Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I would say the appledaily articles are mostly based on the their "creativity" with reference to BA's revision except it will then becomes revenue based

Actually up till now I still don't know how revenue based model can be efficiently achieved... For example, revenue-wise HKG I > TPE (say) I so such sub-class differentiation seems won't truly reflect that "revenue based" model...

I don't know how CX can clearly illustrate how much points one will earn per flight and keep passenger informed on the progress towards next status level... Anyway let's see...
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:46 pm

I've come to realized the only reason I'm staying with CX are there hardware, soft-service, IFE, and ability to upgrade on full flights.

1) Hardware - other airlines are catching up, CX is no longer the standard in this area.

2) Soft-service - very hit and miss nowadays due to very high turn-around.

3) IFE - again, other airlines are offering the same if not superior products.

4) op-up opportunities - at least for this DM it seems to diminished.

I'm still curious on how MPC will cut DM/GO benefits, or make it that much harder to attain. If that is so, CX can take their "competitive program" back and I'll be having the exact same benefits with them as AA EXP.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I'll be having the exact same benefits with them as AA EXP.
not only that...as an AA EXP you get 8 one way upgrade vouchers
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I'm still curious on how MPC will cut DM/GO benefits, or make it that much harder to attain. If that is so, CX can take their "competitive program" back and I'll be having the exact same benefits with them as AA EXP.
One good thing is the timing. It seems that the plan is to finalize it by end of year/early next year. I think AA's program is on a calendar year so it should give people the option (if they so choose) to jump ship at the start of the earning period.

Originally Posted by dek526
True but it speaks volume that they seem to use it when they do their mileage run and then redeem those miles on CX ... though I suspect the choice of CX is also partly because they can't get their hands on JL or QF while QR has routing restriction and BA blasts them with surcharge.

Last edited by Rivarix; Jun 22, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:53 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by dek526
Good luck using them on HKG-DFW. Go have a look on the AA boards and see what benefits they're eliminating; cutting partner awards on certain routes, increased miles needed to travel on 4 peak US holidays, etc.

The AAdvantage saver awards are a joke. They bump it up to the AAnytime awards level and it's simply not worth it. It's better to buy a ticket.

Partner awards are still fantastic, but they haven't gotten around to that yet. Plus, it is definitely more difficult to get an F redemption ticket....at least from what I've noticed lately.

Lastly, speaking of AA redemption. You think CX is hard to get a ticket?? Try getting one on LA.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:06 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sscywong
Actually up till now I still don't know how revenue based model can be efficiently achieved... For example, revenue-wise HKG I > TPE (say) I so such sub-class differentiation seems won't truly reflect that "revenue based" model...
Perhaps they can go even further than than BA model (still based on fare code but more discrimination against cheaper fare codes) and use a truly-fare based model like UA http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...es/united.aspx
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by percysmith
Perhaps they can go even further than than BA model (still based on fare code but more discrimination against cheaper fare codes) and use a truly-fare based model like UA http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...es/united.aspx
The current model isn't far off from the BA one - the lowest booking classes in Y are already attracting 25%. Although I would be pretty worried if I was a regular class V/L/M flyer. Any changes would most likely reduce earnings (whether they choose to remain as a distance/booking code based model, or a full revenue based model).
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by soonyeap
it wasnt long ago when they made fanfare 25%. seriously? those shouldnt get any miles. so its more like MLVs getting the axe. its one of the better deals around but i guess its fair enough. JL get 0-30% for those fares. BA gets 25. i hope they wont modify the fare guarantee too much anyhow.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
UA approach ... you think CX IT is up to this challenge especially when it comes to calculating miles from partner airlines?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:36 pm

reply to wrong thread

Last edited by harrylam; Jun 22, 2015 at 9:42 pm Reason: reply to wrong thread
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by harrylam
I joined MPC in July 2014 and was upgraded to Silver at January 2014. However after I have accumulated another 20 sectors, it is not upgraded to Gold tier and it said I still need another 20 sectors to get the upgrade.

I am confused and I can't reach them through the hotline
You need 40 sectors to get to Gold. Your first 20 (to Silver) doesn't count.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
I think this is good change to axe MLV fares to be in line with other oneworld... Or male it absolutely simplistic, every hkd100 earn 1 point (status miles) and whatever your ticket cost is how much u earn. Absolutely fair, simple to manage, and cleanses the cheapo DM from real Dms.. By doing so keep the silver benefits....

No such thing as free lunch... Loopholes is over
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: CX MPC
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/realti...50622/53883742

Confirmation from Ivan Chu that AM and MPO will change their earn ratios, even tho the article has no specifics.
An English summary of some of the main points in the Apple Daily article has now been published on another local newspaper website:
http://www.ejinsight.com/20150623-cathay-plans-to-cut-benefits-for-frequent-flyer-members/
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fakecd
I think this is good change to axe MLV fares to be in line with other oneworld... Or male it absolutely simplistic, every hkd100 earn 1 point (status miles) and whatever your ticket cost is how much u earn. Absolutely fair, simple to manage, and cleanses the cheapo DM from real Dms.. By doing so keep the silver benefits....

What about bulk fares?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by fakecd

The only cheapo DMs/GOs are those obtained from AMEX FOC and at discounted requirements. Eliminate those and most of the issue will be solved. Pareto 80-20

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.