Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Maybe it's just me but if round-trip = 2x one way on CX/KA metal ... then what's the point of having a round-trip redemption chart?
Old May 23, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I am not very happy! what can I do?
kaka and NetJets Germany like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I am not very happy! what can I do?
Fly Qantas?
kaka likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Why cant they release the whole bloody thing now
Old May 23, 2018, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Gawd, I feel sorry for those LAX based/marginalized folk. Nicolas is NOT my friend!!!!!!!
fly AA
Old May 23, 2018, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-winners...tm_source=hero

• Regional flights to earn more Asia Miles, even in economy
  • Some business class fares to earn less points
  • More award seats available, but mostly at higher prices
Cathay Pacific is shaking up its Asia Miles loyalty program with a sweeping overhaul of how points are both earned and redeemed. Virtually every traveller on Cathay Pacific and its regional arm Cathay Dragon will be affected by the changes, which take effect from June 22, 2018.

The shake-up follows a wide-ranging recast of Cathay Pacific’s companion Marco Polo Club frequent flyer scheme in early 2016 and brings the two programs closer together in areas such as dividing routes into six ‘zoned’ categories from ultra-short to ultra-long.
<snip>
More comment by Ausbt in the link
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Maybe it's just me but if round-trip = 2x one way on CX/KA metal ... then what's the point of having a round-trip redemption chart?
i wonder how does that link with stopovers

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I looked at a few routes I would fly in F. JFK, LAX and SFO.

Round trip is kaput. But to be fair I can't remember the last time I redeemed a round trip. That was academic IMO.

JFK is a little less one way. SFO and LAX are a little more.
kaka likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:56 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
New Standard Award. But this is opened at T-353 so it should be compared to Avios table not existing Standard table

​​​​​​​
Old May 23, 2018, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
As someone who mainly redeems for oneway travel in premium cabins, the changes don't look too bad -- and even for the better in some cases. Will have to re-ticket a few awards post 22/6 as they'll be cheaper then.

I'm a bit concerned with the Standard vs Choice Awards. Will current availability levels be bucketed into "Choice" whereas Standard Award (presumably alongside availability for partners) availability will be very scarce?
that's the price you pay as you think things have improved
hehehe
Old May 23, 2018, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I looked at a few routes I would fly in F. JFK, LAX and SFO.

Round trip is kaput. But to be fair I can't remember the last time I redeemed a round trip. That was academic IMO.

JFK is a little less one way. SFO and LAX are a little more.
you'd be rather sick to redeem F as a standalone award using asiamiles. you know why (wink)
Old May 23, 2018, 11:02 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
New Choice Award. This should be compare to current Standard table

Old May 23, 2018, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by QRC3288
On the premium side, I wonder if they plan to restrict Alaska or some of the other more favorable programs?

Otherwise if inventory stays more or less the same for J or F seats as before, doesn't this make Alaska even more of an arbitrage in F or J class?

My first look is I think this provides me even less incentive to transfer miles to AM from credit cards. Fortunately it's not the end of the world for me, but it is still antagonistic towards premium customers. Unless of course they do a helluva job upgrading F and J class....things that seem remote to me. If I want a free F or J flight I just do it on Alaska no?
i think they would release choice to waitlist, esp status members. but standard (hence partners) well be held till later. non-OW partners like AS and CA will get less. AS already do get less
Old May 23, 2018, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by kaka
you'd be rather sick to redeem F as a standalone award using asiamiles. you know why (wink)
Yes, fortunately the 'wink' hasn't been completely destroyed yet. It's still possible to get long haul CX F for less than 70k (or 60k) one way, but availability is another issue.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: MPC Diamond
Anyone understand the rationale behind splitting "Long" awards into Type 1 and Type 2? Seems that they just made NA destinations more expensive to redeem even though they are same mileage (I guess because they get higher yields on those flights?). Feels like it makes it unnecessarily complicated...two different redemption groupings in the same mileage bucket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.