Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
I know things go a bit screwy around statement time but I have receipts showing points balance in the range 6800 prior to this statement, but I only received 5000 in my statement and my current balance online shows 750ish.

Am I right in thinking some have gone astray?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by rphilippe
Does anyone know how i can get my points to auto convert to BA miles?
Thanks,
No longer possible, I'm afraid; it must be done manually.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by potfish

Am I right in thinking some have gone astray?
I think that one or two folks are reporting similar situations, and Tesco's lack of itemised statementing for CC points makes it doubly frustrating.

I think that I've lost some, but I've not been as on-the-ball as usual with the spreadsheet this quarter.

Not that anyone should have to resort to such a tracking solution at all, of course! At least not in 2009.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:02 am
k3v

My vouchers have turned up and my points are about 1000 down now that the counter has reset. Hopefully it will sort its self out.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
Latest extra points offers - 150 points when you but 3 Oral B Stages children's toothbrushes (£1.94 each), and 200 points when you buy 2 Tesco ink cartridges (prices vary, but not great value)
Old Aug 20, 2009, 2:31 am

Programs: BA
A number of us have been getting £2-off vouchers for printer cartridges with our voucher posting, so combine that with the bonus points and it's sensible value (assuming you need print cartridges)
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Hi All

Does anyone have the details of how I can cancel the auto conversion of my tesco points to BA miles. Many thanks.

Phil
Old Aug 21, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
RIng them - Tesco - up, I have done it myself on some accounts.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Statement just arrived -- thousand and thousands of miles (which is good), but the enclosed vouchers are back to crap (35p off PG Tips, 75p off Daz etc.)

When will they realise that I do NOT need to save any odd pence, because I am not yet destitute, but I DO wish to receive extra CC points !
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:58 am

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Blue
Ours arrived this morning (Mrs AMRKOS and I) - once they become BA Miles it'll give us enough for our first FIRST next year - I'm very excited

We got a couple of extra points coupons - nothing to get too excited about - but it'll all go towards next quarter's (hopefully) bumper haul...
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Congrats AMRKOS - enjoy !
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Exec, Priority Club RA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down Run in with Tesco Staff

So I'm doing the weekly shop in Tesco and notice a 40pts bonus on Tesco Finest Cheesecakes. I'm pretty sure that this offer has ended but figure that as the offer is still on display it was worth taking a chance.

After checkout I scan my receipt ... not suprised to find no sign of the 40 extra points. I mention this to the cashier who tries to tell me that the 40 pts are incorporated in my total. I know this is not the case and try and explain this ... she tells me that 98 + 98 = 116 so at this point I realise I need to head to Customer Services.

Some might say why bother as I knew the offer was over anyway but by this point it was a matter of principle ... I was slightly wary considering other FT'er's near run in with the police when s/he dared quibble a points total.

Get to the front of the queue and point out the problem and yet again get told that the 40pts are in the total. I start to get slightly annoyed at this point as this simply is not true. She then says she has to go and look at the shelf ... as she marchs across the store it occurs to me that perhaps I should have gone with her to make sure she doesn't remove the advert (given I've been lied to twice so far I wouldn't put this past Tesco). After about 5 mins she returns with said label in her hand but unbelievably tells me again the points are in my total but as a courtesy gesture she will add an extra 40 onto my card.

So I got the 40 pts but Tesco's attitude towards customer service was well and truly appalling.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Got my vouchers this morning (over £500-worth, but only because I recredited c £500-worth which were about to expire). They actually came as a cheque book, amazingly, all bound together. I have never seen this before, it must be the new way of dealing with large volumes. 12 vouchers in all.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Originally Posted by Rickers
Statement just arrived -- thousand and thousands of miles (which is good), but the enclosed vouchers are back to crap (35p off PG Tips, 75p off Daz etc.)

When will they realise that I do NOT need to save any odd pence, because I am not yet destitute, but I DO wish to receive extra CC points !
Glad you got your thousands and thousands of miles and your money off coupons so why are you still moaning?? If you want more miles you can buy them from BA or shop more at Tesco. Why not be happy with the loyalty bonus you got or go and shop elsewhere if you are not happy. Just stop moaning about it or if you want to moan then moan to Tesco not us.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Rickers
... 75p off Daz ...
Ours was 70p off Persil. I wonder how they decide between brands. I would have expected some brand consistency.

We also got 100 points off Uncle Ben's Express rice (which was on a 3 for £3.75 offer) and 50 points just for being a points collector. There was also 100 points for buying any ringtone for our Tesco mobile. I rather fancy having 'All Shook Up' or 'Jailhouse Rock' as a ringtone but don't want it on our Tesco SIM as we're on a better package. We won't bother with the 35 points with PG Tips or the 20 points with Ambrosia or Hartleys custard, rice pudding or jelly pots. Was also impressed by the multi-vouchers done up as a cheque book, as mentioned by Raffles.

Overall, not too bad this time with 5 points coupons, even if we won't use 3 of them.

Oh, yes. We used £11.50 of last week's Daily Mail vouchers. (Yes, I know, but I hope you understand.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.