Community
Wiki Posts
Search

same day flight change/standby

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC SE
Flying on AC ticket # (014) yvr-tpe-hkg. Land in TPE at 1615 connecting to cx473 at 1840. Can I connect to an earlier flight? no checked bags and on a business class ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 300rwhp; Nov 7, 2017 at 9:34 pm Reason: wrong cx time
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
Flying on AC ticket # (014) yvr-tpe-hkg. Land in TPE at 1615 connecting to cx473 at 1640. Can I connect to an earlier flight? no checked bags and on a business class ticket.

Thanks in advance.
I've done a 15 minute connection in Taipei (same terminal, no baggage, already had mobile boarding pass) before but it was very tight!

Your connection however is only 25 minutes - that's already quite short? And the TPE CX lounge is pretty good actually
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:35 pm

whoops my current cx time is 2.5 hrs. Hoping to catch CX405. Will CX allow this change free of charge, subject to space available?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
whoops my current cx time is 2.5 hrs. Hoping to catch CX405. Will CX allow this change free of charge, subject to space available?
Haven't done it at the transfer desk but I do this almost weekly when I check-in and so far no fees. Worth a try - but again otherwise, TPE not a bad place to wait
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:45 pm

thank you HaikalS trying to get to Yardbird sooner.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:59 am

This inconsistent policy drives me crazy. I'm at the gate, I have no bags, the flight has empty seats, and yet, I must pay a rebooking fee? I can understand wanting to save a few empty seats for last minute full fare passengers, but by the time boarding starts, why not fill up the plane? Is Passenger Load Factor not a performance metric for Cathay like it is for other airlines? Why wouldn't they want more available seats for a flight later in the day?

I often get the feeling that AI has already taken over this company and nearly everything behind the scenes is being done by robots. Unfortunately, the firmware is stuck in the 1990s and is unable to upgrade.

Rant over.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:22 am

A bit of rant too...I was booked on a HKG/PVG flight a few weeks ago and it was changed from A321 to A320 which means no personal tv in Y. I went to the ticketing desk at Wing F and asked if I could change to another flight as there were at least 3 leaving at around the same time (1 was delayed and another is 15min after my booking). The lady told me there were seats available on other flights but I must pay the rebooking fee. Very very annoyed.

Another time I was booked in I transiting in HKG between LHR and PVG. The LHR flight arrived early so again I went to Wing F and asked if I could change. And they insisted on the rebooking fee.
steve15182 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.