sent the survey to Customs & Excise (and assuming they decide CX has to respond), CX will just say the survey does not include Choice and Tailored, which is where their claims bear out.

I'm interested in seeing how kind of a correction CX gets on the survey for next year.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:12 am

Is it an "enhancement" or has it always been that JAL could not be redeemed one-way via Asia Miles?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HaikalS
Is it an "enhancement" or has it always been that JAL could not be redeemed one-way via Asia Miles?
That's old rule https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...5#post26477635
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Wow - didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.