Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our first F is spoiled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mad_rich
It is a ghastly word. It implies that the speaker has previously planed, or perhaps even enplaned, which doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant experience. I've just planed my bathroom door, and even that isn't likely to become deplaned in the near future.

I've never heard of anyone debus, decar debicycle or for that matter deseat.

I suspect the kind of people who 'deplane' also 'breakfast' and watch as their garden 'greens'.

I'm afraid I'm not the kind of person who appreciates his noun being verbed.

Yet another rewording of the English language, there was some posts on here regarding this word before and they were very funny
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mad_rich
It is a ghastly word. It implies that the speaker has previously planed, or perhaps even enplaned, which doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant experience. I've just planed my bathroom door, and even that isn't likely to become deplaned in the near future.

I've never heard of anyone debus, decar debicycle or for that matter deseat.

I suspect the kind of people who 'deplane' also 'breakfast' and watch as their garden 'greens'.

I'm afraid I'm not the kind of person who appreciates his noun being verbed.
Do you do lunch? If so, maybe you're people can talk with my people and we can do lunch in the CCR?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:13 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by adrianjc32
Trust me I suspect you have mixed me up with some other hunk. You most certainly would not want me driving!! I remember when working for another carrier driving some customers in a transit bus to a connection, we stopped at a junction ,having driven for about 10 minutes. As I pulled away the stewardess sat beside me said "you have left the handbrake on", to which I replied "I didn't know it had one, but I thought it was sluggish"!! Oh how we laughed, oh how the customers screamed!!
Then we taxi them around LHR and stamp on the brakes. Then they scream, then we laugh!!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:29 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by nologic
Do you do lunch? If so, maybe you're people can talk with my people and we can do lunch in the CCR?
you're?? Come on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.