Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some people have no manners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Or smoking! My mother always used to tell me that only "bad" women used to smoke on the street as that was where they worked

Even when I was a smoker I never once smoked in the street
I suppose it depends where one is smoking from.

My Mum would have said and thoght that such behaviour was as common as muck. To her, smoking in the street was the perogative who worked the streets.

Nowadays everyone smokes in the street - mostly outside offices - although a friend told me that people doing so outside his building got Fixed Penalty notices for so doing. Whilst I loathe smoking, for pity's sake cut people a little slack - is this really what the ticket issuers of the nation should be doing
Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Harridans stand, ladies sit.
wonderful riposte! I wish I'd had your wit on hand at the time (Mr HH didn't even wake up...)
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
But what were you smoking, sunrisegirl?
Woodbines darling, I'm sure you remember them

And no, my surname is not Lewinsky before you start!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
my surname is not Lewinsky before you start!
That wasn't my line of thought at all - some people on this forum have such filthy minds. I was thinking more along the lines of some 'mind-bending' substances.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
That wasn't my line of thought at all - some people on this forum have such filthy minds.
Hmm, I wonder who they could be Mr Philanderer

I was thinking more along the lines of some 'mind-bending' substances.
Oh, you mean the jazz woodbines!!!! I live in London not in Amsterdam you know.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Aug 6, 2009 at 4:46 am
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver
That wasn't my line of thought at all - some people on this forum have such filthy minds.
No comment
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Bronze, BA AMEX
Originally Posted by bealine
5. If you wear your jacket buttoned, leave the lower button undone so that your sword may be readily drawn to protect your lady. For this reason, you should walk on the left hand side of your lady so that your right hand may easily grab your weapon.
Unless of course the road is to the right hand side of your lady in which case you should walk on that side to protect her from unwanted splashes of passing carriages.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Blimey this thread is still going. I see we're back to the good old FT BAEC days with regulars and new recruits having fun.

1. In hindsight I wish I would have thought twice about my phrasing. I read it again and it is quite a vicious thing to say, be it justified or not. I've apologised to printingbreakfast for this. I could have edited the OP to try and extinguish the fire however I wrote what I wrote.

2. It warms me to see printingbreakfast has become an instant FT legend ^

3. For those who wondered I took x2 Tylenol PM just before boarding BA182 22.30. I usually take one which helps but does not really make me sleep that good. Two pm's knocked me out and I've never slept that good in a metal tube previously. I was pretty drowsy the entire day after so I guess 1.5 is the ideal...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by goap
Unless of course the road is to the right hand side of your lady in which case you should walk on that side to protect her from unwanted splashes of passing carriages.
And of course if you are climbing stairs with a lady, you should walk ahead of her on the way down lest she fall, but allow her to walk in front on the way up. I wonder if anybody has devised a "gentlemen proficiency test" involving a complex course of stairs, roads, seats and doors.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by _nate
And of course if you are climbing stairs with a lady, you should walk ahead of her on the way down lest she fall, but allow her to walk in front on the way up. I wonder if anybody has devised a "gentlemen proficiency test" involving a complex course of stairs, roads, seats and doors.
Unless she is wearing a mini skirt then she would appreciate you saying "I shall go first"..........I always forget that one though.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Unless she is wearing a mini skirt then she would appreciate you saying "I shall go first"..........I always forget that one though.
Me too.

HIDDY - the link to your trip report does not appear to work.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Me too.

HIDDY - the link to your trip report does not appear to work.
Oh thanks Sixth Freedom. ^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
For those who wondered I took x2 Tylenol PM just before boarding BA182 22.30. I usually take one which helps but does not really make me sleep that good. Two pm's knocked me out and I've never slept that good in a metal tube previously. I was pretty drowsy the entire day after so I guess 1.5 is the ideal...
.... and don't be like the pax on one of my recent long hauls who took Tylenol, mixed it with alcohol and had an unfortunate reaction which completely spaced him out, then knocked him out, leaving him with no recollection of the flight...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
.... and don't be like the pax on one of my recent long hauls who took Tylenol, mixed it with alcohol and had an unfortunate reaction which completely spaced him out, then knocked him out, leaving him with no recollection of the flight...
Mad, mad, mad..........I would rather do without sleep than pop pills.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I did say "allow" :-) And you do suppose the gentleman is not wearing a kilt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.