Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our first F is spoiled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Just seems a little swings and roundabouts - but the question is academic for me. My last LH flight was 15 years ago and it will be 15 years before I set foot on them again. Likewise I sampled the delights of Air France last night. It was better than Alitalia.
???!!!?? If it wasn't AF would be in trouble....

Not going to knock AZ too much because their J product isn't the worst
Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
The OP's experience sounds awful. I will make a point of never flying in F with British Air.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Mr H
The OP's experience sounds awful. I will make a point of never flying in F with British Air.
You'd even refuse an upgrade??!!!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Me thinks he was being sarcastic...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:11 pm

Perhaps Mr H has made a point not to fly BA since 2003.

Prior to which, of course, he might have considered flying R.

ps - my ground experience back in 2002-2003 when I was flying R, was also quite pitiful. To the extent that I waited until T5 opened before I really did much flying on BA again, and my jury is still out on whether the lovely lounges can perhaps be accompanied by this mythical image of no queues clogging the FCC or going from lounge to aircraft without standing in a holding pen with 300+ people, followed perhaps (if it's your lucky day) by a bus that makes you long for the holding pen again...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Schultzois
... this mythical image of no queues clogging the FCC or going from lounge to aircraft without standing in a holding pen with 300+ people, followed perhaps (if it's your lucky day) by a bus that makes you long for the holding pen again...
And that, in a beautifully succinct nutshell, is the single worst aspect of First. You don't need fleets of Bentleys/Jags/Aston Martins whizzing all over the aprons - you just need to make sure that you remember that F pax hate to be treated like cattle and act accordingly. Which is Fast Track that is reliably fast, orderly priority boarding at all times, and dedicated cars/buses if you really must use a remote stand.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
And that, in a beautifully succinct nutshell, is the single worst aspect of First. You don't need fleets of Bentleys/Jags/Aston Martins whizzing all over the aprons - you just need to make sure that you remember that F pax hate to be treated like cattle and act accordingly. Which is Fast Track that is reliably fast, orderly priority boarding at all times, and dedicated cars/buses if you really must use a remote stand.
No argument here. I cannot understand that BA does not have dedicated buses for F and even J (also on outstations by the way!).
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:46 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
OP Indicates that they Used BA Miles..But BA is Not listed on their profile.

Programs: AA,AC,Delta.NWA.United,MR gold,

OP Also loves LH and their Low Mileage redemptions but M and M is not listed on OP's Profile either.

Anyhow does it really matter if you go by Car from FRA or Bus from LHR..In the end you are still treated like Cattle upon arrival at LAX- TBIT, sometimes even with the Joys of a Long Remote Bus Transfer.

People from Glass Houses [Pasadena-LAX County] should not throw stones. Fix you own International Airlines and Airports.

I still enjoy LHR Fastrack Immigration or IRIS to anything that I have to endure at LAX or indeed FRA.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't it be a simple case of buying BA tickets with AA miles and LH tickets with UA miles?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:21 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
???!!!?? If it wasn't AF would be in trouble....
Well from the hard faced sourpuss who greeted us - (to be charitable she said Bonjour. She also said Au Revoir at the end and I knew which was the more sincere) to the over-volume moussed little queen with her sun glasses stuck in his over teased bush aka hairdo we had in a stroke the Queen of Mean and the Killer Queen. Everyone appeare to be called Securite-Safety. Clearly they were related. The Capt gave a little cabaret before the entire aircraft to send British ATC up. Brought the house down. I made a mental note that that locked door was not to keep undesirables out but actually keep them in the cockpit where they can't hburt anyone. Like the insane asylums before the turn of thbe last century.

They did eventually perform a service of sorts. Ice was an extra - it had to be requested. Anyway it was all so wonderful (the cabin was spotless I must say) that I realised why all the CDGs I go on are packed. The cabin resonated behind me to the sound of ''Sheeps or Cake'' ( I am not making this up - I think that she was actually trying to say Chips. Why is it thbat some people never progress beyond a certain point in languages and seem content to stick there? Not me I'm afraid - need to move on. Ah well.

You may wonder why on Gods earth I was on there. But that is for a TFTG which has nothing to do with anything.

I am sure that Lufthansa is wonderful. I am sure that AF can be wonderful. I keep hearing this. I shall not bother again but still never mind.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
You may wonder why on Gods earth I was on there. But that is for a TFTG which has nothing to do with anything.
Enough teasing Pucci! Let us have it. Perrrrleeeeeeease.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Everyone appeare to be called Securite-Safety. Clearly they were related.
The red "Safety - Securite" badge identifies the crew that have been given aircraft-specific training; AF will roster the legal minimum number of crew that have been trained on safety equipment and procedures specific to, for example, the Boeing 777, and top these up with other crew that may not be trained on that specific aircraft; legal, and probably designed to give the AF scheduling department maximum flexibility.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by UncleDude
OP Indicates that they Used BA Miles..But BA is Not listed on their profile.

Programs: AA,AC,Delta.NWA.United,MR gold,

OP Also loves LH and their Low Mileage redemptions but M and M is not listed on OP's Profile either.

Anyhow does it really matter if you go by Car from FRA or Bus from LHR..In the end you are still treated like Cattle upon arrival at LAX- TBIT, sometimes even with the Joys of a Long Remote Bus Transfer.

People from Glass Houses [Pasadena-LAX County] should not throw stones. Fix you own International Airlines and Airports.

I still enjoy LHR Fastrack Immigration or IRIS to anything that I have to endure at LAX or indeed FRA.
And this has what to do with what? if I listed all the programs I belong too(but are not regularly active in)there would no room for posting!
Just for giggles-i do belong to BAEC(only a blue member)as a matter of fact and these were BAEC miles being redeemed.

BTW-if you would have bothered to have read the linked trip report you would have seen I have no love for LAX.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Jul 27, 2009 at 5:14 pm
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:35 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by mad_rich
It is a ghastly word. It implies that the speaker has previously planed, or perhaps even enplaned, which doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant experience. I've just planed my bathroom door, and even that isn't likely to become deplaned in the near future.

I've never heard of anyone debus, decar debicycle or for that matter deseat.

I suspect the kind of people who 'deplane' also 'breakfast' and watch as their garden 'greens'.

I'm afraid I'm not the kind of person who appreciates his noun being verbed.
Don't you ever lunch or dine? And why didn't you get molishers to do your bathroom door?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by FF
Don't you ever lunch or dine?
I'll bet he does. And before the mods close this thread, we'll have him teaing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.