Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Anyone know what this clubcard 2 is all about?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Well apparently even the staff don't know. All they've been told is it will be worth the wait
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Any help with clarifying Tesco 600 mile bonus

Originally Posted by paul.goffin
The bonus 600 miles, has been sent to all 4 of my HHA members.

Last time it was only sent to me, and I was the member who converts all Tesco Vouchers to BA Miles.

Last time I converted a voucher in Feb and received the bonus miles in April.
I need to check whether the other members of my HH account got this offer.

But can anyone clarify. If I simply convert the lowest voucher possible - GBP2.50 do I really get the 600 miles bonus??

If that is the case then GBP10.00 of Tesco vouchers for 4800 miles is a nice deal indeed.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Modo
I need to check whether the other members of my HH account got this offer.

But can anyone clarify. If I simply convert the lowest voucher possible - GBP2.50 do I really get the 600 miles bonus??

If that is the case then GBP10.00 of Tesco vouchers for 4800 miles is a nice deal indeed.
I'm not sure how you calculated 4800 miles.

The 600 miles bonus is a one off, and irrelevant of the amount of clubcard vouchers you cash in.

So yes you can just cash in a £2.50 voucher and receive 600miles bonus.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
This could earn some 'members' here extra Tesco Clubcard Vouchers (aka give us an extra inch and we'll give you extra miles)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-demand.html
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mdj1
Anyone know what this clubcard 2 is all about?
Pointless speculation of course but I wonder if they can diddle those of us on the grandfathered 250 points/800 BA miles rate. Has anybody got a long enough memory to recall the promise that came with this preferential rate? "Forever" is what sticks in my mind but time can play funny tricks!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by philco
Pointless speculation of course but I wonder if they can diddle those of us on the grandfathered 250 points/800 BA miles rate. Has anybody got a long enough memory to recall the promise that came with this preferential rate? "Forever" is what sticks in my mind but time can play funny tricks!
Forever, or the lifetime of the card holder - is my recollection
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by philco
Actually they did us a massive favour. When the premium rate was active you had to qualify each quarter to get the 800 rate and no mercy if you missed out now and then. But then when they scrapped the two tier scheme they let anyone who had ever got a premium rate stay on the premium rate. Very generous.

So if and when they finally enhance us all onto 600 rate, it will be a shame but we can't be too aggrieved.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Our points balance has remained unchanged for a couple of weeks now. Last week's supermarket and petrol purchases have still to show.

It's 4 weeks (16 July) since we got an e-mail message including this:
- 'Any points collected up until Sunday 26th July will be converted into vouchers which you'll receive next month.'

I know that statements and vouchers are despatched in batches. It seems strange though that our balance has remained static.

Anybody else in the same boat?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Roger
Our points balance has remained unchanged for a couple of weeks now. Last week's supermarket and petrol purchases have still to show.

It's 4 weeks (16 July) since we got an e-mail message including this:
- 'Any points collected up until Sunday 26th July will be converted into vouchers which you'll receive next month.'

I know that statements and vouchers are despatched in batches. It seems strange though that our balance has remained static.

Anybody else in the same boat?
My Clubcard points balance remained static for several weeks (both online and on my receipts). A week or so ago it started increasing again but it's still showing a balance that's about a week behind where it should be (rather than the 48 hours it says on the receipts it takes for your account to be updated).

I still wouldn't worry. This happens every quarter end to some degree. and strange things happen. On occasion, I have received my quarterly statement before my balance has dropped to reflect the vouchers issued.

I think by saying "next month" they just meant we should get our statements sometime during August so plenty of time to go yet.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:17 am

This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to see a detailed Clubcard statement showing all point earning "events" rather than just the current points total? I can't find the option anywhere on the Clubcard site, but may just be having an off day.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SteveF
This may be a stupid question, but is it possible to see a detailed Clubcard statement showing all point earning "events" rather than just the current points total? I can't find the option anywhere on the Clubcard site, but may just be having an off day.
No, it's not. The only split you get is on your quarterly statement and even then the breakdown is only into a few general categories such as Grocery points, Petrol, Tesco Direct, Tesco Finance, Eon etc. Therefore, if all your Clubcard points are earned through in-store and online grocery/wine-store shopping then you won't get any breakdown at all.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:44 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by SteveF
is it possible to see a detailed Clubcard statement showing all point earning "events" rather than just the current points total?
If you were desperate, you might be able to get this through a Data Protection Act request (I don't know about Clubcard, but I know that this yields a breakdown of every use of a staff discount card), but that's a bit of an effort...
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by raikje
If you were desperate, you might be able to get this through a Data Protection Act request (I don't know about Clubcard, but I know that this yields a breakdown of every use of a staff discount card), but that's a bit of an effort...
I agree. To be honest I can't be bothered unless there is an easy way that I'm missing. Thanks anyway.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Clubcard 2 will be heavily promoted this weekend and next. The first detail out (maybe the only one at this stage?) is that from Monday all purchases will get 2pts/£. Not bad but not all that exiting.

(I hope deals will not get diluted to reflect this though!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.